hulika

Author Topic: RIVERMAYA NOT DISBANDED!  (Read 27486 times)

Offline joshnerez

• Forum Fanatic
Re: RIVERMAYA DISBANDED ?
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 11:27:49 AM »
search for..

ROCKSTAR: Rivermaya

i think rico is busy designing for human at sa kanyang artworks..
"It is not great men who changes the world, but weak men in the hands of a great God."

Offline boytambol

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 10:04:57 PM »
eh.. anlau na nga ng narating ng banda nila eh... isa lang sila sa konting international bands dito diba???

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 04:45:03 AM »
eh.. anlau na nga ng narating ng banda nila eh... isa lang sila sa konting international bands dito diba???

That's one of the reasons Rico left... To concentrate on his "solo" international career...

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 07:48:54 AM »
if ever there is a search for a new vocalist, i wish they would just opt to make mike their front man instead. after all he does have experience as 7 foot jr's front man before.

Offline sponkel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »
de nga? totoo ba to?

solo "international" career ni rico?
Visit the Phantom Mime on soundclick!www.soundlick.com/PhantomMime

LOOKING FOR ROCK GUITARIST LP AREA click here for more info

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 11:19:56 AM »
nagsalita na si dindin    :-D
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline pyrosolaris

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 02:32:11 PM »
CONFIRMED!!!

sayang naman,

may video na silang laganap na sa star world, saka pa sila nagdisband...

sila yung pinoy band na sumikat sa buong mundo.

AND DEY ACTUALLY DOIN DIS?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rivermaya will be missed by fans worldwide. They would totally definitely disband and reunite, for their chief songwriter departed the band, much relative to the eraserheads' case. Kahit kumuha pa sila ng bagong singer, mabubuwag din sila dahil wala na yung chief songwriter nila.

may sense ba? :?
Rise O fallen fighters,
Rise and take your stance again,
Coz he whho fights and runs away, Live to fight another day  -Berhane Selassie (Hon. Robert Nesta Marley, O.M.) The Heathen, Bob Marley and the Wailers   BAKIT 125 LANG ANG POSTS KO??? MODS

Offline vinz

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 02:39:30 PM »
dadating talaga ang point na "HINDI KA NA MASAYA SA GINAGAWA MO"...

Offline free

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2007, 01:22:14 AM »
if you're easily turned off by harsh language from an opinionated bastard, then please don't read this post.

you have been warned.

my two centavos:

i seriously doubt that rivermaya would be able to last without rico blanco. like stated in the article from PEP, rico blanco is the main creative force of the band. it would be exactly like the eraserheads without ely buendia. i could elaborate about this more but i see no reason for me to do so. as you're reading this, you probably already agree with me.

hence,

the thing that struck (and annoyed) me most would have to be the rumors floating about that the remaining band members are thinking of replacing rico blanco by doing the ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA thing. like FTW?!??!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?! i'm really bloody pissed off! this is the band that has been labelled "ang banda nang bayan". the band that has literally written anthems for entire generations of filipinos! creative giants! they already earned their place in the OPM hall of fame! so why the hell would they opt to do an IDOL SEARCH for the next rico blanco1 and throw all that away?!?!?1/1/1 FTW?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!  i would seriously lose ALL respect for rivermaya. i would even go as far as burning all of my rivermaya CD's, posters and other rivermaya related memorabilia. i don't think anyone could fill rivermaya's frontman spot as well as rico blanco did. i'd rather they disband and change their name to something else. don't taint the rivermaya name with this rockstar search [gooey brown stuff]. i'd even go as far as saying that i would rather all of them just quit music altogether and peddle taho and fishballs in the streets! even THAT would be better than to see them make a mockery of one of the greatest filipino bands in history on tv. smegging bastards! smegging bloody bastards!!!!!!!
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline MarkRelos

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2007, 03:24:10 AM »
All that talking defending rivermaya in youtube and other forums. And now Rico is leaving!
Well to view and stuff, I support Rico in whatever pops in his head. But they will be greatly missed.
And I agree that a "INXS" kind of show that they might be planning(not yet confirmed anyway) would spoil the name. I guess they make MikeE or Japs the new frontman. Or make a quiet audition and then just suddenly announce the new band member.

As Rico said. His work is down. Well for my part I wish I have a stable band for the next 3 years so that I'll be able to be a part of the TRIBUTE ALBUM! q3 :wink: :mrgreen: naks!
At sa pag tulog ng gabi maririnig ang dasal na ang kabataan uhaw sa tunay na pag mamahal " -

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2007, 04:35:04 AM »
Juan Dela Cruz pa rin ang banda ng bayan!

Offline karead

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2007, 05:57:02 AM »

+1 :-D

Offline joshnerez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2007, 08:35:55 AM »

That's one of the reasons Rico left... To concentrate on his "solo" international career...

ganun bah? naks naman!
sayang...since perfs departure, i never followed on sa mga records nila, but i love their style..may sulat eh..sayang.. tsk tsk tsk..
"It is not great men who changes the world, but weak men in the hands of a great God."

Offline joshnerez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2007, 08:38:53 AM »

+1 :-D

:-D +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2007, 09:00:59 AM »
Straight from the horses' mouth:

"Dear friends, i am no longer with the band and management of
rivermaya. I have been with the group from the start, and after 14
great years, I am now quite excited about the chance to finally do
other things with my life, pursue endeavors outside of the
entertainment spotlight. This is a desire I have made known to my
group as early as 2005 and have already postponed several times. I
will surely miss the music and the fans and will always cherish the
experience. I hope you will continue supporting the group and the
whole of opm. My work is done. Thank you for all your incredible love
and support.

Rico Blanco"

From his blog at http://www.amillionflames.multiply.com

Seems he wants to concentrate on putting up a NGO/foundation called A Million Flames.
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline cowboi_way

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
sad news. :-o

kala ko mag swap si bamboo at rico.

makikibaka na si rico. he will act like bono i think.
fender standard strat (standard lang)squire by fender strat cali (crap)fender fm 25dsp (crappy)marshall ms-2r (great sounding amp, cool od)yamaha fx370c (ok na rin)kahon - maestro ( nakita sa mag used by escueta)line 6 - floor pod ( yeah  ! )
fender-dc60

Offline michiko.airashii

• i'm a girl
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2007, 09:40:37 AM »
naman eh! sila na nga lang ang natitira tapos ganito pa! Rico come back! huhuhuhu! :cry:

Offline IncX

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2007, 10:15:04 AM »
if you're easily turned off by harsh language from an opinionated bastard, then please don't read this post.

you have been warned.

my two centavos:

i seriously doubt that rivermaya would be able to last without rico blanco. like stated in the article from PEP, rico blanco is the main creative force of the band. it would be exactly like the eraserheads without ely buendia. i could elaborate about this more but i see no reason for me to do so. as you're reading this, you probably already agree with me.

hence,

the thing that struck (and annoyed) me most would have to be the rumors floating about that the remaining band members are thinking of replacing rico blanco by doing the ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA thing. like FTW?!??!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?! i'm really bloody pissed off! this is the band that has been labelled "ang banda nang bayan". the band that has literally written anthems for entire generations of filipinos! creative giants! they already earned their place in the OPM hall of fame! so why the hell would they opt to do an IDOL SEARCH for the next rico blanco1 and throw all that away?!?!?1/1/1 FTW?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!  i would seriously lose ALL respect for rivermaya. i would even go as far as burning all of my rivermaya CD's, posters and other rivermaya related memorabilia. i don't think anyone could fill rivermaya's frontman spot as well as rico blanco did. i'd rather they disband and change their name to something else. don't taint the rivermaya name with this rockstar search [gooey brown stuff]. i'd even go as far as saying that i would rather all of them just quit music altogether and peddle taho and fishballs in the streets! even THAT would be better than to see them make a mockery of one of the greatest filipino bands in history on tv. smegging bastards! smegging bloody bastards!!!!!!!

i agree with your posts... but i can give you the reason why they are doing that:

MANAGEMENT

we all know that eventhough rico writes almost all the songs, he is not the leader of the band. thats the reason why i think:

RIVERMAYA SUCKS

yup... flame away, but before you do, hear me out:

i think rico blanco is very talented. i like the way he produced free. that guy has ears i tell you... very discriminating ones. he has his weaknesses like being too carried away with current popular bands, but i think thats all management BS pushing him in that direction.

i also think ex members, bamboo, perf (man, i still love that solo he did on 214. yeah yeah, i should move to his better stuff, hehe), nathan (awesome basslines!) and current member mark escueta (its amazing this guy can do those drum lines without calling attention to himself... thats real talent).

the reason why i think rivermaya sucks is because its not a BAND's band... it is however, a MANAGER's band

it operates that way because the ppl who make rivermaya tick are corporate ppl who probably couldnt play decent guitar (if they could, then why dont they have a band?). suits suck. they dont know squat about music, only the business side of it.

as not to trash management completely, i can say, that as a businessman, i admire their talents for keeping the name "rivermaya" afloat for so many years.

if the manager reads this, i really am in for a flame war and a possible law suit *lol* ... oh well, its not like im making up stories for them *lol* its just an opinion.

anyway, im glad rico quit... he could find new management and begin writing songs that are closer to his heart (hopefully) rather than fall into the trap of writing commercial jingles for money.

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2007, 10:21:38 AM »
Actually I've known the Rivermaya management for years. It's not a group of "corporate types," it's just Lizza Nakpil and she is hardly a "corporate type suit" , she's as odd and bohemian as they come. (ha ha, sorry Lizza!) It's just that the company ran Rivermaya professionally, contracts-wise, deals-wise, etc.

All pro bands should be run that way. And a lot of them are - Pancho (who was Lizza's ex-road manager) for Bamboo, Richard Tan for Parokya / Kamikazee, etc.

Band managers can learn a thing or two about 'em.

As for commercial risks, Rivermaya did some adventurous unheard of things with Lizza's management. Rivermaya Remixed ... the "Free" album - given away for free ... even the current album, covering obscure 80's songs.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 10:26:07 AM by Jim Ayson »

Offline joshnerez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2007, 10:28:28 AM »
Actually I've known the Rivermaya management for years. It's not a group of "corporate types," it's just Lizza Nakpil and she is hardly a "corporate type suit" , she's as odd and bohemian as they come. (ha ha, sorry Lizza!) It's just that the company ran Rivermaya professionally, contracts-wise, deals-wise, etc.

All pro bands should be run that way. And a lot of them are - Pancho (who was Lizza's ex-road manager) for Bamboo, Richard Tan for Parokya / Kamikazee, etc.

As for commercial risks, Rivermaya did some adventurous unheard of things with Lizza's management. Rivermaya Remixed ... the "Free" album - given away for free ... even the current album, covering obscure 80's songs.

and sir jim psoke of the truth and bothing but the truth..
thats the ugly side (komo! lovely side of being a star)..

so sad, so..keep on living..lagay na lang natin sila sa HOF..one yep yep for Rivermaya..

Offline IncX

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »

i forgot to mention that.

yep, management is cool compared to other mangement firms who dont take as much risk.

the thing is, i really dont think a band is meant to last, especially if they are in the mainstream.

i still think rivermaya sucks because of the things i mentioned above - they made some 'wrong' moves too (like the new vocalist thing maybe) .. but they can justify it probably because, hey, it is their group.

but as to soften the blow of my previous post (i wont edit it) ... if i was gonna be mainstream, and be managed by someone, i think it would be rivermaya's group (they on the other hand, wont manage me, hahaha)....

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »
the thing is, i really dont think a band is meant to last, especially if they are in the mainstream.

I'd like to hear what Dindin has to say about that ....

Offline joshnerez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »

Dindin...waiting for your repz...heheheh!

Offline IncX

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2007, 01:35:31 PM »

are they the only ones left from the 90's who is still in the mainstream?

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2007, 02:27:32 PM »
naman eh! sila na nga lang ang natitira tapos ganito pa! Rico come back! huhuhuhu! :cry:

anong sila na lang ? di hamak na mas worth listening ang razorback, and nag gi gig pa ang razorback ah
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 02:33:02 PM by bugoy »