Question About avid recording studio

Avid Recording Studio
0 (0%)
Avid Vocal Studio
0 (0%)
Avid Key Studio
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: AVID Recording Studio  (Read 1156 times)

Offline --randz--

AVID Recording Studio
« on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:20 PM »
Mga Sir help naman.. ask ko lang kung pwede i-plug lahat sa (PC) Usb Port ung avid home recording studio, avid vocal studio, at avid key studio

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: AVID Recording Studio
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »
Normally, yes... but why?

The Recording Studio already has an XLR input so why the need for the Vocal Studio? The Key Studio adds another usb mic but if you don't need it, why not just get a usb keyboard controller?

The thing with usb (with asio) is that the active device is usually the monitoring device also. This means that if you have all 3 connected, and all have audio outputs, you might have to monitor each individually. M-audio usually makes great drivers for their equipment and I know they can integrate several of their pci card interfaces so that it looks like a single device. But usb devices can be finicky.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline --randz--

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:27:16 AM »
hi sir kitc,

thank you very much for that info.. actually this is the scenario, i already have the avid m-audio recording interface which i am using i think for a year na.
then i ask my cousin in the US to purchase me a condenser mic, the samson c-03 or mxl or behringer b3. but unfortunately he purchased the avid vocal studio
beacause maybe he thinks that this is what i need for recording. :-D

by the way what condenser mic will you recommend maybe for a low to medium price, for now i'm using the Bardl Condenser Mic

Thanks.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 08:03:50 PM »
Like most who ask, define low to medium. The reason is that if you have the budget, then I would recommend something that is definitely worth it. However, what will be the intended use? For example, not all condensers are the same. Some are great all rounders, but they come with a great name (think U-87). Some are better for vocals while others are better for instruments.

A while back I think I saw someone selling an M-audio Luna in the classifieds. Based on reviews, that was a good condenser: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar04/articles/maudioluna.htm

...found it: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=284803.0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:07:57 PM by KitC »
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline --randz--

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »
ok sir i'll check on this.

thanks a lot