hulika

Author Topic: RP BAND (Run for your love / When angels march across the sky)  (Read 126942 times)

Offline reyban

• Philmusicus Noobitus

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
Re: RP BAND (Run for your love / When angels march across the sky)
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 10:09:47 PM »
@raizen26,

Heavy riffs, melodic and the guitar squeals. And do I hear some tapping and pinch harmonics?

no problem bro. sana may pag post ng street legal album in mp3 kung available  :-D  :-D  :-D

yap, all of them are there. lahat na yata ng mga tricks inilagay na nya sa mga kanta hehehe!  trip ko din yung damsel in distress. 
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 10:22:13 PM »
Guys you are the best! Here's my email karlsdomain@yahoo.com

Reyban, i'll find someone who can rip the album for you.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
Guys you are the best! Here's my email karlsdomain@yahoo.com

Reyban, i'll find someone who can rip the album for you.

bro, i sent it to your email address. i used google, please check the subject title RP Band Strange Storms

just text me if you received it 0916 540 5478
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline reyban

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 11:32:18 AM »
The needle drops on While Angels March:

Don't worry guys, I'll find a way to do a vinyl rip and have it available in FLAC and MP3 formats.

Raizen, I hope to be able to give you soon all the Street Legal songs as my treat  :-D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:35:51 AM by reyban »

Offline MIG AYESA

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2008, 12:15:40 PM »
no problem bro. sana may pag post ng street legal album in mp3 kung available  :-D  :-D  :-D

yap, all of them are there. lahat na yata ng mga tricks inilagay na nya sa mga kanta hehehe!  trip ko din yung damsel in distress. 

Sila pala yun! Ang galing din ng guitar solo.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 04:35:49 PM »
bro, i sent it to your email address. i used google, please check the subject title RP Band Strange Storms

just text me if you received it 0916 540 5478

Got it! Thanks!! Also sent you sms! :-)

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 07:13:21 PM »
The needle drops on While Angels March:

Don't worry guys, I'll find a way to do a vinyl rip and have it available in FLAC and MP3 formats.

Raizen, I hope to be able to give you soon all the Street Legal songs as my treat  :-D

bro asahan ko yan, ha? thanks!

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008, 07:15:30 PM »
im toying with the idea of a get together, kasama RP band, and influence them to regroup! hehehe!  :-D 

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »
im toying with the idea of a get together, kasama RP band, and influence them to regroup! hehehe!  :-D 

Good idea!

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »
go ako dun sa idea na yun! bring them back!  :-D

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 07:26:46 PM »
Do you have contact with both Bob and Goff?

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 12:09:04 PM »
Do you have contact with both Bob and Goff?

only Bob Aves through his email address, got it sa website nila Tao Music when i was inquiring about their street legal album, though we don't know each other personally  :-D

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 07:08:02 PM »
Game set na yan!! It would be an honor to meet them personaly. LSS namin ng wife ko yung song na "You"!

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 09:19:05 AM »
game ako bro. I think we need to show them that they still have a following para mabuyo nating pumayag sa gathering  :-D

Offline jiu-jitsu brasileiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 07:22:50 PM »
game ako bro. I think we need to show them that they still have a following para mabuyo nating pumayag sa gathering  :-D

sama ako dyan. noong late 80s isa sa mga songs na kinapa ko yung "while angels march...". i was lucky enough to have worked with mr. louie ocampo 4 years ago and i wasnt aware na siya pala ang composer ng song na yun. goff informed me about this and i might ask louie kung meron siyang copy nung song. :-)
nemo me impune lacesit

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 11:07:17 PM »
Hey let's get the ball rolling!! Maybe we could meet up with the guys siguro kahit konting beer right after work.

Jonal, nagpalit na pala ako ng number.

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2008, 03:13:39 PM »
sama ako dyan. noong late 80s isa sa mga songs na kinapa ko yung "while angels march...". i was lucky enough to have worked with mr. louie ocampo 4 years ago and i wasnt aware na siya pala ang composer ng song na yun. goff informed me about this and i might ask louie kung meron siyang copy nung song. :-)

nice! bro, i think we'll have a better chance to meet them through you since you have touched base with louie ocampo. can you help out?  :-D

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2008, 05:36:18 AM »
I remember first hearing "While Angels.." sometime in the mid to late 80s and was instantly floored by the song and the way it was engineered:  Primera klase!  That was around the time I was transitioning to NY for an overseas posting.  Asked around the well-known record outlets in the Big Apple (J&R, Tower, etc.) about this song and the people there just gave me this "aling planeta ka ba galing" look.  It was only when I returned to Manila in the mid-90s when i found out that Rock Project was a local creation.  Boy did I look stupid, yet proud enough to know that it was as OPM as you could get.  Would love to give a listen to Street Legal from beginning to end just to hear more from the group - kahit na two decades late.

Offline jajacool22

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 02:16:43 PM »
Actually, hindi ko kilala tong banda na to pero nung pinarinig mo sa akin yung mga song nila, di ako makapaniwala na Pinoy band sila. Mala Firehouse ang dating, galing ng boses at instrumentation. Thanks Karl, muntik ko na mamiss yung isa sa mga magagaling na OPM bands. Rock Project ibig sabihin ng RP, right?
japhethgomez@yahoo.com / jajacool.multiply.com

Offline Bel Sayson

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2008, 05:21:20 PM »
Oh man, RP. What can I say? Memories... :wink:

I've been wanting to do a true blue new wave/local night at 6Underground with some of the original 80's bands but couldn't start it as the few I know of have other priorities na (new band, business, family, etc). I hope this would materialize tho.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 09:23:54 PM »
Oh man, RP. What can I say? Memories... :wink:

I've been wanting to do a true blue new wave/local night at 6Underground with some of the original 80's bands but couldn't start it as the few I know of have other priorities na (new band, business, family, etc). I hope this would materialize tho.

I hope you can push with this project!

Yes Jaja it's Rock Project!

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »
yup! i hope this would push through!

itchybrain

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »

RP... yeah. I remember the music back in day. Early NU. Yep! Thanks, Chito_eoi for the  link! :-D

RP sounds good with P.O.T.  :-P

Offline jojojo

• Netizen Level
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 09:05:52 PM »
Wow! Bob Aves pala had an album before with the band RP. I never asked my aunt  about this. A month ago my aunt (Grace Nono's mom) stayed with us for a week. She told me he's a very good jazz guitarist. I never had a chance to see or talk with Bob Aves. Guess, I should try to visit Ate Grace. hehe. Guys do know any site where I can download or play their album?
Tetragrammaton (YWH)