hulika

Poll

guitar only or guitar with other instruments?

guitar only
0 (0%)
guitar, bass and ukelele
0 (0%)
guitar, bass and drums
0 (0%)
guitar, bass, piano and drums
0 (0%)
guitar and all the instruments you can learn
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: mastering guitar only or guitar with other instruments  (Read 1475 times)

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
mastering guitar only or guitar with other instruments
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:35:20 AM »
Which is more ideal? Concentrating on guitar only? or learning other instruments too, while learning guitar? which works best on your guitar journey?

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: mastering guitar only or guitar with other instruments
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 03:02:03 PM »
Learning to play other instruments' parts/lines on the guitar. Doing so, IMO, will widen your vocabulary and improve your technique at the same time. Learning to play 2 instruments at the same time is not possible for all and might hinder proper guitar techniques. Just my $0.02 of course and YMMV. Good luck! :)

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 04:06:00 PM »
concentrate on one. then if you get bored, try to learn something else.
if you have the time, master them all.

just don't forget to have fun.

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 10:04:14 PM »
Reason why I limit it to only guitars and a little bass..... hindi na nga matapos tapos ang GAS sa gitara, dadagdagan ko pa.  :lol:

Seriously, I wish I knew how to play more instruments. Drums has been my frustration for the longest time now.  :-(

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 10:18:19 PM »
Learning an  instrument is like loving your girlfriend. You can't focus on your girlfriend if you flirt with other girls around you.

But yeah, YMMV.

:-D
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 11:34:45 PM »
I tried learning most instruments, bata pa kasi ako nagstart sa guitar so di man virtuoso, i'd say kumportable na ako sa skill ko to learn other instrument. Sa drums, decent naman ako, sa keyboards, yan ang struggle ko ngayon. Pero ayun inaral ko lang sila lahat for the sake na kaya ko lahat, pero bumabalik parin at bumabalik sa guitar.

So depende sa kung anong skill level gusto mo maachieve.
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 07:56:30 AM »
pra sken best way to para ma wala ang bad habits sa playing. learn or focus sa iba. then back to basic para ma wala ang bad habit.
nawala saken yung bigla nalang mag o auto pilot mode pag nag pa praktis. nag ka ron din ako ng mas ma ayos na melody and pattern after learning the basics of piano.

Offline mds09

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 03:23:00 PM »
It's not bad to learn other instruments, as long as you have a main one siguro.. for other instruments, cgro the basics is enough, unless karirin mo, then you have to decide which one is your main instrument. I know the basics of bass and drums, pero pag complicated na, di ko na kaya. Masaya nako sa basics nila hehe..

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »
Learn other instruments at just the right level so you can make your own backing tracks lol

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 04:48:14 PM »
Thank you for all the replies, so by summarizing your advices It is a general opinion to have the guitar as your main weapon, and have side instruments as a hobby.

So in this world today its better to know other stuffs? Instead of focusing on just one?