hulika

Author Topic: Adding a DC 9V jack input to the Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Adding a DC 9V jack input to the Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face
« on: March 30, 2006, 05:00:08 PM »
guys, has anyone tried this as well? i understand that there's an issue with the PNP Ge transistors that are being used for both amplifier stages, plus the fact that the circuitry is positively grounded. i tried to connect the inputs to a BOSS PSA-230 adaptor with the polarity reversed and somehow, it worked. but i don't know if it's ok to do this on a long-term basis. insights, anyone? thanks! :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 02:31:43 AM »
there's an adaptor that connects your power supply to the battery clip.  this is primarily for vintage pedals without the power input jack

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 04:55:38 AM »
kapag bumili ka ng 1spot may kasama ng ganun eheheh

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 10:16:50 AM »
it might be a good idea for it to have its own power supply, unless naka PNP trannies din yung iba mong pedals. i'm not sure why, though. maybe i should read up some more on this one.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 12:55:10 PM »
hmmm yeah.. ang dami kong problem dito sa Fuzz Face na to hehe. first nga yung power source nya, then i included it to loop A of my loop switcher kasi gusto kong isang apak lang, naka-activate lahat ng pedals within that loop. pag sa dulo pala sya ng chain loop, magkakaroon ng impedance mismatch because it favors a high input impedance pedal/buffer to connect to from its output. i think common-emitter (with voltage feedback from Q2's emitter to Q1's base) yung second stage amplifier kaya kelangan ng high input impedance sa sunod na pedal.  pag naka-on yung Fuzz Face (and loop A) then pag inactivate ko yung loop B kasabay ng loop A (effect nung is, loop A -> loop B) bigla na lang lalakas yung volume.. kahit tuner na lang ang nilagay ko sa loop B! what i did was i added another pedal after the Fuzz Face before routing it back to the Return for loop B. aba biglang tumino! true bypass nga pala yung loop switcher ko by the way.

tanong ko lang sana is what other buffering alternatives could i use to correct this impedance mismatching problem? ayoko na kasi sana maglagay ng pedal after the Fuzz Face e, TS-808 -> Fuzz Face lang kasi talaga yung laman ng loop na yun. thanks! :)

hayyy ganda kasi ng tone ng TS-808 + Fuzz Face eh.. hassle!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 01:03:21 PM »
you can put a unity gain in front of the fuzz face. it should be small so di kakain ng space yan
Surf's Up!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 02:43:08 PM »
do you know where i could get a ready-made one? or do you have schematic diagrams of it? thanks :)

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 03:17:06 PM »
Not sure where you can get a ready made one. PM ej_basses, he can make you one.
Surf's Up!