hulika

Author Topic: Microsoft Surface  (Read 4087 times)

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
Microsoft Surface
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »
Parang ito na yata ang tablet na hinihintay ko (specifically the Pro version). I've put off buying an iPad or any tablet for that matter because medyo limited ang magagawa mo. What I really need is an x86 PC in tablet form. Enter Surface Pro. Basically anything that will run on a Windows 8 PC will run on the Surface Pro. Down side lang is the pricing. The Pro version will be priced in the range of Ultrabooks so mga 40K to 50K siguro. The non-pro version (which is ARM-based) will be priced probably in the range of the current iPads.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/default.aspx

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Microsoft Surface
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »
in my line of work I think I will to get the Surface RT (the non-pro ARM version) since our company will eventually shift to the Windows 8 Pro for our office PC's.. the RT will be released next month ata and it is indeed within the price range of the competing iPad.

yung Surface Pro naman will be released mid january next year.
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 06:31:16 PM »
Ya January pa nga daw. I just hope it'll be in the low 40Ks. Core i5 eh. Mga i5 na Ultrabooks ngayon nasa ganung price range. Kaso baka dahil in tablet form they'll put a premium on the form factor.

Here's the keynote:

Bear with the speakers, they're not as good as Jobs in presenting. Just focus on the tablet features. :-D

If your office PCs will shift to Win8, parang you'll be at an advantage ata kung Pro kukunin mo. Yung software kasi sa non-pro will not work on x86 and vice versa. Plus if you get the ARM tablet you'll have to buy apps pa (kinda like Apple's app store) via Microsoft Metro. At least with Pro, you'll have software interoperability with your office laptops and desktops. And baka yung mga software companies daw will introduce software bundles. Parang one-time payment pero it's licensed to be used on multiple devices (desktop, laptop, and Surface Pro).

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:07:54 PM »
Ya January pa nga daw. I just hope it'll be in the low 40Ks. Core i5 eh. Mga i5 na Ultrabooks ngayon nasa ganung price range. Kaso baka dahil in tablet form they'll put a premium on the form factor.

Here's the keynote:

Bear with the speakers, they're not as good as Jobs in presenting. Just focus on the tablet features. :-D

If your office PCs will shift to Win8, parang you'll be at an advantage ata kung Pro kukunin mo. Yung software kasi sa non-pro will not work on x86 and vice versa. Plus if you get the ARM tablet you'll have to buy apps pa (kinda like Apple's app store) via Microsoft Metro. At least with Pro, you'll have software interoperability with your office laptops and desktops. And baka yung mga software companies daw will introduce software bundles. Parang one-time payment pero it's licensed to be used on multiple devices (desktop, laptop, and Surface Pro).

Yep ganun na nga.. Pero kaya RT ang kukunin ko kasi kailangan ko yun sa work ko, application designer ako for mobile devices so obvioulsy I need the mobile version of the windows 8 which is nasa Surface RT, unlike kung bibili ako ng PRO di naman full OS ang ginagawa ko eh full OS ang iiinstall dun.. Hintayin ko nalang yung office namin na issue-han ako ng Surface Pro as on-shore device kesa sa laptop hehehe..

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »

Hintayin ko nalang yung office namin na issue-han ako ng Surface Pro as on-shore device kesa sa laptop hehehe..

Ah oo nga good idea yan hehe. I hope MS gets this tablet right. Benta ko na laptop ko if the pro gets good reviews.

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 11:13:02 PM »
Ah oo nga good idea yan hehe. I hope MS gets this tablet right. Benta ko na laptop ko if the pro gets good reviews.

me too! matagal ko na pinangarap yung windows-based tablet na pwede ko iinstall yung full softwares na para din sa desktop.. angdami ko kasing files sa USB Flashdrive and SD Cards eh sa iPad image file lang ang pwede mabasa tapos gagamit ka pa ng 3rd party hardware para mabasa yung SD Card (iPad Camera Connection Kit) unlike sa Surface Pro salpak mo sa USB parang desktop drag and drop na heheh..

tapos gusto ko talaga yung Adobe Photoshop na FULL VERSION na magagamit ko on the go.. and the MS Surface Pro will be able to give that service to me..

Lets hope talaga na sana ok sya..  :-D

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 07:35:23 PM »
Here's a basic comparison of the iPad and the Surface (I think he's using a Pro here, may desktop sya e. I think the RT is all Metro UI, no desktop.):

Offline Dre™

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »
Guys watch this
feature=related

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 10:55:03 PM »
ang hassle dito walang simcard slot or 4g or 3g man lang, sana mag labas sila ng new models soon with sim card slots para di na gumamit ng 3rd party USB modem sobrang interesado rin ako dito kailangan ko rin sa trabaho

Offline dark_sphynx

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »
Been waiting for this!!!

Offline inot1105

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »
This is my next gadget prospect... a good versatile, bang-for-the-buck Windows 8 tablet/transformer pc or watchucallit... i think will be the next generation of portable computing.
I would be upgrading to this as one of my choices...
followed by the HP Envy X2 or the Sony Vaio Duo 11 Hybrid... We'll see.

BR & God bless
1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »
Abangan natin guys sa Oct yung RT. :-D

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic