hulika

Author Topic: The 42 best overdrive, distortion, and fuzz pedals of all time! :D  (Read 6335 times)

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The 42 best overdrive, distortion, and fuzz pedals of all time! :D
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 09:05:27 PM »
Compared to the other pedals in the mix? Probably there just because they're easily mod-able.
That list isn't really about sound. It's more about popularity - the mainstream type. That is why it's not surprising to see very few boutique class pedals in the list. That is why not having at least a few models from the best-selling brand of them all would be unthinkable.

I stopped being a fan of these sort of Top X lists long ago because there are always people who think they can come up with a better one, then the next guy will trash that one, and then... on and on... With that said, it's actually much easier to have a consensus on popularity than on tone.

Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 12:04:22 AM »
Just read it again... This is funny:

27 Boss Dyna Drive

"This pedal is as much about dynamics as it is drive –helping a moderately crunchy amp tone become highly responsive to your picking attack."

FAMOUS USERS: None that we know of… yet

Why the heck is this here then???  :lol:

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
What you own, owns you.

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »
Luto yan, in my opinion. Not even a single Lovepedal, Landgraff, etc. It's good that our community can now more or less see through the crappola of rigged lists made by those "experts." As far as Guitar Central is concerned, the Kalikot Audio Grit is #1 (based on the OD shootout held recently)!

+1 I should've taken the KA Grit when someone offered it to me.

That list isn't really about sound. It's more about popularity - the mainstream type. That is why it's not surprising to see very few boutique class pedals in the list. That is why not having at least a few models from the best-selling brand of them all would be unthinkable.

I stopped being a fan of these sort of Top X lists long ago because there are always people who think they can come up with a better one, then the next guy will trash that one, and then... on and on... With that said, it's actually much easier to have a consensus on popularity than on tone.

I guess since they have "most of the things" there already, they don't really search for better things. But for us here who aren't so lucky, we really take time to make sure that we're getting something worthwhile because there is a cost in money and time when we invest into trying out new things.

Offline stoopidrice

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 03:33:57 PM »
I was kind of hoping to see a DOD preamp 250 or an MXR Distortion plus haha sayang wala. But I guess it's true, most of us did start out with Boss pedals hahah I started out with an MT-2 haha. Went back and tried out my DS-1 today and I remembered how much I loved the sound of it before I got all picky with my pedals haha. Cheers to Boss! And thanks for sharing this haha.

Offline miqmiq21

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 03:44:02 PM »
salamat po sa info link!

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 07:23:28 PM »
What's boss doing there? Period.

amen  :-D

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 11:29:40 PM »
It's a form of blog infomercial done by a team of writers.

GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
Luto yan, in my opinion. Not even a single Lovepedal, Landgraff, etc. It's good that our community can now more or less see through the crappola of rigged lists made by those "experts." As far as Guitar Central is concerned, the Kalikot Audio Grit is #1 (based on the OD shootout held recently)!

its surprising not to have an eternity and landgraff..thse should be there with ts...

+1 sa grit!

Offline jamesplaysguitar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »
seems like a marketing strategy and a popularity contest rather than defining the best overdrive/distortions in the world.

Like most ones said. Yep dami talaga kulang.

San kaya ginawa survey nito? sa Africa? LOL   :lol:
References:Monsceb,mondemonle,jgaluno,omegared15,r_chino18,bhaahchico,drew asuncion,obetski,ger02,balakubak,pitongjerome,riccaliolio,kurtcobainer,benjiemusic,dreadhead,bananagrahamskyflakes,lespaul888,redjaztin,tsunamic,caraboyman,Shkc,Vanhatred and more

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »
seems like a marketing strategy and a popularity contest rather than defining the best overdrive/distortions in the world.

Like most ones said. Yep dami talaga kulang.

San kaya ginawa survey nito? sa Africa? LOL   :lol:

baka sa gitar center :lol: :lol: tas naglagay ng iilang pedals na hindi mass produced para di halata.

Offline blindman

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2011, 12:41:57 PM »
bat walang OD-3? hehe! :-o
........the reason i live is to worship You!........

Offline jeffyonzon_025

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
SHREDHEAD must be there!  :evil:
Array

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2017, 05:47:42 PM »
An article from musicradar.com :-D

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-42-best-overdrive-distortion-and-fuzz-pedals-of-all-time-398998/16#content

ORAS NA PARA MAG-GAS! :evil:

hehe :mrgreen:

Just curious if these pedals are still the top 42 today   :?
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Rayel.Baruela

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 02:28:45 PM »
sa 42 na yan,

walang MAXON OD808?? OMG!
Karma is a Bitch!...Right???