hulika

Author Topic: Vox AC30 reissue or Vox AC30CC2X Custom Classic?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Vox AC30 reissue or Vox AC30CC2X Custom Classic?
« on: December 08, 2006, 11:45:25 PM »
What should I buy?  This:

or this:

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Vox AC30 reissue or Vox AC30CC2X Custom Classic?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 04:49:11 AM »
skunky,

Huwag mo na tanungin sa mga tao dito iyan.  Kami lang ni steve together ang makakasagot niyan dahil pwede namin i-side by side.  Sasabihin lang nagyayabang ka... After all, sa hand raw lang lahat, paano nila ma-evaluate iyan kung hands ang ginagamit imbes na tengga? 

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:31:42 AM »
get the RI. although the price of the ac30cc2x is almost half of a RI. all up to how much you want to spend.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »
Anong pinagkaiba nila? Complete noob here when it comes to Vox amps.

alex: Sasama mo ba yung AC30 mo sa tone party na pinaplano mo? Gusto ko sana makarinig, although modded na sha diba?
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 10:28:26 AM »
skunky,

Huwag mo na tanungin sa mga tao dito iyan.  Kami lang ni steve together ang makakasagot niyan dahil pwede namin i-side by side.  Sasabihin lang nagyayabang ka... After all, sa hand raw lang lahat, paano nila ma-evaluate iyan kung hands ang ginagamit imbes na tengga? 

If there is a trademark oasgomez response, this would certainly qualify.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 02:59:35 PM »
I think oasgomez is just trying to steer me into trying both amps rather than ask people here who are obviously biased against him.  So whether it is his fault or not that the folks here are so anal about him is out of the question.  Does Exile have a Custom Classic AC30CC2X? 

Titser_Marco, the AC30 is very different from the AC30CC2X. Granting you check both blue bulldog versions, the AC30CC2X has Reverb, a blend option (to engage both topboost and normal channels), a Master Volume, and can have more preamp distortion (if I am not mistaken.)  But some owners of both claim that the AC30CC2X can mimic the originals, but I do have to see for myself when oas brings his AC30 RI. 

Oasgomez, since you ordered a special output transformer for your Vox, I think that would derail the A/B test as I have to get another $300+ output transformer as you did.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »
at the right price, i'd get a ac30cc (non bulldog) they are great amps on their own.

i have the ac30tbx (blues) and a ac15cc (wharfdale). i use the -15 more than the -30. not just because it sounds great, but i am less worried that it will break down :P

besides this is the 21st century, those wharfdale equipped voxes are engineered to mimic or emulate the originals. like i've said before, imho the custom classic can stand its ground against the uk made voxes.

ymmv. as usual, trust your ears. :wink:

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 05:24:49 PM »
skunky,

Hand Wired kay Steve, may reverb rin yata at master volume.  Vox speakers.  I am not sure if they are blues.

Tama si Jack in a Vox, go for RI.  For my personal reason that it is easier to mod later on.  You can add Celestion blues later on and the OT etc.