hulika

Author Topic: YOUR TAKE ON "VELCRO-ING" PEDALS  (Read 7143 times)

Offline ayemjaboenyu

• Netizen Level
YOUR TAKE ON "VELCRO-ING" PEDALS
« on: March 10, 2011, 08:30:37 PM »
Do you like it or not?

Is it necessary?

Does it make the pedals hideous?

Do you have an alternative to velcros?

Thanks.. God bless philmusic!

Offline omarrodriguezvic

• Veteran Member
Re: YOUR TAKE ON "VELCRO-ING" PEDALS
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »
bicycle chain ata pwede, dunno how to do it though.

Offline dextoi

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »
Do you like it or not?

i like it kapag contented na ako sa setup ko ng mga pedals (which rarely happens)

Is it necessary?

necessary if gagamitin ko yung DIY pedal board ko

Depende sa pagka-attach. I used the screws to attach the velcros para pwede ko alisin, if gusto ko...

PEDAL BOOTS... naghahanap pa ako kung meron available sa pinas...
http://www.pedalboots.com/Pages/products.html

looking for Line6 M5... thanks...

http://cedlibnews.blogspot.com

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 09:07:13 PM »
Do you like it or not?

Is it necessary?

Thanks.. God bless philmusic!

i like velcro.  i use it to secure my pedals to my board.  but i don't like glueing the velcro to the underside of the pedal.  what i do is i use a knife to make a hole in the velcro and insert the screw of the pedal to that hole.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline tianx

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »
I like it.

Yes, it is necessary.

No, it doesn't make a pedal hideous- the velcro is hidden from sight. The velcro does not affect a pedal's tone and/or performance.

Bicycle chain links, rubber material (like the kind used in flip-flop soles) fitted between pedals- lots of work, attach a pedal direct to the board using rubber cement or some other adhesive.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:56:51 PM by tianx »

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 09:18:20 PM »
Velcros +1. Clean and fast. I dont think there is another way better than this method. Unless you own a rack/trolley system or a tech
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 09:55:11 PM »
Yes, definitely. I buy pedals so that I can use them, not display or collect them. I wasn't afraid to apply velcro to a custom finish Skreddy :lol: a lot of Skreddy collectors would resent that.

Nothing's "necessary" when it comes to pedals. It depends on your preferences. That said, I don't want my pedals to freely move around inside my case when I'm traveling. I think mas madadamage pa yung finish ng pedals that way (compared to using velcro).

Hideous. Hmm. Depende sayo. I know some people insist on paying much less for a pedal that has been "velcroed".

Alternatives. Yes! But kadalasan hassle sila. Bike chains etc.

If you want to use velcro without sticking it on your pedal's finish, you can also just cut out a strip that's slightly wider than your bottom plate. And then pwede mong ipitin yung excess na velcro sa sides between the bottom plate & the pedal itself when you screw the bottom plate back on.  +1 din sa screw method - that would be even more secure.

May finishes na oks with velcro but sometimes may finishes na talagang parang mastristrip na kapag tinanggalan mo ng velcro.

If you rearrange your pedals a lot, baka hassle din ang velcro for you.

Kung ayaw mo talaga sa velcro, try this :lol:

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:13:57 PM »
i have a friend who did something similar to the pedal boot thing, minus the boot. he decided to find screws for his pedals which were longer than the stock length and literally screwed down the pedals onto his board.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:49:28 PM »

OT - curious looking pedal on the right!  hauntingmids.com?  :lol:
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 11:37:30 PM »
If you're planning to use velcro, I recommend the adhesive - 3M molding tape. It's pricey but it won't mark your pedal and it holds really well as long as you follow the instructions.

At the moment, I'm using the bicycle links. They're like little 8's that you mount on the screws under your pedal and you mount it with your board with a separate screw in the other hole. Your board has to be wooden though.

I'm moving back to velcro since I'm going to be getting a pedal grill. It's lighter too.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 12:39:25 AM »
OT - curious looking pedal on the right!  hauntingmids.com?  :lol:

Di ko rin alam yung pedal :lol: OT din, may knob ba talaga sa baba yung M9? Or is it an Expression knob na mod?

Offline scHism

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 03:56:23 AM »
OT - about the haunting mids, I have read a couple of threads at talkbass discussing those pedals.  Apparently, those are custom, exclusive, member only pedals, you can only get one if you are a member of the forum http://www.hauntingmids.com/forum/, and you can only be a member if you are invited in by a member.  No body really can tell what are the details/spec of the pedals because they are very secretive about it.  
Illuminati of the pedal geek world.  :-D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:00:31 AM by scHism »
Looking for G&L Tribute, Fender Modern Player Jazz, B7K (Finland), 150-300W bass amp.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 09:09:40 AM »
OT - about the haunting mids, I have read a couple of threads at talkbass discussing those pedals.  Apparently, those are custom, exclusive, member only pedals, you can only get one if you are a member of the forum http://www.hauntingmids.com/forum/, and you can only be a member if you are invited in by a member.  No body really can tell what are the details/spec of the pedals because they are very secretive about it.   
Illuminati of the pedal geek world.  :-D

Aliw :lol: I'm guessing that it's some type of clean boost with a mid hump. Or maybe parang one knob na Para EQ siya for mids :lol:

Offline scHism

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 09:27:52 AM »
Actually, from what I have read, they name all their pedals "haunting mids," mapa-delay etc.  Iba-iba lang ang color.  All the pics I saw of their pedals have only one knob, but as rumors have it, push-pull daw yan.  Sa sobrang secretive nila, puro assumptions lang talaga sila on what the knobs do. 

Sorry sobra na OT. 
Looking for G&L Tribute, Fender Modern Player Jazz, B7K (Finland), 150-300W bass amp.

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 09:56:39 AM »
I find velcro totally necessary

I put the velcro on the screws of my pedals. Take out the screws, place velcro, punch holes in velcro, place screws back in. The velcro does eventually rip, but at least walang adhesive sa pedals.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 10:24:16 AM »
Kung ayaw mo talaga sa velcro, try this :lol:

Looks like something a cat would sleep in. LOL!
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 10:25:57 AM »
i think it's sexy

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 10:28:51 AM »
i think it's sexy

If it was a different color, sure. That shade of green just looks funky :-P
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 10:36:15 AM »
diskarte ko, pina-plastic cover ko muna yung ilalim, then doon ko ididikit ang velcro.
para malinis ulit pag tatanggalin :)

Offline jmreyes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 11:56:15 AM »
Do you like it or not?
I like it.

Is it necessary?
If you plan to add the pedal to a pedalboard, yes.

No. Rubber cement + velcro and call it a day.

There are. But velcros are the most convenient, IMO.
LF: Mojo

Offline batangnon

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
i like velcro.  i use it to secure my pedals to my board.  but i don't like glueing the velcro to the underside of the pedal.  what i do is i use a knife to make a hole in the velcro and insert the screw of the pedal to that hole.

nice suggestion! i will do this :wink:
God has given us the reason to live <br /><br />Let us follow him

Offline PLESIM

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 12:26:47 PM »
I go for velcro-ing the pedals :)

Offline ayemjaboenyu

• Netizen Level
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »
diskarte ko, pina-plastic cover ko muna yung ilalim, then doon ko ididikit ang velcro.
para malinis ulit pag tatanggalin :)

good idea ! =D

Offline deathbyexposure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »
On my last pedal board, I used bike links to secure them. I was a bit OC then as to it will depreciate it's reselling value that's why I used the bike links. Now, I'm happy using velcros because it's a lot easier to change my pedal's routing. As long as the pedals serves its purpose to me, it's all good. :)
How can you tell a person whether the band he or she listens to is RIGHT or WRONG?

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
I use cable ties to hold my boss pedals on the board and velcro for the botique stuff since wala naman rubber feet yung botique type pedals like the timmy and the SH