hulika

Author Topic: PhilMusic Mac Users  (Read 28085 times)

Offline juzaen

• Forum Fanatic
Re: PhilMusic Mac Users
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2009, 08:27:29 PM »
MBP 15.4"  2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB  :-D
MY TOYS: 2001 Gibson 1958 Reissue, MesaBoogie subway blues, Springfield armory XDM 40sw, CZ SP01 shadow and MY GLOCK 23 40sw

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 12:17:35 PM »
meron pala nito. hinahanap ko eh.  8-)
konti lang ata naka-Mac.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline juzaen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 06:33:54 PM »
MBP 13" i7 8G ram
MY TOYS: 2001 Gibson 1958 Reissue, MesaBoogie subway blues, Springfield armory XDM 40sw, CZ SP01 shadow and MY GLOCK 23 40sw

Offline marlo_haboc

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »
with due respect to mac, the price don't satisfy the performances that you can do with it, unang impression ko sa mac akala ko di nagkacrash, i was disappointed, we are using iMac and propresenter ang ganda sana kaso after few minutes of use nung nag ppresent na kami nang video bigla nalang nagcrash... kumpara mo price nya if you buy an intel desktop pc dalawang unit ng intel desktop ang mabibili mo with much higher performance than the iMac at you can upgrade it on minimal price compare with mac, video card lang nya nasa 15k na ang baba pa ng specs nya... maganda ang mac pang porma pero sa performance talo pa rin sya ng windows desktop unless you buy the high-end nila na desktop, 100k plus ang price ng isang unit....

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 10:15:36 PM »
with due respect to mac, the price don't satisfy the performances that you can do with it, unang impression ko sa mac akala ko di nagkacrash, i was disappointed, we are using iMac and propresenter ang ganda sana kaso after few minutes of use nung nag ppresent na kami nang video bigla nalang nagcrash... kumpara mo price nya if you buy an intel desktop pc dalawang unit ng intel desktop ang mabibili mo with much higher performance than the iMac at you can upgrade it on minimal price compare with mac, video card lang nya nasa 15k na ang baba pa ng specs nya... maganda ang mac pang porma pero sa performance talo pa rin sya ng windows desktop unless you buy the high-end nila na desktop, 100k plus ang price ng isang unit....

with all due respect to you too this thread is for mac users of philmusic who wants to share their nice experiences using a mac in both music and work.. and I believe it is not really cool to rant about how sucked it is for others..

as we are windows users too.. I use both windows and mac at the same time.. and both of these machines makes my work, business, hobbies and activities easier and fun, walang PC or Mac ang hindi nag-crash or nag hang walang perpektong computer.. it depends on the situation and setup, since a Mac is still a machine it is prone to crashes, errors and eventually will malfunction.. just also like a PC..

Macs are indeed expensive.. but nobody is forcing anybody to buy it anyways.. so everybody will buy a PC.. so its also a good competition for the PC as they will get most of the markets than the Mac.. it should be aint that big of a deal for PC users..

anyways I own a AMD-X2 3.0GHZ PC which I use for most of my work.. and when I need to work on the road I use my trusty 15" 2.66GHZ MBP Unibody.. and my iPad for project presentations.. all of these 3 machines makes my professional life easier and fun..

8-) 8-)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:49:48 PM by rockophoria »
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »
Contemplating on purchasing QuickOffice for iPad from the App Store but it costs around $20. Is it worth the investment in terms of effectiveness and user interface?
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline marlo_haboc

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2011, 03:33:20 AM »
with all due respect to you too this thread is for mac users of philmusic who wants to share their nice experiences using a mac in both music and work.. and I believe it is not really cool to rant about how sucked it is for others..

as we are windows users too.. I use both windows and mac at the same time.. and both of these machines makes my work, business, hobbies and activities easier and fun, walang PC or Mac ang hindi nag-crash or nag hang walang perpektong computer.. it depends on the situation and setup, since a Mac is still a machine it is prone to crashes, errors and eventually will malfunction.. just also like a PC..

Macs are indeed expensive.. but nobody is forcing anybody to buy it anyways.. so everybody will buy a PC.. so its also a good competition for the PC as they will get most of the markets than the Mac.. it should be aint that big of a deal for PC users..

anyways I own a AMD-X2 3.0GHZ PC which I use for most of my work.. and when I need to work on the road I use my trusty 15" 2.66GHZ MBP Unibody.. and my iPad for project presentations.. all of these 3 machines makes my professional life easier and fun..

8-) 8-)

sorry i didn't intend to offend you, i just show that even mac has its own negative side... actually i admire the interface of apple products as they support each one, like you can remotely control your iMac by your ipad2, they have a lot of third party applications that are great...and i think that the readers of this tread needs to know both sides...

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2011, 04:05:00 AM »
A Mac is a PC :) Or to be pedantic, Apple-designed PCs powered by Mac OS X. And yes, I still love the powerpc laptops that we have. I'll get a mac netbook (I still consider the 11.6" MBA as a netbook) for my wife to streamline our computing needs.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
sorry i didn't intend to offend you, i just show that even mac has its own negative side... actually i admire the interface of apple products as they support each one, like you can remotely control your iMac by your ipad2, they have a lot of third party applications that are great...and i think that the readers of this tread needs to know both sides...

no problem man, you just seemed sound irked to the mac on your previous reply.. anyways I love both the PC and the Mac..

but for me as a designer what makes the Mac different from the PC is "seamless integration of hardware and software" just like what I said in the iPad/Tablet thread, Apple creates and designs their own "hardware" specs.. specifically to seamlessly run their software "accordingly" thats why macs are smooth.. unless you do modifications with it..

like the first iPad.. 1GHZ lang yun.. atom processor and shared with system memory.. pero there are lots of netbooks and other tablets out there with higher specs.. but benchmarked by top PC reviewers the iPad still competes heavily with them.. to think na dapat mas mabilis pa yung mga netbooks with 2GHZ atom processor and dedicated 1GB RAM..

just like what a writer in gizmodo says.. kahit na gaano pa kalakas yung hardware na ginawa ng lets say.. motorola or sony or acer.. kung hindi naman sya seamlessly integrated sa OS eh hindi rin mamamaximize yung capability nung hardware.. unlike when the software is coded specifically to a certain spec of hardware.. and the hardware designed to run a specific and dedicated OS magiging "seamless" sila.. parang complete band with orchestra.. maganda ang sound!  :-D

kaya nga I am very disappointed when Nokia did not choose Google Android as their mobile OS.. ito namang Android din eh nag-cater sa ibat ibang hardwares.. wish ko talaga maging "integrated" and Nokia at Google.. matatalo nila for sure ang iPhone pag nagsama sila.. as in i-carry lang ng Nokia officially ang Google Android OS.. tapos isang specific line of handset lang.. imagine yung Nokia N8 eh naka Android? astig sana!  :lol:

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »
MBP user here !!

wala pa naman akong experience with crashing sa mac. when using Ai, PS, FCP
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2011, 10:36:51 AM »
Contemplating on purchasing QuickOffice for iPad from the App Store but it costs around $20. Is it worth the investment in terms of effectiveness and user interface?

may open office ba sa iPad ?

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »
may open office ba sa iPad ?

yep meron dude.. I have one installed, altho di ko gaano nagagamit kasi im more into design, I use mostly Autodesk Sketchbook Pro..

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »
ayun naman pala maxi, mag open office ka nalang.

nice rockophoria !

OT: do you use tablets ? (intuous 4) im planning to buy one. but im a Ai user rather than Ps. just want your insight on using it kung naka gamit kana.

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »
ayun naman pala maxi, mag open office ka nalang.

nice rockophoria !

OT: do you use tablets ? (intuous 4) im planning to buy one. but im a Ai user rather than Ps. just want your insight on using it kung naka gamit kana.

before I use to own a tablet (wacom tabletopia) way back im still using adobe flash when drawing vectors.. pero when I started to concentrate more on user interface design eh nawala na yung use ng tablet ko so I sold it, right now its either a mouse or the trackpad ang ginagamit ko when I need to draw something.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2011, 11:29:22 PM »
If only there were a computer that has the power and customization options of a PC, with the stability of a Mac.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2011, 11:51:45 PM »
yep meron dude.. I have one installed, altho di ko gaano nagagamit kasi im more into design, I use mostly Autodesk Sketchbook Pro..

can't find open office in the app store.  baka inalis na nila?  :-(

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2011, 01:36:09 AM »
can't find open office in the app store.  baka inalis na nila?  :-(

hmm oo nga.. tiningnan ko wala na nga sa iPad.. pero meron pa pang iPhone which is around 9 dollars.. bakit kaya

Offline electronictokwa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2011, 05:45:14 AM »
If only there were a computer that has the power and customization options of a PC, with the stability of a Mac.

Try doing hackintosh sir  :-D

Tagal ko na gusto makabili ng Mac system eh naka hackintosh lang ako ngaun. Gusto ko ma experience yung authentic mac system. Pag nakaipon spot agad ako hehe sabay tambay dito for tips  :-)

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »
we are using iMac and propresenter ang ganda sana kaso after few minutes of use nung nag ppresent na kami nang video bigla nalang nagcrash...
so isang beses lang nangyari ito? what other processes were running on the background when this happened?
ako, simula ms-dos na 80x86 hanggang 3.1 hanggang win95/98 hanggang XP hanggang linux hanggang sun sparc stations eh na-experience ko nang mag FAIL-moments. sa Mac rin may mga giltches na parang nagka-crash. minsan kaya nagka-crash ang isang machine eh dahil rin sa gumagamit, hindi sa hindi kayang i-utilize ng computer ang pag-manage ng mga processes; kundi fino-force ng user na patakbuhin ng sabay-sabay ang mga processes para mag-create ng conflict tapos deadlock or loop ang kahihinatnan. wala dapat problema ang idea ng "multitasking" maliban nalang kung yun mismong mga "tasks" na pinapatakbo ng sabay ay nagko-conflict sa isa't-isa.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »
Try doing hackintosh sir  :-D

Tagal ko na gusto makabili ng Mac system eh naka hackintosh lang ako ngaun. Gusto ko ma experience yung authentic mac system. Pag nakaipon spot agad ako hehe sabay tambay dito for tips  :-)

just wondering tho.. ano lumalabas dun sa system profiler ng hackintosh dude? parang say pag AMD yung processor mo nadidisplay ba sya sa mac system prefences as "AMD"?

curious lang.. meron ka mga screenshots?

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »
@ maxi: Ayos sa akin yung iWork :-D use it all the time. I also have docstogo na premium pero mas gusto ko iwork (lalo na siguro pag lumabas na icloud). It's cool that they're universal, so nagagamit ko on both the ipad and iphone. Good for on the go talaga.

On topic - Heavy Apple user here. I just really like the interface and design. At home, there's the iMac, latest MBP 13", and a (sadly) dead 2010 Macbook (logic board failure!).

What happened to the Macbook definitely made me think about getting a laptop that isn't Apple. Pero in the end, I think I'll still go with Apple (but with Applecare this time). Eyeing the new MB Airs.

Also.. Has anyone upgraded to Lion yet?

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »
Also.. Has anyone upgraded to Lion yet?

Me. I am using a 2007 13" macbook. 1.87ghz 3 gig ram. Those 250+ features they are saying? I've only used 1. The new Mail. Everything else is useless. Unnecessary. Personal and professional. Pampaganda lang mga dudes. And worst of all, hindi na pwede ang PowerPC na applications like emulators which is a great deal for me. Microsoft office 2007 & below sakop din noon. Not worth the money. Not recommended.

After 1 week, I switched back to snow.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:51:21 PM by pao2pao16 »

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2011, 09:58:29 PM »
Thanks. On the fence pa ako. Still running Snow on all of them.  Mail does look interesting. Yung versions not so much kasi may time machine naman.

I do use some old apps. Baka kasama rin sila sa di na pwede. I'll check out the compatibility charts.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2011, 10:02:12 PM »
@ maxi: Ayos sa akin yung iWork :-D use it all the time. I also have docstogo na premium pero mas gusto ko iwork (lalo na siguro pag lumabas na icloud). It's cool that they're universal, so nagagamit ko on both the ipad and iphone. Good for on the go talaga.

Thanks! Yeah i'm considering iWork as well but costs $10 each compared to QuickOffice that costs $20 for the whole thing. Kung kukuha ako ng iWork baka Keynote lang.   :-)

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »
Me. I am using a 2007 13" macbook. 1.87ghz 3 gig ram. Those 250+ features they are saying? I've only used 1. The new Mail. Everything else is useless. Unnecessary. Personal and professional. Pampaganda lang mga dudes. And worst of all, hindi na pwede ang PowerPC na applications like emulators which is a great deal for me. Microsoft office 2007 & below sakop din noon. Not worth the money. Not recommended.

After 1 week, I switched back to snow.

Hassle. I was advised against getting a Lion right away and just wait for the 2nd patch at least. Did you right a complaint letter or something to Apple? As far as i know they take customer feedback very seriously.