hulika

Author Topic: Setting up your PC for Recording  (Read 296762 times)

Offline IamChainess

• Veteran Member
Re: Setting up your PC for Recording
« Reply #725 on: June 10, 2011, 08:04:16 AM »
Magkano budget mo?

8-10k sana sir. wala pa din kasi ako masyadong idea sa pagpili sa mga audio interface.

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #726 on: June 10, 2011, 08:55:35 AM »
8-10k sana sir. wala pa din kasi ako masyadong idea sa pagpili sa mga audio interface.

Pasok na yan sa M-Audio Fast Track.  Meron sa JB Music.

Offline IamChainess

• Veteran Member
« Reply #727 on: June 10, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »
Pasok na yan sa M-Audio Fast Track.  Meron sa JB Music.

salamat sir =D

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #728 on: June 12, 2011, 12:59:59 AM »
@kitc and skin

thanks for the info,

I'll put your opinions to mind...

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #729 on: June 13, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »
Sir Kit ano pang ibang disadvantage ng Win7 32bit maliban sa 2.75gb lang ang kaya nitong basahing ram? Kailangan ba talaga 64bit iinstall kong os?

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #730 on: June 13, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »
Yun lang talaga difference.  Handling ng memory.

If you're going to use a software that's designed for 64 bit, you need an OS that is 64 bit.  Most 32 bit software would run on 64 bit OS.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #731 on: June 13, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »
Sir Kit ano pang ibang disadvantage ng Win7 32bit maliban sa 2.75gb lang ang kaya nitong basahing ram? Kailangan ba talaga 64bit iinstall kong os?

Unless you need access to greater than 4 gigs of ram, there isn't much benefit for most users. Video processing, however, is an exception.

Most 32 bit software would run on 64 bit OS.

There are cases where some software will NOT run in 64-bit OS, even when XP compatibility mode is on, although I have yet to use XP virtual machine on my system. Note that not all cpus support XP virtual machine. Some software will install but fail to run, while others won't install at all. Rule of thumb is that software that are 3 or more years old will not run in a 64-bit OS, unless they have a specific 64-bit version.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #732 on: June 14, 2011, 03:16:34 PM »
Unless you need access to greater than 4 gigs of ram, there isn't much benefit for most users. Video processing, however, is an exception.

Sir Kit ang nababasa lang na ram ng 64-bit na Win7 OS is 3.75gb tama ba? Paano yung mga PC na may 8gb ram?

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #733 on: June 14, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »
^You mean 32 bit.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #734 on: June 14, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »
Sir Kit ang nababasa lang na ram ng 64-bit na Win7 OS is 3.75gb tama ba? Paano yung mga PC na may 8gb ram?

64-bit OS can read up to 128 Gb of ram so 8 gigs is a piece of cake. Gerard's PC, for ex., has 12 gigs of ram which we plan to bump up to 24 gigs, which is the mobo limitation, btw, and not due to the OS.

32-bit OS can read up 3 gigs in a 4Gb setup, but usually defaults to 2 gigs in XP, unless you invoke the /3Gb switch. In this case, you install 4 gigs but the computer will only 'see' 3.2 gigs with the rest being reserved by the system. This IS an OS limitation in this case. Not sure how 32-bit Win7 behaves but I like to think that there's no need for the /3Gb switch.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #735 on: June 14, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »
^You mean 32 bit.
64-bit sir. Yung nag-install ako ng 32-bit sa ang nakalagay sa ram is "4.00 GB (2.75 GB usable)" tapos yung nag-install ako ng 64-bit ang lumabas is "4.00 GB (3.75GB usable)". Hanggang 3.75 GB lang ba talaga kaya niya basahin o dahil hanggang 4 GB lang yung ram ko?

Offline 11aalleenn11

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #736 on: June 15, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
I'm new here but I've been reading a lot of stuff in this forum since yesterday..

I'm asking for help from all the good people here..

I bought a M-Audio Producer USB Microphone and recorded using my laptop. But for some reason, there is always a "hissing" or "static" sound when we record. Here is a sample that I recorded as far as I could from the laptop...

http://soundcloud.com/joezerhuang/what-is-that-1/s-MzXO1

If you turn up the volume, you can hear the problem... Mind you that the engine of our neighbors can be heard but still the hissing is there.

Here is an actual recording:
MALE:
FEMALE:

I've been reading everything that I can to solve this issue but still, no luck...

Here are the specs of my laptop:

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Intel Core i3 330M  @ 2.13GHz
Ram 2.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz
Motherboard CLEVO Co. E412X (CPU 1)
VIA High Definition Audio

Please help!

Offline 11aalleenn11

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #737 on: June 15, 2011, 09:06:47 PM »
By the way I'm using Windows Movie Maker and FL-Studio.

Another question:

What should I do if I want to record both Mic and Guitar at the same time? I'm not going to use some sophisticated effects so the clean and slightly eq'd sound is all I need. Do you think that zoom g2.1u is all I need?

What device should I buy so that I can use the USB Mic together with the Electric guitar and record at the same time?

THANKS!

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #738 on: June 15, 2011, 11:59:55 PM »
By the way I'm using Windows Movie Maker and FL-Studio.

Another question:

What should I do if I want to record both Mic and Guitar at the same time? I'm not going to use some sophisticated effects so the clean and slightly eq'd sound is all I need. Do you think that zoom g2.1u is all I need?

What device should I buy so that I can use the USB Mic together with the Electric guitar and record at the same time?

THANKS!

Use asio4all so you can use the usb mic and zoom g2.1u simultaneously.

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #739 on: June 16, 2011, 11:24:36 AM »
Pwede bang gamitin 2 usb mics at the same time? separate track each.

planning to buy kasi eh

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #740 on: June 16, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »
64-bit sir. Yung nag-install ako ng 32-bit sa ang nakalagay sa ram is "4.00 GB (2.75 GB usable)" tapos yung nag-install ako ng 64-bit ang lumabas is "4.00 GB (3.75GB usable)". Hanggang 3.75 GB lang ba talaga kaya niya basahin o dahil hanggang 4 GB lang yung ram ko?

That's because a certain portion of your installed ram is always reserved by the system. In this case, the 64-bit version utilizes more ram for your apps compared to 32-bit. In 32-bit XP for ex., 2.75 gb is about the max you can access without activating the PAE and /3GB switches (I don't think this applies to Win7 32-bit but I never did try it out).

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #741 on: June 16, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
That's because a certain portion of your installed ram is always reserved by the system. In this case, the 64-bit version utilizes more ram for your apps compared to 32-bit. In 32-bit XP for ex., 2.75 gb is about the max you can access without activating the PAE and /3GB switches (I don't think this applies to Win7 32-bit but I never did try it out).
So kung mag-upgrade ako to 6gb ram mga almost 6gb lang mababasa na ram ng Win7 64bit sir tama ba?

Offline 11aalleenn11

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #742 on: June 16, 2011, 12:33:23 PM »
Really need help guys :(

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #743 on: June 16, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »

planning to buy kasi eh

Puede.  Asio4all drivers kailangan mo to use both.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #744 on: June 18, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »
So kung mag-upgrade ako to 6gb ram mga almost 6gb lang mababasa na ram ng Win7 64bit sir tama ba?

You can expect 1 gig to be reserved by the system.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #745 on: June 18, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »

planning to buy kasi eh

It would be much better if you buy a single usb interface with 2 mic preamps and just add the mics to that. While you can use asio4all, remember that it adds it's own latency. One more thing, monitoring of separate usb mic streams is a problem, asio4all or not. Monitoring would be much simpler, and less stressful on your system if you just have one usb device in your system. Remember that usb devices typically send any return audio back to the originating device.

Asio4all is merely a wrapper that combines multiple WDM devices so that it appears as a single asio device. This is useful for DAW programs that use asio as their driver protocol, such as Cubase/Nuendo, Sonar, Live, Audition, etc. Where a DAW program uses WDM, there is no need for asio4all esp. if your audio devices have WDM drivers. WDM allows you to use multiple audio devices but at the sake of sync problems since each digital device each have their own clocks/crystals which provide the basis for their sample rates. Naturally, each device will have slight variances to their clocks unless they are synced digitally. Multiple usb devices are bound to have this problem since most of them do not have a way to sync their clocks unless they have some sort of digital input for syncing... most usb mics DO NOT have this.

One more thing, asio4all was originally developed so that onboard audio in most motherboards and laptops will appear as asio to DAW programs since practically all mobos and laptops DO NOT come with asio drivers. The developer lamented that fact that he could not use his inexpensive laptop with his copy of Cubase so he developed asio4all so he could wrap the laptop's WDM drivers in an asio shell, fooling Cubase to believe there was an asio device in the system. Naturally, there is a slight overhead involved because of the wrapper. Add to that the built-in latency of the laptop's WDM drivers then you have a system which does not truly report to you your overall system latency.

Personally, I would rather that I get a single audio device with bulletproof asio drivers since asio addresses your audio on the hardware level, unlike asio4all which is software. Asio drivers also report your true input/output latency more accurately than asio4all making for less ambiguity in compensating for overall system latency.

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #746 on: June 18, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »
You can expect 1 gig to be reserved by the system.
Ah ok sir salamat!! :-D

Offline janryl0016

« Reply #747 on: July 10, 2011, 05:06:54 AM »

sir puwede pahelp...

is it possible na tumunog yung guitar/bass connected to pc ??

i mean i plug sa mic input and then use a headset?.. :? thanks.....

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #748 on: July 10, 2011, 10:27:16 AM »

sir puwede pahelp...

is it possible na tumunog yung guitar/bass connected to pc ??

i mean i plug sa mic input and then use a headset?.. :? thanks.....

It will.  Set mo sa low ang mic input.  But not recommended for recording.

Offline janryl0016

« Reply #749 on: July 10, 2011, 03:10:02 PM »

not recommended for recording? bakit po?

i've seen  a lot of videos on youtube. they uses it nmn po...