hulika

Author Topic: MEGADETH's ENDGAME  (Read 3276 times)

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
MEGADETH's ENDGAME
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »
whoooaaa megadeths ultrariff album. if this is Daves answer to deathmagnetic, and its one loud... HELL YEAH!
no need for song by song review, dahil walang patapon. starts of heavy lead guitar riff heavy instrumental which gives a heads start on whats coming at yah, then bangs to a solid "This Day We Fight!" "1320" intense lead towards the end. My favorite as of the moment "Head Crusher" classic trash megadeth. Chris broderick is an insane addition to one of deths greats.

This is a deth release more solid and more heavy than united abominations.
if you like shredding onslaught twin guitars, neck breaking double bass drumming, and one mad angry dave. then this is for you!

********** 10 solid stars

Offline kino

• Forum Fanatic
Re: MEGADETH's ENDGAME
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 01:09:05 PM »
whoooaaa megadeths ultrariff album. if this is Daves answer to deathmagnetic, and its one loud... HELL YEAH!
no need for song by song review, dahil walang patapon. starts of heavy lead guitar riff heavy instrumental which gives a heads start on whats coming at yah, then bangs to a solid "This Day We Fight!" "1320" intense lead towards the end. My favorite as of the moment "Head Crusher" classic trash megadeth. Chris broderick is an insane addition to one of deths greats.

This is a deth release more solid and more heavy than united abominations.
if you like shredding onslaught twin guitars, neck breaking double bass drumming, and one mad angry dave. then this is for you!

********** 10 solid stars

I have to agree with you bro! Definitely one of the best metal album of the year. The riffs, melodies and the songs are just incredibly insane... Again, deth delivers on this one.
I always tell the truth, even when I Lie.....

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 04:05:11 AM »
lets say melody from countdown to extinction
to technicality from rustinpeace era :)

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »
Oops meron na pala nito.

My review:

In Endgame, I think Dave Mustaine has got his balls back. Let's see:

-Fast tempos
-Hard corners
-Palm muting all over
-Lyrics pertaining to mythology or some biblical thing, combined with modern car-related stuff.
-Guitar harmonies
-Imaginative yet accessible shredding
-Kick ass drumming (yeah, they didn't have it for a while). This compensates for slow, potentially boring songs such as "Bodies".

While United Abominations was more experimental and tries to inject a modern vibe, it's the traditional evil, in-your-face, fk you all Megadeth that I as a fan am looking for. Fans will just not let go of Rust In Peace. I can't really blame them for sounding good by sticking to a formula... they kinda created it! In a sense, they're still being themselves.

What I miss in Megadeth that's in the Marty Friedman albums are the twists in the solos. Chris Broderick does it pretty straight up, which isn't bad by itself, by the way. While he respects Marty's impact to Megadeth by doing Eastern-influenced runs, he injects his own thing by doing something influenced by Western classical.

Not a bad album at all, so far.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline HH_and_EE

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 11:45:29 AM »
wala pa neto..sa mga nabasa ko dito.sana makapakinggan ko na new album na to
HH_and_EE

Offline sidlead66

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 10:09:11 PM »
old school flavor!.... yeah i like this album... wicked sick  :evil:
www.soundclick.com/sidpablo<br /><br />\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Sidlead66\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" on Youtube :)

Offline diaboliche

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 02:23:22 PM »
Grabe ang mga riffs sa album na ito. Nice job dave mustaine.  :-)

Offline inot1105

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 01:40:25 AM »
Truly another classic metal album from the great Dave Mustaine!
Awesome line-up to date.
Clearly loud metal at its best.

Dialectic Chaos
- Has the feel of that intro to Set The World On Fire. But more technically supreme due to the onslaught of Dave & Chris guitar duels. You can hear their distinct style here.

This Day We Fight
- Blistering thrash metal... Tis can blow you off yer chair.

44 Minutes
- A compo art from Mustaine, being particular with numbers. I don't know exactly what he pertains to when he puts certain figures in his songs. But this song almost puts you in the scene of the crime. A live newsflash soundtrack, only Dave & co. can pull-off.

1,320 (1320)
- Another figurative song, in the numerical sense that is. Lightning fast song that heavyly gears into the moderate stanza.
But like what I've said, 1320? Is it an RPM value? Ain't it slow? I'm really not sure.
Still, a speedy song, megafast man.

Bite the Hand
- Sounds like a mix of Megadeth's early '80s & '00s albums, mindblowing... Though I hear something like a lazy-riff. or maybe its just me.  :?

Bodies
- This is pretty melodically nice, a very catchy radio-friendly chorus, with a classical vibe. Maybe we might hear this in some movie soundtrack someday... Just a thought.

Endgame
- Prophesy reported by Mr.Dave & his crew. A glimpse of the near political future, One World Gov't. We might look back at this song in the future and say, 'We were warned, why didn't we listen & took action.'  Pretty serious stuff man.

The Hardest Part of Letting Go... Is Saying Goodbye.
- We can pretty much guessed it right. A nice not-so-ballad song, that seems easy to copy on the guitar. But here comes the guitar solo... Way out of my powers.  :-D

Head Crusher
- ARRGGHHHHH!!! YEAHHH!!! Truly Crushing MEGAMETAL!!! Best song!!!

How the Story Ends
- Swavehng-swabeh! I though I nailed this song on the my git, damn Chris' solo lick, hindi na naman natarok ng pawers kow.
A traditional metal song that starts with a steady headbangin' tempo, builds up intensity, & ends down to the same steady heavy feel.
Galing!

The Right to Go Insane
- Bang yer head to this ma!... I particularly liked the way 'teetering' (before the chorus) was emphasized. Its like, a new word for the day. hehehe.

Overall, another outstanding metal album that is a sure ball classic.
Need I say more, Dave is still on-top of the metal heap.

Of course some people might not agree with me... ika nga... To each his own, Trip. walang pakialaman. hehehe.

\m/

God bless
1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 05:39:42 AM »
Truly another classic metal album from the great Dave Mustaine!
Awesome line-up to date.
Clearly loud metal at its best.

Dialectic Chaos
- Has the feel of that intro to Set The World On Fire. But more technically supreme due to the onslaught of Dave & Chris guitar duels. You can hear their distinct style here.

This Day We Fight
- Blistering thrash metal... Tis can blow you off yer chair.

44 Minutes
- A compo art from Mustaine, being particular with numbers. I don't know exactly what he pertains to when he puts certain figures in his songs. But this song almost puts you in the scene of the crime. A live newsflash soundtrack, only Dave & co. can pull-off.

1,320 (1320)
- Another figurative song, in the numerical sense that is. Lightning fast song that heavyly gears into the moderate stanza.
But like what I've said, 1320? Is it an RPM value? Ain't it slow? I'm really not sure.
Still, a speedy song, megafast man.

Bite the Hand
- Sounds like a mix of Megadeth's early '80s & '00s albums, mindblowing... Though I hear something like a lazy-riff. or maybe its just me.  :?

Bodies
- This is pretty melodically nice, a very catchy radio-friendly chorus, with a classical vibe. Maybe we might hear this in some movie soundtrack someday... Just a thought.

Endgame
- Prophesy reported by Mr.Dave & his crew. A glimpse of the near political future, One World Gov't. We might look back at this song in the future and say, 'We were warned, why didn't we listen & took action.'  Pretty serious stuff man.

The Hardest Part of Letting Go... Is Saying Goodbye.
- We can pretty much guessed it right. A nice not-so-ballad song, that seems easy to copy on the guitar. But here comes the guitar solo... Way out of my powers.  :-D

Head Crusher
- ARRGGHHHHH!!! YEAHHH!!! Truly Crushing MEGAMETAL!!! Best song!!!

How the Story Ends
- Swavehng-swabeh! I though I nailed this song on the my git, damn Chris' solo lick, hindi na naman natarok ng pawers kow.
A traditional metal song that starts with a steady headbangin' tempo, builds up intensity, & ends down to the same steady heavy feel.
Galing!

The Right to Go Insane
- Bang yer head to this ma!... I particularly liked the way 'teetering' (before the chorus) was emphasized. Its like, a new word for the day. hehehe.

Overall, another outstanding metal album that is a sure ball classic.
Need I say more, Dave is still on-top of the metal heap.

Of course some people might not agree with me... ika nga... To each his own, Trip. walang pakialaman. hehehe.

\m/

God bless

+1000000000

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
cool one....one of the BEST so far
yada yada yada.....

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 12:57:15 PM »
I love all Megadeth albums (Yes, even "Risk" and "The World Needs A Hero"). Sadly, Dave Mustaine said in his Guitar Mag Interview: "1 more album, and I'm done". I do hope things will change after the Endgame Tour.

Offline trasher

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:12 AM »
My favorite song from this album is "44 Minutes"
According to www.wikipedia.com, this song is all about:
The North Hollywood shootout was an armed confrontation between two heavily armed bank robbers and officers of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) in the North Hollywood district of Los Angeles on February 28, 1997. Both perpetrators were killed, twelve police officers and seven civilians were injured, and numerous vehicles and other property were damaged or destroyed by the nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition fired by the perpetrators and the police.

At approximately 9:30 am (UTC-8), Larry Phillips, Jr. and Emil Mătăsăreanu entered and robbed the North Hollywood Bank of America branch. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu were confronted by dozens of LAPD officers when they exited the bank and a shootout between the officers and robbers ensued. The two robbers attempted to flee the scene, Phillips on foot and Mătăsăreanu in their getaway vehicle, while continuing to engage the officers. The shootout continued onto a residential street adjacent to the bank until Phillips was mortally wounded, including by a self-inflicted gunshot wound; Mătăsăreanu was killed by officers three blocks away. In addition to the two perpetrators, twelve officers and seven civilians sustained injuries. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu had robbed several armored vehicles prior to their attempt in North Hollywood and were notorious for their heavy armament, which included automatic rifles.

Local patrol officers at the time were typically armed with 9 mm or .38 Special pistols on their person, with some having a 12-gauge shotgun available in their cars. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried fully automatic rifles, with ammunition capable of penetrating police body armor, and wore military grade body armor of their own. Since the police handguns could not penetrate the bank robbers' body armor, the patrol officers' efforts were ineffective. SWAT eventually arrived with weapons that could penetrate and several officers also appropriated AR-15 rifles from a nearby firearms dealer. The incident sparked debate on the appropriate firepower for patrol officers to have available in similar situations in the future.

More Info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

There is also a film adaptation of this event that I watched a couple of years ago. Here is the cover:

More Info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/44_Minutes:_The_North_Hollywood_Shoot-Out

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
broderick is too good for megadeth  :-D. kidding aside, endgame is one of a hell album. riff and solotastic!

Offline Officer Reggievante

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »
Dave Mustaine, Chris Poland, Jeff Young, and all the other previous and current Megadeth axemen except Marty Friedman can wash Chris Broderick's salongganisa.  Nuffsaid.  Kthxbye.

Offline SRK

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 11:22:51 PM »
the album is ok, more aggressive and technical but not as melodic as the friedman era albums, peace!
nice boys, don't play rock n' roll..