hulika

Author Topic: Rubber Gaskets on Lugs  (Read 1107 times)

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
Rubber Gaskets on Lugs
« on: October 01, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »
Sirs: I've been reading lately about the pros and cons of having rubber gaskets on the lugs of drums, specifically metal snare drums. Some say the gaskets dampen the sound of the snare drums; and that they were added to newer snare drums to protect the drum shell finish (and did not exist on the older ones). Since I don't have a metal snare drum yet...I'm curious about what pinoy drummers have to say about this. Any comments/personal experiences? Do they really affect the sound or baka negligible yan so you don't have to bother checking it out?

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Rubber Gaskets on Lugs
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 09:34:37 PM »
Anything you put on the shell will affect the shell,it depends really bro.
Ako yung rubber gasket sa masterworks ko e nandun to protect the finish.
So for me it's just on the ear.😄
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 06:45:42 AM »
do you put mufflers on your heads? if yes then everything is negligible

Offline jckazs

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 11:19:25 AM »
Minimal lang yung effect sa sound. Kadalasan tinatanggal yan for aesthetic reasons. Used to own a chrome plated snare na walang rubber gasket. Tinanggal ko lugs para linisan, wala naman visible marks o scratches galing sa lugs. Mas malaki nga lang yung tension rod splay (slanted yung tension rod) pag walang gasket lalo na pag stock triple flanged hoops yung naka install.