hulika

Author Topic: Max Rufo Pickups Thread  (Read 65415 times)

Offline dyames

Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 12:19:50 AM »
I too, have tested Mang Max's single coil pups and it really does what the other GC members describes what it can do.

@firemodel55, you might want to try the pups first, then just maybe... maybe it would give justice to what we've been talking about the said pick up.

Looking forward to Mang Max's Humbuckers, yun ang ipapalagay ko sa custom guitar na ipapa-gawa ko soon!

Successful transactions with:
Raikidoodles | obetski | Kyle Travers | rockchops_14 |  pusanghapon

Offline AhVia_Musicom

Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 12:25:17 AM »
yep.. true.. but then, baka interesado lang din talaga yung tao.. malay natin..

does he make humbuckers? fk i can't go to his place now, it's just too far.. sana he can wind some killer paf buckers..  :-)

aside from the sound, i'm more interested on how "noiseless" they are.. thus, basis of comparison sana.. there are dimarzio noiseless pickups (particularly, single coils), pero from guys i know who have used them, may hum parin daw talaga..

so more than the tone, i'm interested din on knowing how truly "noiseless" his pickups are compared sa iba..

that's why i never mentioned the sound, rather, i said, basis of comparison how good Mang Max's pickups are or kung ano yung nagagawa talaga nila..

if mang max can wind super noiseless pups that can be at par with kinmans, then to hell with us all.. i'm buying them even if i'm not gonna use them..  :lol:

correct me if im wrong are kinmans true Single Coil? or they are stacked designs same dimarzio? i tested a Max Rufo pickups not once but several times using different guitars i saw him make one from scratch and the design is nowhere near the Fender Noiseless, Kinman, and dimarzio Gut pics ive seen over the internet,

max a a simple and humble guy i, he doesnt take offense most of the time but sometimes when he reads things here it breaks his heart hehehehehe no seriously totoo tao lang din naman sya nakakaramdam din
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:57:11 AM by AhVia_Musicom »

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 01:37:59 AM »
What brand of pickups have you owned in your life?

this coud have been phrased much better :wink:

frivers knows his tone. if he says they're good, they must be good.
   ^  he's got bionic ears :-D

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 01:44:28 AM »

lol who knows if he meant it to sound like that or not..

Offline shkc

• Forum Fanatic
Max Rufo's Custom noiseless single coil pickups
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 05:19:39 AM »
Let's discuss Mang Max's noiseless single coils...

have tried this on his two tele's and washburn BT i think yung isa... and on my point of view and hearing...Im proud to say that maganda ang tunog and really, noiseless sya...

sa mga forumites na naka subok, and mang max even told me of some well known guitar players of the Philippines na naka test nito and they too are blown away..

last I heard is Mang Max will be developing different characters of the pickups for different types of music/playing..

God bless Mang Max... Mabait and sobrang down to earth
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:09:54 AM by shkc »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Max Rufo's Custom noiseless single coil pickups
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 05:41:18 AM »
Let's discuss Mang Max's noiseless single coils...

have tried this on his two tele's and washburn BT i think yung isa... and on my point of view and hearing...Im proud to say that maganda ang tunog and really, noiseless sya...

sa mga forumites na naka subok, and mang max even told me of some well known guitar players of the Philippines na naka text nito and they too are blown away..

last I heard is Mang Max will be developing different characters of the pickups for different types of music/playing..

God bless Mang Max... Mabait and sobrang down to earth

One of the best pick ups I've tried. Ina abang abangan ko na nga yan e,available na pala? Patent pending pa ba or patented na?

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 05:44:46 AM »
sana may iba ibang colors :-)

Offline frivers

• Veteran Member
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 05:53:56 AM »

haha i like the bionic ears.

my review is just based on my experience. depende narin siguro sa makakagamit, pwedeng magustuhan and pwedeng hindi. basta ako nagustuhan ko yung pups niya and best of all gawang pinoy hehe GO MANG MAX hehe

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 06:02:12 AM »
Unless some of those well known guitar players have owned and tried kinmans, nothing beats chris kinman on noiseless single coils.

Offline shkc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 06:11:57 AM »
One of the best pick ups I've tried. Ina abang abangan ko na nga yan e,available na pala? Patent pending pa ba or patented na?

Patent pending pa daw sir according to mang max

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2010, 06:47:17 AM »
That's you and that's him. That simple. This ain't a "who's better or what's better" kind of thread so if you have nothing good or nice to say, leave this thread alone and just concentrate on honing your chops. No one is asking for your opinion in the first place, so beat it, kid. Respect this thread, and most importantly, respect the one whose this thread is dedicated to.

Is this censure?  Akala ko ba kanya kanya and like you I am free to post an opinion?  Bakit kung ako sasali "beat it, kid"? 

So dapat lahat sasabihan ay nice to say? magaling rin ba chops mo?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2010, 06:49:14 AM »
I too, have tested Mang Max's single coil pups and it really does what the other GC members describes what it can do.

@firemodel55, you might want to try the pups first, then just maybe... maybe it would give justice to what we've been talking about the said pick up.

Looking forward to Mang Max's Humbuckers, yun ang ipapalagay ko sa custom guitar na ipapa-gawa ko soon!

It interests me to try them out.  Kaso, if its negative and I post it -- tatangapin niyo ba?  Thats whats stopping me from trying it out.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2010, 06:51:09 AM »

I ain't no slouch when it comes to tone too. 

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2010, 07:22:19 AM »
It interests me to try them out.  Kaso, if its negative and I post it -- tatangapin niyo ba?  Thats whats stopping me from trying it out.

just try it out and review it in a different thread..negative or positive its a product..so have it

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2010, 07:41:21 AM »
correct me if im wrong are kinmans true Single Coil? or they are stacked designs same dimarzio? i tested a Max Rufo pickups not once but several times using different guitars i saw him make one from scratch and the design is nowhere near the Fender Noiseless, Kinman, and dimarzio Gut pics ive seen over the internet,

Kinmans are true singe coils yata.. there are dimarzios din na true single coils pero they claim to be hum canceling, like the HS single coils..

max a a simple and humble guy i, he doesnt take offense most of the time but sometimes when he reads things here it breaks his heart hehehehehe no seriously totoo tao lang din naman sya nakakaramdam din

i'm sorry if i offended anyone in any way.. it was not my intention bro.. i was just curious on how truly noiseless his pickups are.. i admire Pinoy made stuff, i seriously do.. naaamaze ako tuwing may innovations ang mga pinoy, mpaga DIY pedal, guitar, or any other electronic stuff..

i've read nothing but good stuff about mang max, idol siya pagdating sa paggawa at pag-ayos ng gitara lalo na sa customer serivce.. hands down, thumbs up, ako sa kanya..

i'm just a person who likes to know stuff kaya gusto ko sana may basis of comparison din yung gawa niya.. kasi if it can kill other big-name brands pagdating sa pagiging noiseless at the same time staying true to a single coil, edi sobrang ayos nun..  :-)

peace.  :-)

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2010, 07:49:25 AM »
Unless some of those well known guitar players have owned and tried kinmans, nothing beats chris kinman on noiseless single coils.
Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2010, 08:04:44 AM »
Nice thread..  :-)

Man, we should try out mang max's pickups.. have you? :-)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2010, 08:14:57 AM »
Nice thread..  :-)

Man, we should try out mang max's pickups.. have you? :-)

May magagalit ba if it fails versus my standards?  If so, I throw the question to you, have you tried Kinmans?

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2010, 08:27:30 AM »
May magagalit ba if it fails versus my standards? 

We all love you here. We all love your "standards". We all love your so called "friends" that you let decide in your behalf. Can't you feel the love?  :-D

Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2010, 08:34:20 AM »
May magagalit ba if it fails versus my standards?  If so, I throw the question to you, have you tried Kinmans?

Nah.. dapat wala.. we have our own standards and opiions.. I haven't tried kinmans but i'm very much eager to try both if i have the chance..  :-)

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2010, 08:38:18 AM »
May magagalit ba if it fails versus my standards?  If so, I throw the question to you, have you tried Kinmans?

Chino didn't state anything that would compare the two pickups. He simply asked if have you tried it. You on the other hand only tried one side and declared as it is unbeatable.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:40:36 AM by pao2pao16 »

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2010, 08:40:39 AM »
how much for a set anyway?

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 08:47:05 AM »
Is this censure?  Akala ko ba kanya kanya and like you I am free to post an opinion?  Bakit kung ako sasali "beat it, kid"? 

So dapat lahat sasabihan ay nice to say? magaling rin ba chops mo?

That's because you're so predictable and we know what you're tryin' to get into.

Yup! :-D :evil:
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »
I ain't no slouch when it comes to tone too. 

Really now..

Anyway, as I've mentioned, this is not a place for arguments. Let's stop this now and let's just meet on another thread.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2010, 08:55:18 AM »
how much for a set anyway?

Not availabe yet, my friend. :-D