hulika

Author Topic: Great tone isnt always's expensive ( video title ) share ko lang guys  (Read 56660 times)

Offline 7stringmachine

Re: Great tone isnt always's expensive ( video title ) share ko lang guys
« Reply #475 on: March 13, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »
asin nga raw pre! asin!  :lol:

feeling ko rugby almusal nun eh. kapal ng fes eh.
Dang! someone just got schooled:)

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #476 on: March 14, 2011, 09:00:05 AM »
pwede tong gawing sig ah! :-)

speaking of ubusan, the first time i saw joric was at an EB-jam sa purple haze sa tomas morato. i saw him on the slide with his SG tapos nakikipag-"ubusan" sya ng blues with this other guitarist. the other guy would pull some licks then sasagutin ni joric using slide and somehow try to imitate the lick, then so on. then parang mauubusan na yung isa dahil swabe rin naman yung mga sagot ni joric so the other guy did a hammer-on-pull-off lick na obviously eh hindi naman magagaya sa slide. so nagtawanan nalang lahat. ayos yung gig na yon. :lol:

oh by the way, this "other guy" i was referring to was perf de castro. 8-)

You betcha! hhaha sig worthy indeed!

sayang un sir joric and sir perf jam... ang saya siguro nun mapanood ng live...  8-)
zzzzzzz

Offline gayusoripper

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2011, 11:47:37 AM »
hyping. just to be unique to the mass thingy
i want peace

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #478 on: March 16, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »
Hahaha. Ayos!  Ayaw ko po makipagduel; di ko mabalak maging pinakamagaling. I just wanna be the best version of me.

For the record, pinakain ako ng alikabok ni Perf dun sa "Crossroads duel" namin. Ganun din nung college days namin...

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #479 on: March 16, 2011, 12:07:31 PM »
Hahaha. Ayos!  Ayaw ko po makipagduel; di ko mabalak maging pinakamagaling. I just wanna be the best version of me.

For the record, pinakain ako ng alikabok ni Perf dun sa "Crossroads duel" namin. Ganun din nung college days namin...

nice one sir!don't stoop to his level kasi guitar playing is not a competition. we're not here to see who's the best but we're here 'cause we share the same passion which is playing the guitar.  :-)

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #480 on: March 16, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »

ka batch mo po siya nun college?
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline guitarman8294

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #481 on: March 16, 2011, 01:16:52 PM »
nice one sir!don't stoop to his level kasi guitar playing is not a competition. we're not here to see who's the best but we're here 'cause we share the same passion which is playing the guitar.  :-)

This

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #482 on: March 16, 2011, 03:02:43 PM »
ka batch mo po siya nun college?

Di naman ka-batch (this was in UP Manila). I think I was graduating and Perf was a freshman/sophomore then. Even then, mala Paul Gilbert na siya and my focus was on Delta blues. But our org's tambayan was practically across each other's lang and we sometimes jammed on the school steps or between the pillars.

Offline mintzkie009

« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »
hahaha... masyado namang OT tong thread nato... hahaha...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
"All is Well"

Offline hmn8

« Reply #484 on: March 20, 2011, 12:52:47 AM »
Oh thats an oversimplification...

John Suhr would know when to use a piece a wood, he rejects a lot of planks.  Jon would not know when NOT to use a piece of wood -- I can truly say that non of John Suhr's guitars are as heavy as Jon's heaviest guitars.  John winds his own pickups from scratch, Jon uses Korean pickups with some modifications at best or at worst tries to make his own that sound ngo ngo, John Suhr uses Gotoh produced to his specification made to maximize tone and resonance, Gotoh does not even deal with Jon on a personal level.  Shall I go on?  John Suhr has a super thin nitro finish that maximizes tone, while Jon still uses thick finish that I have no idea as to what it does to tone and resonance.  John Suhrs makes consistent guitars in terms of physical properties and shapes.  Jon's shapes are not consistent.  Finally, the Suhr guys know which guitar has mojo.  Jon does not even know when a guitar has mojo.

But of course, mas affordable si Jon and that works to his favor.  Mahal ang John Suhr pero malaking layo rin ng quality and attention to detail at tunog ng John Suhr sa elegee.  You get what you pay for really...

I own two John Suhrs and even up to this day, elegee guitars are only but 30% in terms of quality and sound of the Suhrs even with so called aftermarket parts.

By the way, I never liked the Klon and I never bought one BECAUSE i dont have a good sounding Fender Deluxe Reverb or Fender Twin Reverb.  Unfortunately, I think Jon needed the Klon more than I because of his modified 70s twin reverb which he eventually sold.  So, if I were you before you criticize the Klon, make sure you know for WHAT SPECIFIC PURPOSE IT WAS DESIGNED for.

If you're going to reply to my post, make sure you understood it completely. I am not criticizing the Klon. I own one and along w/ my Smokey Tubeless OD those two are my go to OD's. BTW, it is not a oversimplification but an actualization. A big part of the of the cost of higher end gear is the cost of making them.

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #485 on: March 21, 2011, 09:04:25 PM »
Who's this guy? He looks familiar.

That would have to be me....Bryan M. Pabustan a.k.a. burnsbhm.

my fan just posted a picture of me...he can't control himself...hehehehe......
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #486 on: March 21, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »
That would have to be me....Bryan M. Pabustan a.k.a. burnsbhm.

my fan just posted a picture of me...he can't control himself...hehehehe......

Ah ok, you look familiar. You worked for Yupangco right?
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #487 on: March 21, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
Ah ok, you look familiar. You worked for Yupangco right?

Nope. Pero madalas ako sa mga branches ng Perfect Pitch because I have some friends there.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #488 on: March 21, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »
Oh. I thought you were the guy who worked for Perfect Pitch back in 1997 yata.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #489 on: March 21, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »
Oh. I thought you were the guy who worked for Perfect Pitch back in 1997 yata.

Yup only for a week. It was 1996. I have to take care of some family matters full time kaya hindi ko tinuloy. So in technical terms I actually did not work for Yupangco.