hulika

Author Topic: Yet another DIRT pedal thread...  (Read 1613 times)

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
Yet another DIRT pedal thread...
« on: May 03, 2007, 12:59:55 PM »
OK guys!
"Survey" lang...I've been thinking about the gain section of my pedalboard and I thought of two "interesting" or makulit set-up hehe. Which do you think is better?(regardless of what guitar,amp or style it will be used in)
BOSS:
SD-1(no gain,clean boost)->BD-2(moderate gain)->OS-2(hi-gain,mix biased to DS)

ProCo:
RAT2(no gain,clean boost)->Vintage RAT RI(moderate gain)->Turbo RAT(hi-gain)

hehe I think it would be cute to see a series of RAT pedals on a board..."yak puro daga!hehe"
but then again a "yellow-blue-yellow" pedal series isn't so bad to look at as well. :lol:
haha sorry guys it may be stupid but I also consider "aesthetics" when selecting gear...hayyy vanity... :|

Offline jasoncruz_rocks

• Veteran Member
Re: Yet another DIRT pedal thread...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:44:32 PM »
Silver
Ibanez SM7 :roll:
haha peace!
Subaru is your friend.
Ibanez-Rufo RG, Squier JV with free Dimarzio!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,127091.0.html

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »
OK guys!
"Survey" lang...I've been thinking about the gain section of my pedalboard and I thought of two "interesting" or makulit set-up hehe. Which do you think is better?(regardless of what guitar,amp or style it will be used in)
BOSS:
SD-1(no gain,clean boost)->BD-2(moderate gain)->OS-2(hi-gain,mix biased to DS)

ProCo:
RAT2(no gain,clean boost)->Vintage RAT RI(moderate gain)->Turbo RAT(hi-gain)

hehe I think it would be cute to see a series of RAT pedals on a board..."yak puro daga!hehe"
but then again a "yellow-blue-yellow" pedal series isn't so bad to look at as well. :lol:
haha sorry guys it may be stupid but I also consider "aesthetics" when selecting gear...hayyy vanity... :|

aesthetics? ask Kulas! sya lang yung nakaisip na all-yellow or all-blue lang dapat yung laman ng pedalboard nya dati.. haha!

but to answer your question, i have to go with option #1. medyo muddy for me ang ProCo Rat e, but good for big-sounding rhythm parts yung mga yun. dagdag muddiness pa yun kung nag-cascade ka ng tatlong Rat hehe :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 02:12:11 PM »
hehe maybe it's because of their "filter" knobs instead of tone. :lol:

I've yet to try them out pero kung hitsura din lang parang gusto yung RAT series haha! :lol:
Planning to get a YDR na lang in place of the TurboRAT,medyo awkward yung pangalan eh,haha! :lol: and I think tonewise mas flexible yung YDR,medyo restricted to punk and heavy stuff yung turbo...

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »
OPTION 1 ako!!!

i think RAT is too much for me. parang hirap magbawas ng gain using those pedals eh, and note definition is a bit low when using those pedals, boss on the other hand have less gain but when cascaded will surely sound monstrous
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline Shekoski

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:15:50 PM »
I have a better idea of what the all-boss sounds like but I like the sound of RATs.

Maybe just a Deucetone Rat and Vintage Rat?

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:24:26 PM »
@Shekoski
I was really planning to get the deucetone...wala ako mahanap!haha! :lol:
I thought it was too much for me pero I think I'll end up getting the components of the deucetone by parts so parang ganun din! :lol:

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 02:39:43 PM »
para sa lahat ng sisilip, pasilip na rin nito!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,45592.0.html

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 11:48:38 AM »
@Shekoski
Found a Deucetone RAT online!In one week siguro dadating kasi EMS (woohoo Pasay trip na naman with all the customs duties pakshet!) So I guess I picked the Deucetone RAT->Vintage RAT set-up hehe. Mas sulit nga naman yung Deucetone, may clean RAT na pwede pa palit-palit ng Turbo or You Dirty RAT hehe. :-)