hulika

Author Topic: drummer  (Read 1709 times)

Offline kavey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
drummer
« on: June 18, 2002, 11:45:51 AM »
hi...im a college female drummer of a very young band...i wanna learn a lot more stuff and techniques about drumming...so if u also know a lot about drums, maybe we can be friends and help eachother out! cool, huh? tnx!

caves_gaze@yahoo.com

Offline BritLEE

• Philmusicus Noobitus
drummer
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 04:15:12 PM »
i can teach you how...u just make palo palo right n left...contact me...corny...hi kavs!!
BritLEE

Offline rx queen

• Philmusicus Noobitus
drummer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 10:21:09 AM »
I'm a drummer, too. I'm young also (high school) and we're just starting up as a band.

What technical stuff can you play? You know... stuff like linear paradiddles? Half-time rolling triplet shuffles? Do you practice rudiments? I'm a lazy student of the art, hence I only practice rudiments around twice a week. I'm a lefty playing righty and I play mostly rock.

So... tell us first. What kind of stuff do you want to know and maybe I can help you from there...

Offline kavey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
drummer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2002, 07:13:44 PM »
ei, tnx for replying... i didnt take up any formal lessons but i'm not in basic stage anymore...i do not pretty understand your terms but i do get the picture...i do read notes, though...i have notes here and i read them...its quite easy for me, i guess cos i read notes from the piano and violin...i also download drum tabs from the internet...im also into rock...i just wonder is there really a scientific way of hitting the drums clean??? So hows ur band so far? If u guys are kewl, i can refer you to battle of the bands or sum gig...kewl? from wut HS ka ba?