hulika

Author Topic: True Acoustic Tone  (Read 1164659 times)

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: True Acoustic Tone
« Reply #7275 on: November 08, 2018, 09:48:12 AM »
Yeah mabait nga olson. I think hes shop is closed for the winter. I also dm drew heinonen. Very interested sa hybrid om. 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7276 on: November 08, 2018, 02:24:05 PM »
Yeah mabait nga olson. I think hes shop is closed for the winter. I also dm drew heinonen. Very interested sa hybrid om. 

very nice. I had a chance to play one of drew's pieces not long ago. darn nice builder. other than one piece I have on an order cue, no further acquisitions after this year for me. I took receipt of 3 acoustics this year that still smells like the woodshop so I gotta go gig and break them in.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 02:26:57 PM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7277 on: November 08, 2018, 04:51:12 PM »
very nice. I had a chance to play one of drew's pieces not long ago. darn nice builder. other than one piece I have on an order cue, no further acquisitions after this year for me. I took receipt of 3 acoustics this year that still smells like the woodshop so I gotta go gig and break them in.
Wow 3 for this year ?! Farseer slowed down this year too.. he got a kevin ryan ata.

I really like olson.. siguro down the line if ever i will go braz b/s..

Olsons tone is consistent. The fact the he doesnt "voiced" his instruments and have that consistent sound is a proof that guitar building isnt rocket science. Sabi nga nya its just woodworking. If you build it right, something good will come out of it.

Kaya i am intrigued by drew..  he does top voicing and the hybrid om is he's thing.

Have you tried his hybrid?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:50:25 AM by dantuts »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7278 on: November 09, 2018, 08:04:37 AM »
Wow 3 for this year ?! Farseer slowed down this year too.. he got a kevin ryan ata.

I really like olson.. siguro down the line if ever i will go braz b/s..

Olsons tone is consistent. The fact the he doesnt "voiced" his instruments and have that consistent sound is a proof that guitar building isnt rocket science. Sabi nga nya its just woodworking. If you build it right, something good will come out of it.

Kaya i am intrigued by drew.. He doesnt do top voicing like the others but drew does top voicing and the hybrid om is he's thing.

Have you tried his hybrid?

I have not tried the hybrid. I tried the SJ. I am an SJ kinda guy, maybe a concert depending on what I need the guitar for. Unless I am recording the thing up close or have an onboard mic, I usually go with a dread or jumbo shape because its pretty versatile for cutting through when you are in a trio or duo setting. I slowed down a ton because I've got some stuff on order and I realistically can't gig and break all the the guitars in at the same time even if I consistently do sessions or gigs. I got in on the Olson cue a while back since there is quite the backlog on his builds. A Braz Olson would be something! I basically am opting for my own version of a James Taylor Olson but with less bling and as minimalist in visual appeal as I can get.

You getting a Ryan too?

I forgot. Its not 3 -its actually 4. I forgot about the Adi topped HD-28 Martin I got over the Spring. I've never owned a Martin dread so this was a first for me.

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7279 on: November 09, 2018, 09:54:08 AM »
I am not sure if i am going to get a new one.. haha if may braz na olson i might think about it. But i have to sell the SJ. Cant have both hehhe

Depende rin kung ibenta ni dave yung ryan nya hahaha

Did olson mentioned about retiring when you met him?

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7280 on: November 09, 2018, 10:49:01 AM »
I am not sure if i am going to get a new one.. haha if may braz na olson i might think about it. But i have to sell the SJ. Cant have both hehhe

Depende rin kung ibenta ni dave yung ryan nya hahaha

Did olson mentioned about retiring when you met him?

He did not but that kind of stuff has been buzzing around for a while even when I visited the Healdsburg years ago. When I was in the shop, it looked like stuff was still getting set up for building so I imagine he is going to keep at it for a number of years, still. For builders getting up there in age like Olson and Somogyi, folks worry about that. Kind of part of the reason why I got two Beneteaus. The wait was still almost 1.5 years from deposit to delivery. Shorter for Greenfield and prolly the same for Olson but was quoted 9-12 mos give or take a few. I haven't played many Ryans but I was sold on the Olson the first time I strummed one. The clarity was nuts and it reminded me of the same oomph and contemporary sound as this G1 Greenfield I played. Your SJ looks amazing
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:52:49 AM by abyssinianson »

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7281 on: November 09, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
You got dm hehehe

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7282 on: November 09, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »
Heinonen Cedar / cocobolo sj custom..

Awesome playing here by david and awesome tone.

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7283 on: November 27, 2018, 12:23:28 AM »
aint this a beauty !!

farseer ?? hehehe  :-D :-D

but i like this one

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:53:00 AM by dantuts »

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7284 on: December 12, 2018, 08:22:35 PM »
I don't know if this has been asked already but here it goes...

Has anyone had any experience with having a condenser mic on their guitars? like say a K&K model? Kasi ganito yung Fishman ko parang may problema yung pre-amp and I am getting frustrated. Nagkataon napabili ako ng electret condenser mic of some sort na maliit lang. So what I'm planning to do is scratch the fishman, reroute the piezo for passive tapos add a condenser mic for the string B and E. Then have an outside pre-amp say a Barcus berry or a copy of the K&K trinity pre-amp. Ang gusto ko lang malaman is is it worth it to have the mic? would there be a great difference say the tone particularly on those strings? salamat homies! :)
Heart, Mind, Hands

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7285 on: December 13, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »

Has anyone had any experience with having a condenser mic on their guitars? like say a K&K model? Kasi ganito yung Fishman ko parang may problema yung pre-amp and I am getting frustrated. Nagkataon napabili ako ng electret condenser mic of some sort na maliit lang. So what I'm planning to do is scratch the fishman, reroute the piezo for passive tapos add a condenser mic for the string B and E. Then have an outside pre-amp say a Barcus berry or a copy of the K&K trinity pre-amp. Ang gusto ko lang malaman is is it worth it to have the mic? would there be a great difference say the tone particularly on those strings? salamat homies! :)

unless that mic is a top notch good quality kind, I'd scratch the idea. it'll give you feedback problems especially kung hindi naman specifically tuned for guitar yung electret condenser.

on another notem yung piezo din ng fishman undersaddle type, I don't think you can drive that hard enough passively.

tanggal mo nalang yung fishman tapos install ka ng K&K, or kung budget hits, yung ala sound board transducer piezos para mejo mas may air yung tunog.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7286 on: December 14, 2018, 10:12:32 PM »
unless that mic is a top notch good quality kind, I'd scratch the idea. it'll give you feedback problems especially kung hindi naman specifically tuned for guitar yung electret condenser.

on another notem yung piezo din ng fishman undersaddle type, I don't think you can drive that hard enough passively.

tanggal mo nalang yung fishman tapos install ka ng K&K, or kung budget hits, yung ala sound board transducer piezos para mejo mas may air yung tunog.

hmmm... kasi meron akong acoustic preamp na ginawa. naka pedal type na sya so kahit anong piezo ang pickup ko ok lang naman dahil sa pre-amp. Pero baka nga di ko na lang ikabit yung mic kasi parang di nga maganda ung quality so I think I'll experiment with different preamps na lang for now. Hindi naman sa barat ako kaya ayoko bumili kaso mas masaya pag DIY eh wahahahhaa saka barat din talaga ako. haha
Heart, Mind, Hands

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7287 on: December 17, 2018, 01:56:56 PM »
hmmm... kasi meron akong acoustic preamp na ginawa. naka pedal type na sya so kahit anong piezo ang pickup ko ok lang naman dahil sa pre-amp. Pero baka nga di ko na lang ikabit yung mic kasi parang di nga maganda ung quality so I think I'll experiment with different preamps na lang for now. Hindi naman sa barat ako kaya ayoko bumili kaso mas masaya pag DIY eh wahahahhaa saka barat din talaga ako. haha

yung DIY preamp papsi by all means. pero yung mic, maganda sana topnotch para makuha yung totoong tunog nung gitara. kasi mejo saying din effort kung di rin maganda pumickup yung ikakabit na mic :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7288 on: December 17, 2018, 02:07:36 PM »
Ang gusto ko lang malaman is is it worth it to have the mic? would there be a great difference say the tone particularly on those strings? salamat homies! :)

I had a fishman rare earth blend pickups before. Its a soundhole pickups with a condenser mic. Try checking it out.

If you want to DIY. ok lang if you can control the volume of the mic and sort of blend it in with the piezo. Mas ok. Just like the rare earth blend pups.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 02:17:01 PM by dantuts »

Offline lockzackary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7289 on: December 21, 2018, 02:41:59 PM »
hello po
ask ko lang po if may supplier / source kayo ng Elixir Polywebs?

Thanks po

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7290 on: December 22, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »
hello po

Thanks po
Lyric music carries elixir

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7291 on: December 24, 2018, 02:23:59 PM »

I currently have the K&K pure mini on some of my guitar for live use. I pipe it through to either an Avalon DI or a BAE DMP live. I picked the K&K for two reasons -theyre passive AND it doesn't run on a battery which can cause it to run out, plus I can use an external preamp if I pack one for a gig or I can use the backline for an in-house setup. I used to run it alongside a sunrise which helped provide a stereo setup when I needed it. The rule of thumb for me was if I can simplify the thing, I would opt for a piezo because then I have less of a hard time trying to EQ the guitar if I happen to be in a bad room and feedback happens and it is problematic.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7292 on: December 28, 2018, 10:25:30 AM »
hello po

Thanks po

pedallion/NewGearDay pinaka murang elixirs I have seen.

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7293 on: April 28, 2019, 02:42:08 AM »

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7294 on: May 20, 2019, 09:54:26 AM »

Offline newbee123

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7295 on: November 28, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »
san  ba pwede umorder sa abroad ng martin d18 kahet used na, na safe ipaship sa Piipinas? may nakatry na po ba? thanks.
"I wanna _ _ck your world"

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7296 on: November 29, 2019, 11:19:54 AM »

ok ba yung Phoebus baby? balak ko umiskor para maturuan na si junakis
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7297 on: November 29, 2019, 01:22:54 PM »

ok ba yung Phoebus baby? balak ko umiskor para maturuan na si junakis

yeaps. pretty good!

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7298 on: December 02, 2019, 12:24:40 AM »
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7299 on: December 04, 2019, 07:52:39 AM »
Highly suggested ko yung dnd django jr. or baby django
copy sya ng Baby Taylor
meron utol ko ang ayos and maganda yung tunog para sa presyo