hulika

Author Topic: All Around Disrtotion  (Read 52852 times)

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
Re: All Around Disrtotion
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 10:26:51 PM »
dude...I think a lot of guitarists out there have multiple distortion pedals...unless of course you use drive form an amp hehe.

I agree. When I still had my board... (sniff)  I'm using a total of 4 combination of dirt and overdrive pedals. We still don't have composition so I need to have wide range of distortion sounds to create different sounds for our covers song. Still amongst the 3, I'd go for the Big Muff. DS1 is good but better when modded. Stock just sounds so thin and fizzy for me... prolly used as a boost will be better as well.

I also agree with the Rocktron Pedals, they are like an improved version of Boss' Dirt pedals. Take a look at the Metal Planet, can go from bluesy to earth shaking heavy metal Sh*t.

:wink:
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 11:56:20 PM »
Agree din ako sa Rocktron pedals! Was eyeing a rampage pero may iba ako nahanap mukhang interesting hehe. I want to try the Rocktron SilverDragon!

Forgot to mention this pala, I wanted this before para solb na lahat ng hanap ko sa dirt pedal pero I ended up getting multiple pedals na lang...

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 12:19:41 AM »
naalala ko... yung Rocktron Rampage pala. WHOLESALER is selling Rocktron pedals.

panalo nga yung crunchbox. kaso kelangan pa umorder sa labas ng bansa.

Na  try niyo na ba sir eto?? :?Ayos ba ? :|
yeah. very usable Marshall-like sounds from mild OD to aggressive high gain distortion. and pretty cheap for something still considered to be a boutique-class pedal.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2007, 12:47:54 AM »
My newly evolved Pokemon.

Now with double warp control for the ultimate texture variability !  :mrgreen:

Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2007, 05:01:12 AM »
I guess u got have multiple distortion gaya ng sabi nila for versatility. Try cascading OD and Dist pedal. Ako nahanap ko ung tone na gusto by combining DS-100 and OD-100 and I find it very versatile on any music I play Post Grunge, Alternative, Metal, Pop, Blues, etc... I just love the tone tpos combining those two with my ZOOM G1 for Amp Sim and mod effects. Try mo din ung Digitech Distoriton Factory mukhang promising naman ang specs niya though I never tried one pa. I'm really curious about ung to mixer and amp output niya. And if it would work well, then you don't need any DI or Amp sim na kasi may output na siya for amp and for mixer. Checkout mo rin pla ung Boss DS-1, OD-3, BD or OS try combining their dist or od baka ung ang tone na hinahanap mo. So far yan lang ang marecomend coz eto lang kasi ang madali makahanap hir sa pinas. :)
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline .bong.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2007, 03:09:10 PM »
dude...I think a lot of guitarists out there have multiple distortion pedals...unless of course you use drive form an amp hehe.

I agree. When I still had my board... (sniff)  I'm using a total of 4 combination of dirt and overdrive pedals. We still don't have composition so I need to have wide range of distortion sounds to create different sounds for our covers song. Still amongst the 3, I'd go for the Big Muff. DS1 is good but better when modded. Stock just sounds so thin and fizzy for me... prolly used as a boost will be better as well.

I also agree with the Rocktron Pedals, they are like an improved version of Boss' Dirt pedals. Take a look at the Metal Planet, can go from bluesy to earth shaking heavy metal Sh*t.

:wink:
Eh sir kung samahan kaya ng EQ pedal yung DS1, manipis pa rin kaya ang tunog?  :-)

Anyone?

Thanks!
.bong.

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 03:47:24 PM »

Eh sir kung samahan kaya ng EQ pedal yung DS1, manipis pa rin kaya ang tunog?  :-)

Anyone?

Thanks!

pwede!!!

guiatrist214

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »
Sir kasi..binilhan ako ng cousin ko ng Electro Harmonix double muff..pwede na kaya yun for distortion? :? :-D

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »
dude, you practically own one already. why not just take it for a spin as soon as you get your hands on it and decide for yourself? tapos sa amin mo sabihin kung ok na yun.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

guiatrist214

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »
haha okaaii..pero kasi sabi ng iba fuzz pedal daw sya eh.. :?di daw distortion :|hayy malay

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »
haha okaaii..pero kasi sabi ng iba fuzz pedal daw sya eh.. :?di daw distortion :|hayy malay

It is indeed a nice Fuzz pedal. Check this video and prepare to be amazed with the sound it offers!

I'm a big fan of EHX products kaya this week, Little Big Muff will be added in my board!  :lol:

Fuzz Rules!

And yes... DS-1 plus a booster or an Equalizer is a very good combination. Try cascading a Boss SD-1 or Bad Monkey after your dirt to double and make your sound fatter! GE-7 and a cheap Danelectro Fish and Chips will also shape your sound! Try it!

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

guiatrist214

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 01:02:20 PM »

It is indeed a nice Fuzz pedal. Check this video and prepare to be amazed with the sound it offers!

I'm a big fan of EHX products kaya this week, Little Big Muff will be added in my board!  :lol:

Fuzz Rules!

And yes... DS-1 plus a booster or an Equalizer is a very good combination. Try cascading a Boss SD-1 or Bad Monkey after your dirt to double and make your sound fatter! GE-7 and a cheap Danelectro Fish and Chips will also shape your sound! Try it!

Nice vid..but would the double muff sound better with a stratocaster? :? :-D

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 01:08:50 PM »
mahal ng Sans amp GT-2 eh..cguro mabibili ko pa yun kapag college na ako :lol:

kunin mo na lang yung Behringer version... gayang gaya daw eh...

incX:oh?di nga sir? :?

guitarist 214: try mo yung digitech distortion factory (df7) :-)
its a 7 in 1 pedal.ok sya for me,kaso nabenta ko na yung aken eh. :-D
better yet.try it your self.peace bro.

I agree,Df7 is an all around distortion pedal for a good budget.& types of distortions in 1 pedal and with a 4band eq. :-D
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 01:29:16 PM »
Nice vid..but would the double muff sound better with a stratocaster? :? :-D

That... is now your preference bro.  :-D I don't think that I would use a Fuzz with a Single Coil.. just try it. The guitarist of Sheryl Crow from the vid most of the time use his Strat guitar and it sounds amazing. I'm an all out Humbucker guy... Maybe for Blues, Neck pick up of Strat is the best! :mrgreen:

Offline Dzec

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 12:29:18 PM »
gdi tol.mura na din and versatile. :-)

Offline IncX

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 07:13:12 PM »

i saw the double muff demo... its a good guitar solo pedal ... i think its quite lacking in the metal "chug chug" section though. if i had extra cash, i'll get it along with a boss fender bassman '59 pedal, hehe...

guiatrist214

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 07:55:52 PM »
so....double muff is for solo? :?  :-D  :lol:

Offline Shekoski

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 09:18:47 PM »

Why don't you try it and hear for yourself?  :lol:

Anyway, John Frusciante from Red Hot Chili Peppers uses a Big Muff for soloing while he uses a DS-2 for rythm so If you're after his tone, a double muff might do. 

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2007, 09:23:01 PM »

Not really, kasi yung Big Muff ko pinang cho-chord work ko rin e (given a humbucker pup). Kaso syempre, may kaibahan pa rin Big Muff sa Double Muff. So try mo na lang siya bro :-D

Btw, ganda ng mga fuzz mag-fatten ng solos.

Ay, medyo OT, kaso since fuzzes na ang kwentuhan, sinong nagpapa-kawala ng ZVex Fuzz Factory?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:24:48 PM by voidmain »
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

guiatrist214

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2007, 09:26:23 PM »
ano ba pinagkaiba ng big muff sa double muff?? which one is better? :? :lol: :-D

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »
No comment bro, kasi di ko pa nasusubukan double muff. Punta ka sa electro harmonix site (http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/) for sound clips. At least maka-kuha ka ng idea how they both sound. :-D
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

guiatrist214

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 12:53:22 PM »
No comment bro, kasi di ko pa nasusubukan double muff. Punta ka sa electro harmonix site (http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/) for sound clips. At least maka-kuha ka ng idea how they both sound. :-D

Thanks!! :-D

Offline pinoygooner

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 04:33:11 PM »
zoom hyperlead or ibanez super metal sml

if you can find either of those they're really nice for basically any rock that requires distortion.

Offline IncX

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 11:03:45 PM »

depends on what you play...

as for me, ill use it for solos... and maybe rhythm on songs that dont require that much "chug chug"

Offline wormnanor

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2007, 05:55:21 PM »
do mxr distortion + good ba...kng meron ka nun ano ganda gwin dun...eq o od will help ba...tnx... :mrgreen:
Smooth Domestic Deal: Andrew o_o, xfree, Paolo Duay, CoCa, Liptone/Tonlip International, Mr. Prank_Sinatra, Alcoholicarl, Jflowers, Dual-Mono, Redhot.