hulika

Author Topic: Tuesday Open Jam Night at Skarlet Jazz Kitchen  (Read 13282 times)

Offline lobertz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Tuesday Open Jam Night at Skarlet Jazz Kitchen
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »
It was another fun filled Tuesday night as usual. There were only three of us Sax Soc members who came but nevertheless, we had a blast. Froilan and Col. Noel and I jammed with my friend Perci on the acoustic guitar and Arnold on the percussion and Mai, another friend of Col. Noel, brought her Epiphone guitar and occasionally sang. Another friend of Skarlet, Noel from UP college of music came later in the night and played the Epiphone guitar ala Wes Montgomery (who happens to be one of my favorites) wonderfully. It was a new and different experience at least for me jamming with guitar players. We were in jazz heaven. :)

Until next Tuesday...

Cool! Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm hoping to join you guys again next week. :) See you guys!

Offline wacks08

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2011, 12:27:32 PM »
I might be there next week, but this might be my last tuesday for the meantime. Work reason, pero I'll do my best to flex my schedule.See you!!

Offline wacks08

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
It's Tuesday na!!! Jammingan na naman mamaya...

Offline JDennis

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »
@kurei28

Please create a separate thread for this inquiry so you won't go off-topic. Thanks.

Mods: Please move this post.

Offline kurei28

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2011, 07:00:22 PM »
my bad sir dennis, i already removed the post...apologies to everyone but thanks to sir wacks for the link!

Offline wacks08

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2011, 11:53:22 AM »
Sobrang ganda kagabi... hindi lang nagenjoy we learn...daming tips kagabi... sayang yung mga hindi nakaatend...salamat kay sir michael guevarra and sir ronald... and of course sa kina sir ian and mam skarlet.... :mrgreen:

Offline JDennis

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »
@wacks08, had you stayed a bit longer, hindi mo sana na miss the jamming with Julia Clarete. She just came when we were about to leave and she wanted to jam with us. I have been texting her and inviting her ever since she learned about the tuesday night jam. She did two songs, Yey (Leonard) did an excellent job on the guitars while Col. Noel and Froilan was on the tenor and alto respectively. Michael Guevarra borrowed Froi's Mark VI and accompanied Julia on her first song (I Don't Want To Talk About It). On the second song (You Don't Know Me), I played the drums and the sax soc guys did the horn section and again, Yey did a very bluesy guitar accompaniment. What a way to cap the night. :)

Good job, Sax Soc boys! Until next tuesday!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:21:15 PM by JDennis »

Offline wacks08

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »
@sir dennis: actually we didn't leave, we are just few steps from sjk, christian has a jam session with his friends in Quattro. Anyway, I know you had a good time, no doubt naman po ang galing nyo sa drums sir.. and I know you did a wonderful job, ian on the piano, sir michael and the rest of the sax players did a good performance... sana next time si aiza o kaya si bossing...pag ganun sir, text mo lang ako... kahit nasa gitna ako ng NLEX babalik ako..hehehehe... ang galing talaga din ng feel so good natin kagabi...kahit piano at drums lang and also the harmony ng sax soc... :mrgreen:

Offline Rexmusic

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 10:04:40 AM »
hehehe adik Yey. dadating din yung time na aayos yung sched ko. tapos lagi na ko present. tapos yey ikaw naman yung iingi-gitin ko. waheheheh waheheheh.  :-D

asteg! Bibili na ulit ako ng bass para makajam kahit papano. waheheheh :-D

Good luck. Rock on guys! God bless.

Regards,

Rexmusic.

Offline kurei28

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
sayang naman yung jamming na yun last Tuesday, pambihira kasi sked ko nabalik nanaman sa 4pm to 1am...

Sayang di ko man lang napanood yung fusion ng mga astig sa musika...

Yeh, libre ako every monday, jam naman tayo kaso pareho tayo di marunong, walang magtuturo sating dalawa, hehehe...

Offline wacks08

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2011, 03:35:43 AM »
@sir dennis: sir, ask ko lang po kung anong title nitong topic na ginawa nyo?? Salamat..