hulika

Author Topic: THE KENNY G APPRECIATION THREAD  (Read 40647 times)

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
THE KENNY G APPRECIATION THREAD
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:45:40 AM »
Kenneth Bruce Gorelick (born June 5, 1956), better known by his stage name Kenny G, is a Grammy winning American saxophonist. His fourth album, Duotones, brought him breakthrough success in 1986.[1] Kenny G's main instrument is the soprano saxophone, but he also on occasion plays alto and tenor saxophone. He started playing the saxophone when he was 10 years old, in 1966. The saxophone he had as a student was a Buffet-Crampon alto saxophone. Now he plays the Selmer Mark VI Soprano, Alto and Tenor Saxophones.

As of 2003, Kenny G was named the 25th-highest selling artist in America by the RIAA, with 48 million albums sold in the USA as of July 31, 2006.[24] In 1994, Kenny G won the Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Composition for Forever in Love.

Offline joshuabass

Re: THE KENNY G APPRECIATION THREAD
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 05:10:13 PM »
wow haha..san yung isang thread ni kenny g?

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »
wow haha..san yung isang thread ni kenny g?

the bodyguards of yuson forced the mods to delete the thread...when you CAN'T WIN in a discourse,then just  delete the thread to silence your opponent...very INTELLIGENT indeed! :evil:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:20:36 AM by fox69 »

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »
In the first place, I don't need bodyguards. I can easily protect myself.

In the second place, I wasn't the one who was resorting to low blows. The one who resorts to low blows is clearly the one on the losing end. That person was you, fox69.

In the third place, the moderators took it upon themselves to delete that thread all on their own.

I'm hoping that they also decide to ban you from philmusic. It's been done before.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline gracev15

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:43:21 PM »

the bodyguards of yuson forced the mods to delete the thread...when you CAN'T WIN in a discourse,then just  delete the thread to silence your opponent...very INTELLIGENT indeed! :evil:
maybe it's done for good.  walang criminal records. haha. kidding. so back to easy listening with Kenny G.

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »

In the second place, I wasn't the one who was resorting to low blows. The one who resorts to low blows is clearly the one on the losing end. That person was you, fox69.

In the third place, the moderators took it upon themselves to delete that thread all on their own.

I'm hoping that they also decide to ban you from philmusic. It's been done before.

wow! after using your s0-called influence here in deleting the WHAT'S WRONG WITH KENNY G  thread, now you will COMPEL the mods to ban me from philmusic!!!so, if that happens, will you feel victorious? will there be an exponential increase in the size of your BIG EGO because you were able to defeat your opponent by banning him from philmusic? i pity you...you just got a new title ( aside from BARGAIN BIN KING )..the KANYE WEST OF THE PHILIPPINES!

OT : if ever your record label's PR officer uses your new "titles", PLEASE tell him to acknowledge me as the first person to coin such "titles"...thanks :evil:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:47:17 PM by fox69 »

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 02:04:32 PM »
Holy sheeshhh.  Bakit masyado akong napapako sa GC?  Dami palang aksyon sa jazz world din.  Kala ko "gentleman's music" ang jazz wahehehehe. 

Personally, I like Kenny G, but don't ever call him a jazz musician.  He CAN but he DOES NOT play jazz but the big boy record execs market it as jazz. More like Korn being the bringers of metal to the mainstream. 

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 03:00:35 PM »
Holy sheeshhh.  Bakit masyado akong napapako sa GC?  Dami palang aksyon sa jazz world din.  Kala ko "gentleman's music" ang jazz wahehehehe. 

Personally, I like Kenny G, but don't ever call him a jazz musician.  He CAN but he DOES NOT play jazz but the big boy record execs market it as jazz. More like Korn being the bringers of metal to the mainstream. 

no problem...at least you are CIVIL enough to express your opinion re kenny g..unlike some "jazz experts" kuno who consider kenny g as the descendant of satan :evil:

Offline rjtorres

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 05:47:39 PM »

Haha, hayaan mo na Aya. Ganyan talaga ang buhay.  :-D Haha, protect Aya. Classic.  :-D

Let him believe what he believes; as long as no harm is done. Wala naman sigurong naniniwala sa low-blows ni TS; in fact, I think he's bringing more people to your music. Well, I hope.  :-)

Ngayon lang yan, sir. When I started reading this forum, at least.  :-D

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »
Haha, hayaan mo na Aya. Ganyan talaga ang buhay.  :-D Haha, protect Aya. Classic.  :-D

Let him believe what he believes; as long as no harm is done. Wala naman sigurong naniniwala sa low-blows ni TS; in fact, I think he's bringing more people to your music. Well, I hope.  :-)

Ngayon lang yan, sir. When I started reading this forum, at least.  :-D

on the contrary, im helping the RECORD BUYING PUBLIC realize that instead of patronizing the CDs and shows of this "JAZZ" EGO AND HIS PAID MINIONS, they're better off spending their hard-earned cash on CHARITY! :evil:

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 07:28:21 PM »

wow! after using your s0-called influence here in deleting the WHAT'S WRONG WITH KENNY G  thread, now you will COMPEL the mods to ban me from philmusic!!!so, if that happens, will you feel victorious? will there be an exponential increase in the size of your BIG EGO because you were able to defeat your opponent by banning him from philmusic? i pity you...you just got a new title ( aside from BARGAIN BIN KING )..the KANYE WEST OF THE PHILIPPINES!

OT : if ever your record label's PR officer uses your new "titles", PLEASE tell him to acknowledge me as the first person to coin such "titles"...thanks :evil:

Hate to disappoint you but I had nothing to do with that thread's deletion.

Offline rjtorres

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »

on the contrary, im helping the RECORD BUYING PUBLIC realize that instead of patronizing the CDs and shows of this "JAZZ" EGO AND HIS PAID MINIONS, they're better off spending their hard-earned cash on CHARITY! :evil:

Ok, sir. Whatever you say.  :-D

Oh, btw, I requested (not forced) that deletion thing (and a few other more agreed on that, sadly I forgot their names). The mods were kind enough to grant that request. And no, I don't even know the who the mods are (personally.) It served its purpose, I learned new things. Sadly, it turned into a fight thread. Nobody wants to fight here. A little friendly argument is fine, but when it becomes an insult-generating thread, then there's nothing to learn, and everyone leaves a little bit foolish. So if you need someone to blame why the thread was lost, point your finger at me.   :-)

Anyway, I don't really like Kenny G, so I'm going to stop posting to this thread; I'm afraid I don't have anything useful to share. (napadaan lang ako nung nakita kong may ibang nag-post.) Hopefully someone who likes Kenny G can share their artistic insights about him.   :-)

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 09:11:31 PM »

wow! after using your s0-called influence here in deleting the WHAT'S WRONG WITH KENNY G  thread, now you will COMPEL the mods to ban me from philmusic!!!so, if that happens, will you feel victorious? will there be an exponential increase in the size of your BIG EGO because you were able to defeat your opponent by banning him from philmusic? i pity you...you just got a new title ( aside from BARGAIN BIN KING )..the KANYE WEST OF THE PHILIPPINES!

Petty personal insults: the last refuge of the intellectually outmatched.

Low blows: mark of the losing fighter.

Fox69's every post: mark of breeding or the lack thereof.

You hurt your own case with your every post, Fox69.

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 09:32:08 PM »
Just to set the record straight. I was the one who asked the mods (Jim in particular) to view the other Kenny G thread... I guess he saw it fit to delete it as it has already turned into nothing but rubbish... Aya had nothing to do with it I didn't even tell him about it I'm sure he'd be surprised as you all would be... I guess this thread is heading down that path also and is likely to have the same fate as the other...

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 09:36:48 PM »
Holy sheeshhh.  Bakit masyado akong napapako sa GC?  Dami palang aksyon sa jazz world din.  Kala ko "gentleman's music" ang jazz wahehehehe.  

Personally, I like Kenny G, but don't ever call him a jazz musician.  He CAN but he DOES NOT play jazz but the big boy record execs market it as jazz. More like Korn being the bringers of metal to the mainstream.  

O you should have read the other thread I'm sure you would have had a blast reading it... :-D Bro you missed out on the funniest thread of the year hehehe...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:40:09 PM by bluenote »

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 07:34:42 AM »
Yep I must fess up, I deleted the last Kenny G thread after getting sick and tired of hearing so many complaints about it, including quite a few that advocated its removal - it seemed to be less about jazz but a forum for a chance to vent. Anyway for the record, I must admit to not liking Kenny G myself but then again there are others in the "smooth jazz" genre worth listening to. As an example, I used to despise Bob James for excessively mellow Fender Rhodes heavy arrangements but now that I revisit his old CTI catalog, hey it's not bad. Even his collaborations with Earl Klugh aren't that bad! Now his greatest hits collection gets a lot of rotation on my iPod.  I guess distance gives you perspective.

Anyway I would like to see less threads about musicians you don't like and more threads about more threads about musicians you DO like.

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 09:25:29 AM »
And so unless you think Jim Ayson himself is a "paid minion", Fox69, I guess that's a big "woops". Toldja.

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
And so unless you think Jim Ayson himself is a "paid minion", Fox69, I guess that's a big "woops". Toldja.

wow!  i cannot believe that a "WELL-RESPECTED JAZZ ARTIST " KUNO will count the deletion of a thread as a MAJOR PERSONAL VICTORY...talk about EGO IN PHILIPPINE JAZZ...

anyway, if this thread will be deleted and i will be banned from philmusic, i really dont care coz i was able to copy ( and print ) some replies from the previous DELETED thread and i will definitely use them to convince some jazz enthusiasts ( WHO BY THE WAY, BUY A LOT OF CDS, INCLUDING KENNY CDS ) that instead of patronizing the output ( CDs and SHOWS ) of this WELL-RESPECTED JAZZ ARTIST KUNO, they might as well spend their money on charity.. :evil:

Offline gracev15

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 10:29:33 AM »
Do you  think I will let you go w/o a fight Victor? haha.  Winona Ryder  uttered in a movie. Im curious Mr Fox, was there a chance you and Aya  had a personal  rift , not a mere exchange of opinion and disgust about  Kenny G. in  particular.   if only for the sake of racy remarks, you have to direct that ire into other worthy opponents down where the  wolves love to dance and devour the innocent. haha. anyway, none of my business at all.  on the contrary, given your strong faith for Kenny, I believe you have a cause. lol.

so I won't give you this line from Sir Anthony Hopkins..

I do have a small gift for you , in the event you don't find life as glorious as I find it to be...
or not to be.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:55:46 PM by gracev15 »

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 11:37:37 AM »
wow!  i cannot believe that a "WELL-RESPECTED JAZZ ARTIST " KUNO will count the deletion of a thread as a MAJOR PERSONAL VICTORY...talk about EGO IN PHILIPPINE JAZZ...

anyway, if this thread will be deleted and i will be banned from philmusic, i really dont care coz i was able to copy ( and print ) some replies from the previous DELETED thread and i will definitely use them to convince some jazz enthusiasts ( WHO BY THE WAY, BUY A LOT OF CDS, INCLUDING KENNY CDS ) that instead of patronizing the output ( CDs and SHOWS ) of this WELL-RESPECTED JAZZ ARTIST KUNO, they might as well spend their money on charity.. :evil:

The real level of your cognition (or lack thereof) betrays itself. I don't count that thread's deletion as any kind of victory, as I had nothing to do with it.   :lol:

Jeez, how much dumber can you get?  :lol:

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »
... and on the subject of ego...

Sino ang egotistical, taong kayang tanggapin na magkakaiba ang panlasa ng iba-ibang tao o ang taong hindi kayang tanggapin na maaaring hindi siya kasing talino ng akala niya?

The evidence: reflect on the amount of personal insults you've had to resort to just to try to keep your head afloat.

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »
... and on the subject of ego...

Sino ang egotistical, taong kayang tanggapin na magkakaiba ang panlasa ng iba-ibang tao o ang taong hindi kayang tanggapin na maaaring hindi siya kasing talino ng akala niya?

The evidence: reflect on the amount of personal insults you've had to resort to just to try to keep your head afloat.

so,  by stating the fact that i saw your ANGELSONGCRAP CD in the dusty bargain bin in a record bar during the three-day SM sale in north edsa , i am insulting you? is this the level of intelligence that you are so proud of in the forums here in philmusic?

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 12:17:13 PM »

so,  by stating the fact that i saw your ANGELSONGCRAP CD in the dusty bargain bin in a record bar during the three-day SM sale in north edsa , i am insulting you? is this the level of intelligence that you are so proud of in the forums here in philmusic?

The fact itself is perhaps not an insult. But the wrong title is.

Oh, and how about the name-calling? Kanye West, Bargain Bin King. Sama mo na rin yung claim about my "large ego".

It seems to me that you were overly affected by the corrections of your spelling and grammar and have now turned it personal.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:19:56 PM by aya_yuson »

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 12:26:03 PM »
The fact itself is perhaps not an insult. But the wrong title is.

Oh, and how about the name-calling? Kanye West, Bargain Bin King. Sama mo na rin yung claim about my "large ego".

It seems to me that you were overly affected by the corrections of your spelling and grammar and have now turned it personal.

so, let me try to discern this...you think you have the BIRTHRIGHT to correct everybody here and get away with it? well, let me inform you that not everybody buy your "well-respected jazz artist kuno " tag...and you have no right to limit my creativity to come-up with appropriate titles for you, your crap CD, your ego and your music... :evil:

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 12:31:12 PM »

so, let me try to discern this...you think you have the BIRTHRIGHT to correct everybody here and get away with it? well, let me inform you that not everybody buy your "well-respected jazz artist kuno " tag...and you have no right to limit my creativity to come-up with appropriate titles for you, your crap CD, your ego and your music... :evil:

Dahil nakaka-awa na ang grammar, syntax at diction (contrary to popular thought, "diction" actually refers to word choice rather than pronunciation) mo, tutulungan kita.

Here's how your post should read:

So, let me try to understand this...you think you have the BIRTHRIGHT to correct everybody here and get away with it? Well, let me inform you that not everybody buys your "well-respected jazz artist kuno " tag...and you have no right to limit my creativity to come-up with appropriate titles for you, your crap CD, your ego and your music... :evil:

There you go. No thanks necessary.