hulika

Author Topic: THE KENNY G APPRECIATION THREAD  (Read 40648 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE KENNY G APPRECIATION THREAD
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »
Shiittt fox69 you are fcuking out of line.  Bargain CDs are priced as such not because they do not hold any MUSICAL value, but because of quota reasons.  EVEN PLATINUM-SELLING RECORDS CAN BE IN THE BARGAIN BIN IF THERE IS AN OVERRUN.  

So nung bumili ako ng John Mayer Continuum CD, it was around P550 AFAIK.  And I got pissed that it was being sold at P199 a few months after.  So if I follow your logic, does that mean Mr. Mayer was a Bargain Bin King too?  

Are you saying that the Grammys are the yardstick of true musicianship?  Then why didn't Dream Theater ever get a Grammy?  

About Kenny G.  He might be your idol but you don't have to defend him to  high heavens like he sponsored your milk and diapers when you were still young.  People can be passionate about their tastes but it seems to me that YOU are the one who is close-minded.  

And for someone as musically-well-endowed like Aya Yuson, to say JAZZ is NOT SUPERIOR to any genre of music is in itself a sign of humility.  That was a few months back when someone posted a "shifting from rock to jazz" thread.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 01:39:19 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 01:55:33 PM »
Dahil nakaka-awa na ang grammar, syntax at diction (contrary to popular thought, "diction" actually refers to word choice rather than pronunciation) mo, tutulungan kita.

Here's how your post should read:

So, let me try to understand this...you think you have the BIRTHRIGHT to correct everybody here and get away with it? Well, let me inform you that not everybody buys your "well-respected jazz artist kuno " tag...and you have no right to limit my creativity to come-up with appropriate titles for you, your crap CD, your ego and your music... :evil:

There you go. No thanks necessary.

you should THANK ME instead because i was able to boost your EGO...now, will you boost my ego by helping me decide which of the following TITLES ( my creations ) is the most appropriate for you :

1.  KANYE WEST OF THE PHILIPPINES  (  close fight kayo dito ni willie revillame )
2.  JASON IVLER CLONE  (  naku marami kang kalaban dito : jimyjamesisabigot, obetskiisabigot, glbalwarmthingisabigot )
3.  BARGAIN BIN KING  ---congrats...YOU  are the only qualified creature for this title :evil:

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 02:12:07 PM »
Jesus we need new facepalm pics.

Offline PrayToYourGodz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
Gusto kong pumunta sa Quirino Grandstand araw-araw at manood ng public execution ng mga presidente, senador, representatives at iba pang mga kurap na kriminal ng bayan. - Dong Abay

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »
Shiittt fox69 you are fcuking out of line.  Bargain CDs are priced as such not because they do not hold any MUSICAL value, but because of quota reasons.  EVEN PLATINUM-SELLING RECORDS CAN BE IN THE BARGAIN BIN IF THERE IS AN OVERRUN.  

So nung bumili ako ng John Mayer Continuum CD, it was around P550 AFAIK.  And I got pissed that it was being sold at P199 a few months after.  So if I follow your logic, does that mean Mr. Mayer was a Bargain Bin King too?  

Are you saying that the Grammys are the yardstick of true musicianship?  Then why didn't Dream Theater ever get a Grammy?  

About Kenny G.  He might be your idol but you don't have to defend him to  high heavens like he sponsored your milk and diapers when you were still young.  People can be passionate about their tastes but it seems to me that YOU are the one who is close-minded.  

And for someone as musically-well-endowed like Aya Yuson, to say JAZZ is NOT SUPERIOR to any genre of music is in itself a sign of humility.  That was a few months back when someone posted a "shifting from rock to jazz" thread.

Pare sayang lang ang pagod mo... That guy is the thickest person in PM... Even worse than the guys in GC...  :-D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:35:54 PM by bluenote »

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
Pare sayang lang ang pagod mo... That guy is the thickest person in PM... Even worse than the guys in GC...  :-D

first of all,  im not a book  so i cannot be "thickest" :evil:

now, if your statement is true, how do you categorize yourself and the other yuson thugs? angels?
or this--> :evil:

Offline globalwarmthings

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »
pasensya na lang muna tayo, the person is not playing with a full deck of cards  :-D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »
Sir jim your board, once again, is under attack.  MARTIAL LAW!

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »
Kenneth Bruce Gorelick (born June 5, 1956), better known by his stage name Kenny G, is a Grammy winning American saxophonist. His fourth album, Duotones, brought him breakthrough success in 1986.[1] Kenny G's main instrument is the soprano saxophone, but he also on occasion plays alto and tenor saxophone. He started playing the saxophone when he was 10 years old, in 1966. The saxophone he had as a student was a Buffet-Crampon alto saxophone. Now he plays the Selmer Mark VI Soprano, Alto and Tenor Saxophones.

As of 2003, Kenny G was named the 25th-highest selling artist in America by the RIAA, with 48 million albums sold in the USA as of July 31, 2006.[24] In 1994, Kenny G won the Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Composition for Forever in Love.

the bodyguards of yuson forced the mods to delete the thread...when you CAN'T WIN in a discourse,then just  delete the thread to silence your opponent...very INTELLIGENT indeed! :evil:

with a single post you've turned your OWN thread from a supposed-to-be-appreciation thread to an ad-hominem-mayhem thread. sayang paborito pa naman namin ng mom ko si Kenny G patugtugin sa oto.

fail. :-(
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »
It's times like these when you appreciate the old posts of OAS.  Though OAS meant well (at least that's how they looked to me if you looked beyond the acerbic verbiage) and had the lead to back-up his ideas, his posts could have been appreciated by a wider audience had they been "packaged" properly.  Ito...., bale na - it's the Lenten season so I'll leave it at that.

Boss Pentax (:wink:), your call as far as this thread is concerned.

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 11:34:48 PM »
It's times like these when you appreciate the old posts of OAS.  Though OAS meant well (at least that's how they looked to me if you looked beyond the acerbic verbiage) and had the lead to back-up his ideas, his posts could have been appreciated by a wider audience had they been "packaged" properly.  Ito...., bale na - it's the Lenten season so I'll leave it at that.

Boss Pentax (:wink:), your call as far as this thread is concerned.

Well yes at least OAS was worth arguing with... And at least OAS was ballsy enough to prove his point face to face and not just by hiding behind his PC... I wonder if fox69 would reveal his true identity hmmm...   

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 11:36:23 PM »
pasensya na lang muna tayo, the person is not playing with a full deck of cards  :-D

Yeah and with quite a few loose screws...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:37:34 PM by bluenote »

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 11:44:01 PM »
Yeah and quite a few loose screws...

coming from a THUG like you, well...what can i say john boy?

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 12:10:07 AM »
Everyone here in PM knows who I am in real life especially the guys from GC I dont pretend to be something I'm not...  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:11:40 AM by bluenote »

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 12:33:45 AM »
Everyone here in PM knows who I am in real life especially the guys from GC I dont pretend to be something I'm not...  

ah ok...i see... so they know you have a thug mentality?

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 01:02:03 AM »
You guys should check the tsismisan thread in anything goes... Nag susumbong parang bata katawa talaga...  :-D

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 01:05:47 AM »
You guys should check the tsismisan thread in anything goes... Nag susumbong parang bata katawa talaga...  :-D

have you heard of PRESS RELEASES?  they can make or unmake a career... :evil:

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 01:08:25 AM »
From the anung ginagawa mo sa philmusic thread in anything goes...

Quote from: fox69 on February 23, 2010, 04:17:52 PM
"sir, hwag kang pumunta sa jazz forum...marami doon may GANGSTER MENTALITY"

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 01:11:14 AM »
From the anung ginagawa mo sa philmusic thread in anything goes...

Quote from: fox69 on February 23, 2010, 04:17:52 PM
"sir, hwag kang pumunta sa jazz forum...marami doon may GANGSTER MENTALITY"

guilty beyond reasonable doubt? :evil:

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 01:12:57 AM »
From the tsismisan thread in anything goes...

Quote from: hoy on February 24, 2010

I don't know you or Aya Yuson but this one is definitely a foul post. Please stop making remarks such as this. I am an artist myself and I'd be so pissed if I receive a comment like this. If you're an artist too I know you'd feel the same way.

And another thing, everytime you make statements like this, it all backfires to you..

Nothing against you bro. But please stop making remarks as harsh as this.

Quote from: fox69 on February 24, 2010

sir, you should have read what he ( and his thug  friends ) have posted against me in the deleted kenny g thread...after reading all their insults against my person, i can assure you that what you considered as a "foul post" is actually very tame  evil

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2010, 01:14:00 AM »
From the tsismisan thread in anything goes...

Quote from: hoy on February 24, 2010

I don't know you or Aya Yuson but this one is definitely a foul post. Please stop making remarks such as this. I am an artist myself and I'd be so pissed if I receive a comment like this. If you're an artist too I know you'd feel the same way.

And another thing, everytime you make statements like this, it all backfires to you..

Nothing against you bro. But please stop making remarks as harsh as this.

Quote from: fox69 on February 24, 2010

sir, you should have read what he ( and his thug  friends ) have posted against me in the deleted kenny g thread...after reading all their insults against my person, i can assure you that what you considered as a "foul post" is actually very tame  evil

again,  your GUILT is showing... :evil:

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2010, 01:14:58 AM »
Kakatawa kahit dun hindi sha kinampihan wawa naman booohoooo....  :cry:

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2010, 01:16:30 AM »
Kakatawa kahit dun hindi sha kinampihan wawa naman booohoooo....  :cry:

well...i hope you are reading PRESS RELEASES regularly...not just in the net but in print also... :evil:

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2010, 01:31:18 AM »
There are such things as lawsuits for print materials... Oh wait Ill have my lawyer check that out...  :-D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:34:39 AM by bluenote »

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »
Who is fox69?  He has more pics of his CDs than his face?