hulika

Author Topic: one for all!  (Read 31825 times)

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« on: April 02, 2006, 03:18:56 PM »
ok so you have your own progressions...  

why dont we have one progression for all, and see how different guitarists makes their solo out of it..

heres the progression..

DM9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7

4 beats in a measure, 2 counts for each chord, 12 bars.

let the posting spree begin!
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
one for all!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 03:21:53 PM »
Paiyakan ah.

Di ba pwedeng D5-A5-F5-B5 na lang ?

Nyuk nyuk nyuk
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 03:27:42 PM »
nge?! hehehe :lol:

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 05:01:55 PM »
depends on what voicing you'll be doing.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
one for all!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 10:31:09 PM »
hehe tama si bamf power chording nalang. nga lang  pag prog ata ung progression tama ba?

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 08:19:38 AM »
Quote from: fingertapper1
hehe tama si bamf power chording nalang. nga lang  pag prog ata ung progression tama ba?

jazz progression yun bro..

ito nalang G - Em - C - D.. nyaha!

Offline darnel

one for all!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 08:40:50 AM »
DM9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7

sir san tune or standard nyo nakuha yan?  :)
Notes are clever ways of getting from one silence to another

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 10:34:28 AM »
Quote from: darnel
DM9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7

thats MY progression... DM9 was really EM9..

as ii-V ng E ung F# at B..

EM9 is better, but i decided to make it DM9.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
one for all!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 10:43:03 AM »
Pang-jazz nga yung progression.

Gusto nyo gawa ako backing track o kanya-kanya nang gawa ? Pag ako naglatag baka New Orleans Jazz ang rhythm section na gamitin ko.

Mare-review ata lahat ng modal scales ko neto pag sinunod natin yung prog mo hehehe.

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 10:45:08 AM »
nyah!!! hahaha! bahala ka kung ano gusto mo gawin...

anyway gawin mo nalang EM9 yung DM9,, di ko gusto yung tunog nung DM9 after ng B7.. hehe..

anong modes? kalimutan na yan... nyehehehe..

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 02:16:07 PM »
Quote from: progressive_pilipinas
DM9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7

who the fcuk gave you the right to own it? and that progression has been used before, theres no way you could own it.

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 02:42:44 PM »
Quote from: titser_marco
DM9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7

who the fcuk gave you the right to own it? and that progression has been used before, theres no way you could own it.

hmmm.. well if you are trying to give me an insult, good luck.

you could say that i dont own it.. if thats what you want and if that satisfies your ego. darnel was referring to a standard where i got that one, well i didnt get that from any standard or tunes or anything. like who gave joe pass the right to his own lines and progressions? did he have to apply for something? license to own progression? think well bro, give me a jazz progression exactly as i stated above,

DM9 - A7 -F#7#9 - B7.. if you find one i hope youll be happy..

E9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7. well this might be the progression you might be fighting for.. ahhh  

let me tell you something bro, if youre trying to point out something do it in a nice way, ok

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 03:22:06 PM »
DM9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7

you could say that i dont own it.. if thats what you want and if that satisfies your ego. darnel was referring to a standard where i got that one, well i didnt get that from any standard or tunes or anything. like who gave joe pass the right to his own lines and progressions? did he have to apply for something? license to own progression? think well bro, give me a jazz progression exactly as i stated above,

E9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7. well this might be the progression you might be fighting for.. ahhh  

let me tell you something bro, if youre trying to point out something do it in a nice way, ok

Joe Pass didn't claim it was his, while you did in in bold and all caps.

And what you said doesn't prove anything. It just means you haven't done your share of listening.

Also, as you were saying, you altered the basic ii-V-I progressionin E:

It would do you well to know how to write your chords properly. If you were indeed talking about ii-V-I, F#7#9 as far as I know is not a ii chord but a II chord, since it's a major chord, based on your notation. It would do you good to know how to write your notes if you're really seeking clarity and credibility.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
one for all!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 03:54:24 PM »
O bos marco ! Lamig ulo lang. Friends tayo dito :D

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 03:58:41 PM »
I know we're friends and I hope progressive_pilipinas has enough sense that using the four letter word doesn't really connote verbal aggression in that context. I'm sorry if I hurt anyone in the process, including him, but I'm not sorry for what I think about his claim.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 08:04:11 PM »
geez... another oas in the making...

Offline darnel

one for all!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 10:26:28 PM »
Peace po.. the reason I was asking kung san nakuha ni prog yun kasi I believe its not a typical (standard) jazz progression as what others have stated… the chords were typical in the jazz vernacular but the changes were more advanced… think post bop…

With regards to a the usage of a dominant chord instead of a minor chord in  a 2-5-1 setting… I think pede po yun.. its called a V of V substitution…

Say in a typical turnaround in C… Cmaj-Am7-Dm7-G7

Pedeng maging Em7-Am7-Dm7-G7

Using the V of V substitution… it will become E7-A7-D7-G7… tapos kung mahilig kayo sa tritone pde din ipalit

PS... since nasingit c Joe Pass, he discussed this extensively in his videos...
Notes are clever ways of getting from one silence to another

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 10:29:31 PM »
Quote from: PRSMan

titser marco makes good points.  Question is, point taken kaya ng mga tao dito?

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 01:05:25 AM »
Quote from: skunkyfunk

it's not about the points he made... which i agree are valid... it's having to take that attitude... geez... chord progression lang eh napaka-emotional naman...

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 01:24:07 AM »

it's not about the points he made... which i agree are valid... it's having to take that attitude... geez... chord progression lang eh napaka-emotional naman...

Maybe not emotional.  Maybe he just writes as if he doesn't know how he can be misinterpreted.

I read this in one book before...Try stressing on the italicized word in the same sentence.

1. I deserve that job.
2. I deserve that job.
3. I deserve that job.
4. I deserve that job.

In 1), it is like saying no one else deserves that job. In 2), it is like saying you earned the job through hard  work, hence you insist you deserve it.  In 3) you are referring to no other job but that particular one.  And in 4), he points to a mop...

Same sentence, same words, with different tones.  At least you have to choose the right words in forums to avoid misinterpretation.  But then, I cannot discount the fact that marco ain't an ass just by saying f***.

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 05:47:49 AM »
ok. easy lang marco,,  i understnd your point, i got that but of course that four letter word fuzzed me out.

F#7#9 is not a the ii chord.. its the III of the D. D was the home chord so E9 would be the II of D.

i was not referring to E as the home chord.. ok? peace bro.. you should come on the 7th.. :lol:

speaking of another oas in the making.. hmmm.. bold comments.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 06:19:36 AM »

Maybe not emotional.  Maybe he just writes as if he doesn't know how he can be misinterpreted.

I read this in one book before...Try stressing on the italicized word in the same sentence.

1. I deserve that job.
2. I deserve that job.
3. I deserve that job.
4. I deserve that job.

In 1), it is like saying no one else deserves that job. In 2), it is like saying you earned the job through hard  work, hence you insist you deserve it.  In 3) you are referring to no other job but that particular one.  And in 4), he points to a mop...

Same sentence, same words, with different tones.  At least you have to choose the right words in forums to avoid misinterpretation.  But then, I cannot discount the fact that marco ain't an ass just by saying f***.

Ang tiyaga mo tol, lolz.. again, di ka ba talaga si oas? Its just an innocent question..

Offline markflo

one for all!
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 06:39:06 AM »
dude...nobody really OWNS a chord progression...he probably meant that that was the chord progression that HE provided...take it easy...jesus christ...don't be so friggin' antsy...just solo over the goddamn thing, will ya?

DM9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7

And what you said doesn't prove anything. It just means you haven't done your share of listening.

It would do you well to know how to write your chords properly. If you were indeed talking about ii-V-I, F#7#9 as far as I know is not a ii chord but a II chord, since it's a major chord, based on your notation. It would do you good to know how to write your notes if you're really seeking clarity and credibility.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
one for all!
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 07:18:06 AM »
If you review your grammar lessons, "my" is a possessive pronoun.

PRSMan: Regarding the oas issue, I don't think a comparison is really necessary but rather a re-evaluation of the over-sensitivity of a lot of people here towards assertive (note NO AGGRESSIVE) rhetoric. If you can't stand strong attitudes, then live in solitude. To use your interjection,  GEEZ.

Quote from: markflo
dude...nobody really OWNS a chord progression...he probably meant that that was the chord progression that HE provided...take it easy...jesus christ...don't be so friggin' antsy...just solo over the goddamn thing, will ya?

DM9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7

Offline markflo

one for all!
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 07:23:42 AM »
to quote your avatar's song

Shut Up & Play Your Guitar (you smart a$$)

this isn't an english grammar thread it's a guitar thread...go to pinoyexchange or something, man...

If you review your grammar lessons, "my" is a possessive pronoun.

PRSMan: Regarding the oas issue, I don't think a comparison is really necessary but rather a re-evaluation of the over-sensitivity of a lot of people here towards assertive (note NO AGGRESSIVE) rhetoric. If you can't stand strong attitudes, then live in solitude. To use your interjection,  GEEZ.

Quote from: markflo

DM9 - A7 - F#7#9 - B7

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln