hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 492215 times)

Offline cinzons10

Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #3000 on: March 31, 2018, 08:13:11 PM »
Hi guys.. PRS lovers.. :) if you don’t mind.. i want to ask where and how can i buy the “ PRS S2 Standard 22 (Satin Vintage Cherry) “ ? is there someone who takes online order? Or should i do it myself? I dont have any experince ordering online and very hesitant to do it because its too expensive if it fails from shipping.. thank you in advance..

Offline vantonilin

« Reply #3001 on: April 01, 2018, 05:50:23 AM »
Hi guys.. PRS lovers.. :) if you don’t mind.. i want to ask where and how can i buy the “ PRS S2 Standard 22 (Satin Vintage Cherry) “ ? is there someone who takes online order? Or should i do it myself? I dont have any experince ordering online and very hesitant to do it because its too expensive if it fails from shipping.. thank you in advance..

Have you tried inquiring sa Lyric? I think i saw two S2 na stock sa ATC branch kahapon. You may want to check with them before ordering online.

Offline cinzons10

« Reply #3002 on: April 01, 2018, 11:00:08 AM »
Orayts! Cool, Will do.. thanks! :)

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3003 on: May 26, 2018, 08:12:06 AM »
I have the 25th Anniv SE 24. It has the special stock pickups but can't be split. Since this might end as my go-to guitar, I want it to be versatile. Can anyone recommend a good split coil humbucker that is a good match for blues / classic rock play? Hopefully they are zebra color or at least silver soap bar. Looks are 50% of my criteria.  :)
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3004 on: May 26, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »
I have the 25th Anniv SE 24. It has the special stock pickups but can't be split. Since this might end as my go-to guitar, I want it to be versatile. Can anyone recommend a good split coil humbucker that is a good match for blues / classic rock play? Hopefully they are zebra color or at least silver soap bar. Looks are 50% of my criteria.  :)

Do you have a specific budget in mind for a set? As far as coming in zebra or having nickel/chrome covers, those are already aftermarket options that are not hard to find. 4-conductor lead wires are also a standard nowadays on aftermarket pickups. :)

I'd look for something in the PAF or low-to-medium output territory if I were you.
Depending on your budget, Dimarzio 36th Anniv PAFs are hard to beat for the price. I like SD Seth Lovers too but I wish they came with 4-conductor lead wires and a potted version.

If you have the case to burn, there are also a lot from the boutique makers.. Bare Knuckle, Wolfetone, etc..

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3005 on: May 27, 2018, 09:52:57 PM »
Sheptone Tributes are  very good PAFs that come covered or uncovered in standard colors including Zebra, potted or unpotted with a price that s very hard to beat. You could also specify if you want them in 4-conductor wiring. I stopped searching for buckers for my SE after I had a set installed.

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3006 on: May 28, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »
Do you have a specific budget in mind for a set? As far as coming in zebra or having nickel/chrome covers, those are already aftermarket options that are not hard to find. 4-conductor lead wires are also a standard nowadays on aftermarket pickups. :)

I'd look for something in the PAF or low-to-medium output territory if I were you.
Depending on your budget, Dimarzio 36th Anniv PAFs are hard to beat for the price. I like SD Seth Lovers too but I wish they came with 4-conductor lead wires and a potted version.

If you have the case to burn, there are also a lot from the boutique makers.. Bare Knuckle, Wolfetone, etc..

Thanks for the tips.
Dean of a law school

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3007 on: May 28, 2018, 01:19:53 PM »
Sheptone Tributes are  very good PAFs that come covered or uncovered in standard colors including Zebra, potted or unpotted with a price that s very hard to beat. You could also specify if you want them in 4-conductor wiring. I stopped searching for buckers for my SE after I had a set installed.

I will certainly look this up. Thanks for the tips.
Dean of a law school

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3008 on: June 10, 2018, 10:39:12 AM »
This one now sports a Nailbomb in the bridge position. I'm still looking for a replacement bridge, and a good deal on lampshade knobs.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3009 on: June 10, 2018, 05:38:00 PM »
^ That guitar is really a looker!  :money:  :drool:
How did the pup change change the tone and character of the guitar?

Offline avatar

« Reply #3010 on: June 10, 2018, 05:52:48 PM »
This one now sports a Nailbomb in the bridge position. I'm still looking for a replacement bridge, and a good deal on lampshade knobs.

Ganda!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:55:58 PM by avatar »

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3011 on: June 10, 2018, 06:27:31 PM »
^ That guitar is really a looker!  :money:  :drool:
How did the pup change change the tone and character of the guitar?

Coming from a Custom 5, the cleans are okay. i preferred the Custom 5 for cleans. For dirt, this one screams.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3012 on: June 10, 2018, 09:32:22 PM »

Im distracted by the Jugg Box amo at the back haha

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3013 on: August 19, 2018, 07:21:01 AM »
I got to try a PRS Silver Sky sa Ishibashi Shibuya kahapon. I just wanted to feel the neck pero the store assistant was kind enough to let me plug it in to a Hot Rod Deluxe.

So after 15 minutes playing through the clean channel, here are my thoughts:

- Magaan yung gitara. Feels like a toy. It probably weighs as much as the 12 string acoustic guitar that my dad owns.
- Pickups sound great. It's like a cross between a single coil and a P90.
- Fret work is great. Malinis yung pagkagawa
- Neck profile is ok. Fits my hand quite nicely
- I didn't experience any "fret outs". So ok lang yung 7.25 inch radius nya. Although the thing about it's rosewood neck is parang glossed maple yung feel. Hindi "lumalaban" yung fretboard. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad.
- Volume and Tone pots feel flimsy.
- I didn't try the whammy bar. Hindi rin naman ako gumagamit nun.

Overall...its a good guitar. Hindi lang talaga maiiwasan na ma compare sya sa Fender Strat especially with its price range.  :)

Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3014 on: August 20, 2018, 06:19:19 AM »
Overall...its a good guitar. Hindi lang talaga maiiwasan na ma compare sya sa Fender Strat especially with its price range.  :)

How much did it go for?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3015 on: August 20, 2018, 09:23:23 AM »
How much did it go for?

same question :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3016 on: August 20, 2018, 12:51:19 PM »
@Ralph_Petrucci, @curiouscat

Yung PRS Silver Sky ay 240,000 Yen with tax. Yung Fender American Original (pumalit sa AVRI) ay nasa 210,000 Yen ata.  :-o

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3017 on: August 20, 2018, 01:02:42 PM »
@Ralph_Petrucci, @curiouscat
Yung PRS Silver Sky ay 240,000 Yen with tax. Yung Fender American Original (pumalit sa AVRI) ay nasa 210,000 Yen ata.  :-o

Thanks for the info. Price is not bad for PHP120K. Time to start playing the lotto.  :-D

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3018 on: August 20, 2018, 01:05:32 PM »
Thanks for the info. Price is not bad for PHP120K. Time to start playing the lotto.  :-D

IF I win the lotto thom id get the JM Sig HAHAHAHAHA I think that thing is still ^^^ than the silver sky hahaha
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3019 on: August 23, 2018, 01:46:29 PM »
IF I win the lotto thom id get the JM Sig HAHAHAHAHA I think that thing is still ^^^ than the silver sky hahaha

hehehe We are truly dependent on the lotto! haha

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3020 on: August 23, 2018, 02:00:53 PM »

Holy Big Dippers FTW!  :razz:

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3021 on: August 24, 2018, 05:00:34 PM »
Guys...280,000 Yen pala yung Silver Sky.  Hindi 240,000 as earlier mentioned. Pumunta ulit ako Ishibashi kanina to try out a used CE 24..yung naka rotating pickup selector pa. That one i really dig....kaso wala akong 160,000 Yen.  :-o

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3022 on: August 24, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »
Holy Big Dippers FTW!  :razz:

EGGSAKLI HAHAHAHA

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3023 on: August 25, 2018, 12:16:26 PM »
Medyo OT

but

malaki ba diff ng Big Dippers from the Jazzy Cats? Can't find a direct A/B.

TIA.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3024 on: August 25, 2018, 01:24:23 PM »
Medyo OT

but

malaki ba diff ng Big Dippers from the Jazzy Cats? Can't find a direct A/B.

TIA.

Problem with the Big Dippers, there's no aftermarket set. Either you buy a JM sig or wait for someone to part it out. The Jazzy Cats are supposedly the closest you can get to the Big Dippers from the aftermarket pickups. I've tried the Jazzy Cats on numerous occasions and it hits that woody mid-scooped tone really well. Instant JM thru a Blackface amp and 808.