hulika

Author Topic: Fuzz Freaks arise!  (Read 275529 times)

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Fuzz Freaks arise!
« Reply #1350 on: December 18, 2015, 08:33:10 AM »

Hi everyone, I am looking for a cheap fuzz and I know Lyric is selling Danelectro pedals for half price.

Just would like to know if anyone of you tried the following:
-Fab Fuzz (cheapest of them all)
-Cool Cat Fuzz V2
-French Toast (their take on Octave fuzz)

I would like to know especially the cool cat fuzz v2 (with DIP switches).

Thanks in advance!

The Cool Cat is very nice, although as with most fuzzes, you'll probably need to dime the mids on your amp for you to be heard in a band mix.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1351 on: December 18, 2015, 09:04:43 AM »

Hi everyone, I am looking for a cheap fuzz and I know Lyric is selling Danelectro pedals for half price.

-Cool Cat Fuzz V2

Thanks in advance!

The Cool Cat is very nice, although as with most fuzzes, you'll probably need to dime the mids on your amp for you to be heard in a band mix.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1352 on: December 18, 2015, 02:21:27 PM »

-Cool Cat Fuzz V2

Thanks in advance!
French toast for the win! its the Foxx machine clone !
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline putchazta_46

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1353 on: December 21, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »
Hi guys! Thanks for your inputs! Actually, I got the Cool Cat Fuzz CF-1 (first version) which I read a lot of good reviews in the net... I got to try the Fab Fuzz, French Toast, CC Fuzz CF-2 and the last stock of the CC Fuzz CF-1 in Lyric Alabang...

The Fab Fuzz is like an overdrive pedal, which I did not like.

I really love the French Toast! But it's a bit "farty" for the music we play. It gets a bit noisy when you increase the dist. level but I really didn't mind. Maybe if you're into the guitar sounds of Jack Black, you can experiment on this one.

I was not able to test the CF-2 thoroughly. I never had the chance to change the settings on the DIP switches inside (Nakakahiya na kasi mag-ingay haha). It actually sounded like a stock DS-1 to my ears on its current setting at that time...

The Cool Cat CF-1, which they say is the clone of the Peach Fuzz (haven't tried one), for me sounds like a distortion pedal as well. I tried lowering the tone knob to get that scooped sound. It's smooth, not that gnarly or "Hairy" as they describe other fuzz pedals. But I love how the gain cleans when you roll the guitar volume a bit. So I bought the pedal  :wave:

I am also going to try the Joyo Voodoo Octave Fuzz, and some Mooer fuzz clones, maybe after christmas... Maybe you can also recommend me some other cheap fuzz pedals to try. Thanks!

Offline putchazta_46

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1354 on: December 21, 2015, 10:06:49 AM »

IMHO, I'd prefer Behringer Super Fuzz for a cheap fuzz. You can switch from two modes of fuzzes and it has a booster option too.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have to pass on this one.. I just hate the foot switches on behringer pedals.  :eek:

Offline johnny_jackhammers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1355 on: December 23, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »
IMHO, I'd prefer Behringer Super Fuzz for a cheap fuzz. You can switch from two modes of fuzzes and it has a booster option too.

The Behringer Super Fuzz is actually a clone of the Boss Hyper Fuzz (FZ-2)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1356 on: December 23, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1357 on: December 24, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1358 on: December 28, 2015, 11:40:08 PM »
nice fuzz ! Gandy let me know if its for sale ! :-D :-D :-D

New fuzz day!
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1359 on: January 04, 2016, 02:51:42 PM »
Guys pano nyo ginagamit yung fuzz kung scooped / flat ang mids nya?
Tagal ko nang naiintriga, pero medyo nagugustuhn ko na yung tunog. Gusto ko lang maapply pag nasa band na.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1360 on: January 04, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »
^mapili sa amps ang fuzz. kung ganyan, mas babagay sya sa mga amps na may naturally strong mids. lulubog ka lang kung pipilitin mo sa scooped cleans. unless may dedicated tone control to somehow shape the EQ.

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1361 on: January 05, 2016, 01:19:56 AM »
^mapili sa amps ang fuzz. kung ganyan, mas babagay sya sa mga amps na may naturally strong mids. lulubog ka lang kung pipilitin mo sa scooped cleans. unless may dedicated tone control to somehow shape the EQ.

so maganda kunwari Marshall yung amp? Di na yun lulubog no? Or MAS-lulubog ba ang tunog pag nag engage ng fuzz?

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1362 on: January 05, 2016, 09:13:31 AM »
^matalas ang tunog hehehe. ewan ko lang sa ibang fuzz. tonebenders i think work great.

which reminds me, i usually use a dirt pedal - fuzzes, usually - to tune the cleans of an amp. i'd adjust the amp's eq until hindi na trebly harsh yung output with a fuzz on.

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1363 on: January 05, 2016, 04:09:48 PM »
^matalas ang tunog hehehe. ewan ko lang sa ibang fuzz. tonebenders i think work great.

which reminds me, i usually use a dirt pedal - fuzzes, usually - to tune the cleans of an amp. i'd adjust the amp's eq until hindi na trebly harsh yung output with a fuzz on.

Ahhh.. Nahhirapan ako mag decide kung bibili ako or hindi kasi baka lumubog ako sa banda haha! Pero gusto ko yung dynamics nya.

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1364 on: April 06, 2016, 07:34:30 AM »
Ahhh.. Nahhirapan ako mag decide kung bibili ako or hindi kasi baka lumubog ako sa banda haha! Pero gusto ko yung dynamics nya.
Why not get a fuzz without the scooped mids like a fuzzface or tonebender? Or get a muff with a mids control?
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline Riffonaut

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1365 on: April 06, 2016, 09:54:33 PM »
Get a nice equalizer pedal to tame the fuzz di ka magsisisi bro.

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1366 on: April 07, 2016, 07:42:16 PM »
Pharaoh Fuzz Clone - Pardon my Lousy Playing

Offline dirtybluesplayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1367 on: April 15, 2016, 01:32:31 AM »
Alot of fuzzman says, this fuzz is hard to use and tame, also lame. They say that it is stupid to use this onstage because of it's noisy behavior. Well I can say that this thing is useful in every music purpose. The technique is, before going onstage, make sure to bring your own desired presets that you know you need, and never ever tweak it onstage with the volume knob is on past 0. Sino ba namang [chewbacca] ang mag tutweak sa stage na naka on ang volume? Malamang maingay yan, and tip ko lang is magbaon kayo ng presets nyo na alam nyong tahimik, or vice versa. Naiinis lang ako sa mga hater nito, dahil lang sa maingay daw lol, kaya nga may noise gate eh.

Check out my very own FuzzFace setting
I'm a one eared musician, and yes I do exist.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1368 on: April 16, 2016, 08:38:27 AM »
Huhu gusto ko din ng Fat Fuzz Factory

Offline ajgg235

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1369 on: April 17, 2016, 08:30:02 PM »

Alot of fuzzman says, this fuzz is hard to use and tame, also lame. They say that it is stupid to use this onstage because of it's noisy behavior. Well I can say that this thing is useful in every music purpose. The technique is, before going onstage, make sure to bring your own desired presets that you know you need, and never ever tweak it onstage with the volume knob is on past 0. Sino ba namang [chewbacca] ang mag tutweak sa stage na naka on ang volume? Malamang maingay yan, and tip ko lang is magbaon kayo ng presets nyo na alam nyong tahimik, or vice versa. Naiinis lang ako sa mga hater nito, dahil lang sa maingay daw lol, kaya nga may noise gate eh.

Check out my very own FuzzFace setting
Bro, I tried a Fuzz Factory once.. Pero parang wala akong nahanap na setting na hindi sya nag feed back without the Noise Gate maxed, may setting ba siya na little feedback (or yung hindi Oa) na little lang yung gate na ginamit? Thanks! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Les Paul is Like potato chips, you can't just have one.

Offline dirtybluesplayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1370 on: April 18, 2016, 01:31:07 AM »
Bro, I tried a Fuzz Factory once.. Pero parang wala akong nahanap na setting na hindi sya nag feed back without the Noise Gate maxed, may setting ba siya na little feedback (or yung hindi Oa) na little lang yung gate na ginamit? Thanks! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually marami, i'll give you one. Try to maxout the stab and tweak the drive together with the comp, but off yung gate.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1371 on: April 21, 2016, 04:39:06 PM »
may fuzzfactory clone ako..yun lang fuzz ko sinasabayan ko ng octave...ok naman...syempre may timpla ka nga dapat..di ko pa nagagamit live onstage though...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1372 on: June 06, 2016, 01:09:07 PM »
Sharing a fuzz I recently acquired. Being a Joe Bonamassa fan, this was pretty much a no brainer. I would have wanted the "bigger" version which can only be powered by a battery, but it's size and power limitations made it less versatile for me to be mounted on a pedalboard.

So I opted for the mini version which was more space friendly and can be powered by a 9Vdc PSU. Having played with the fuzz for some time, I found input and output jacks a bit awkwardly placed for my big patch cables. Haha. So I had the pedal recased by PIE Custom Electronics in a rectangular enclosure where the round PCB would fit just right. Input and out jacks were still top mounted as per the original, but they're not angled and now more pedalboard friendly. The black hammertone finish looks crazy awesome! PIE badge at the corner is a plus. No labels and decals for simplicity is great.

I've only tried a handful of fuzz pedals and most of them, I did not like.. except for a Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver which was super nice. I'm not a big fuzz fan but this germanium fuzz works for my HB-equipped guitars. Fat sounding fuzz.

Offline dirtybluesplayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1373 on: December 15, 2016, 01:53:16 AM »
Nagsawa ako sa mga branded Fuzz ko. Any fuzz pedal builders here? Let's experiment and collab  :cool:

Offline dewberry

« Reply #1374 on: December 16, 2016, 12:17:50 AM »
My first Fuzz DOD Carcosa! I 'm always fascinated  with fuzz especially when I realize that  Smashing Pumpkins and Fu Manchu use fuzz and actually many of my favorite rock tunes.  But I never tried buying it because of lack of funds and I prioritize distortion & od pedals more.

I love experimenting with it's bias knob and for that splat goodness.   :-D