hulika

Author Topic: Mother Earth reunion sa Strumms?  (Read 7440 times)

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
Mother Earth reunion sa Strumms?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 03:46:46 PM »
:D what happen to the reunion kwento naman or video  dyan :D

Offline Boddhisattva

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 04:01:13 PM »
I enjoyed it immensely. I'm sure 3650guy did too. He was nodding his head to the tempo the whole time. He also caught some on video with his N phone.

I was in awe, not only of Louie Ocampo (understandable) but of Joey Puyat and his Carlton-sounding 335 and the saxman Alvin Cornista - a rare gem of a sax/flute player. We came home at 1:30 am after ME's 2 sets.
Give it all you\'ve got, but slowly - Chuck Mangione

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »
apparently the singers (Anita Celdran, Cherry Osmena) were partly responsible for reorganizing the reunion so there was an Assumption crowd and also Ateneans and Lasallites.

program for the night included bossanova versions of "rock with you" and "staying alive", a couple of covers from the dubious Starbucks compilation CD (forgot the titles), "like a lover" and "put a little love away" (S. Mendes).

opening number i think was "the chicken" which was recapped also, Return to Forever covers also with Harry Tambuatco sitting in on drums. couple of blues numbers to even out the material and also Louie Ocampo originals and a bluesier reworking of "si Aida o si Lorna o si Fe" to round out the lineup.  yeah "Spain' (return to forever version) was the last song.

Louie O. and Colby dela Calzada. were quite at home on stage whilst, Joey Puyat and Koko B. and also Alvin C. were keeping tabs at the charts (Presumably Louie O's. areglo and also printouts)...

of course i was kinda hoping for some light fusion grooves or something but okay na...

i think Louie O. was using the stock sounds on the RD700 piano but hey he was doing blistering runs on weighted keys!!  my question is what is the gadget he is using (metronome?) which i see always perched on the keyboard whenever I see him on TV, and how does he do patch changes when both hands are planted on the keyboard? (volume pedal with switches?) > nga pala electone champ siya so he really has fast fingers playing and pressing on those buttons sa keyboard...

oh and definitely keep an eye out for Koko Bermejo and Alvin C.

any errors or omissions please add na lang...

nga pala parang meron din mga bagets sa crowd... some of them reacted when one of the singers made a reference to one of the songs played at the Embassy....

spotted was Bobby Tylo (with philppine idol crew t-shirt), Vicki Belo, Paul Toledo etc.  although the crowd thinned out later

great night, great musicianship...
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2006, 07:24:39 PM »
Quote from: 3650guy
first smartphone was a 3650 (still my fave though) then a 3230 then finally a N80. so you were still posting from a pc using your n80 for internet connectivity right? or you actually typed on the n80?

Ah no, I connected to the Net from my laptop using the N80 as a 3G modem. I used the data cable and Nokia data suite. 384kbps, not bad at all. P20/hr! parang cheap cybercafe ang bayad.

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2006, 07:57:20 PM »
hhmmm i think i'd better try it too... with the charger plugged in of course..384kbps is better than dial up he he...
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline Boddhisattva

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2006, 08:01:49 PM »
Louie O also has a rack where he pushes some buttons from time to time...  but same question, how does he change patches from piano to hammond w/out lifting his fingers off the keys? I guarded his foot but also did not see anything unusual since the pedal there is a volume pedal... umhh.

Sandra Lim Viray was also there inviting everyone to support the 2nd International Jazz Festival with Flora Purim and Airto + Al Jarreau coming. this she says would be in February.
Give it all you\'ve got, but slowly - Chuck Mangione