hulika

Author Topic: Careers in audio?  (Read 1792 times)

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
Careers in audio?
« on: June 09, 2015, 05:59:00 PM »
Can someone shed some light on careers on audio engineering in the country? is it as good/bad as starting up your own business and fighting an uphill battle?

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Careers in audio?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 02:55:01 PM »
is it as good/bad as starting up your own business and fighting an uphill battle?
Yes

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 03:20:38 PM »
Subscribed!

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »
Can someone shed some light on careers on audio engineering in the country? is it as good/bad as starting up your own business and fighting an uphill battle?

I don't know anything about audio engineering careers here, but I'm sure the demand is very small, and very specialized (I imagine you'd actually need to be a legit engineer and do the maths on sound waves instead of a guy who knows to man the console), or doesn't actually require you to be an audio engineer. I can say though it is highly possible that starting a business from scratch is easier.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 06:40:29 PM »
is running a small home studio more practical? given na syempre na it might not be on par with professional level quality, but done right it will still be decent right?

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 12:07:04 PM »
I do home recording just for the love of music. I actually offer free recording to some of my favorite bands. For money making, I guess I have more luck in sound equipment rentals.

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 04:28:09 PM »
i guess that settles it then haha

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 09:48:44 AM »
is running a small home studio more practical? given na syempre na it might not be on par with professional level quality, but done right it will still be decent right?

yeah that's more practical, but even then, that's still more of being a recordist than an audio engineer. Jorel Corpus is one of the newer guys in the field that actually do engineering and also man the consoles. But he's US based na, and the kind of work he does rarely exists here.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline dimasalang

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 01:08:08 PM »

Check out Into Entropy Records. Home based, manned by Ralph Pulgar. Check out his productions and samplers. It is considerable to be at par with professional quality.

Or you can check this song, recorded in my house:
https://soundcloud.com/koy-cortez/anthurium-preacher
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:10:54 PM by dimasalang »