PhilMusic.com Announcements & Feedback > Forum Inquiries & Suggestions

Site Upgrade *merged*

<< < (44/45) > >>

Riff_6603:

--- Quote from: rockophoria on August 05, 2012, 02:14:11 PM ---yep, I believe we need a mix resource for development as this is not "App-Specific" alone.. it will require connection to the main server that hosts the forum website.. thus we need the logic to translate all command/connections from the Mobile Application to be recognized by the server.. I dont know if we will create new "command parameters" so that the server will identify if the request is from the "mobile app" or "the main forum site".. this way we will be able to control the application's "limited features" akin to he main site's complete browser-based features.

I recommend an iOS Application Developer (XCode and Objective C / C++) and a Web Developer (HTML5/XHTML/CSS, ASP/PHP with Server-Side Scripting knowledge) unless the Application Developer has "Web Development" background (specially the attributes above) he will need the assistance and server knowledge of the web developer.

Oh an API Developer as well

:-D :-D

--- End quote ---

Web developers are easy to find. as for the App and API guys well.. ^-^

rockophoria:

--- Quote from: Riff_6603 on August 06, 2012, 07:37:57 PM ---Web developers are easy to find. as for the App and API guys well.. ^-^

--- End quote ---

oh thats the problem.. as you can see the web developer would only act as a "consultant" on the server side if ever.. but if you are going to ask me the API Developer and XCode Developer is enough to build this application..

I just want to make sure we have all the right persons in tow.. the web developer is just a "contingency plan" in the event the API Developer is a little "green" enough to translate the programming interface of PM.. (which I doubt because he would not an API Dev if he cant)..  :-D

Jim Ayson:

--- Quote from: rockophoria on August 10, 2012, 01:43:21 AM ---oh thats the problem.. as you can see the web developer would only act as a "consultant" on the server side if ever.. but if you are going to ask me the API Developer and XCode Developer is enough to build this application..

I just want to make sure we have all the right persons in tow.. the web developer is just a "contingency plan" in the event the API Developer is a little "green" enough to translate the programming interface of PM.. (which I doubt because he would not an API Dev if he cant)..  :-D

--- End quote ---

Rockophoria are you stil around?? Would like to see what you have done so far.

So far we have gone using the Tapatalk route - they handle forums very well. It's also possible to create a custom app using their API but there are API licensing costs. Would like to see if we can do other forms of apps, not forum related.

rockophoria:

--- Quote from: Jim Ayson on January 16, 2013, 02:00:17 PM ---Rockophoria are you stil around?? Would like to see what you have done so far.

So far we have gone using the Tapatalk route - they handle forums very well. It's also possible to create a custom app using their API but there are API licensing costs. Would like to see if we can do other forms of apps, not forum related.

--- End quote ---

Hi Sir Jim, I have temporarily halted the design proposal for a PhilMusic native application as I also agree that Tapatalk does the trick pretty good already.. so what I have posted here so far are the latest designs regarding the said proposal.  :)

And yes I also design UX for mobile applications both on my dayjob and sideline projects.. I have a few free applications available in the apple appstore already and I have another one coming soon.  :-D

Jim Ayson:
what are your apps in the app store? would like to check em out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version