hulika

Author Topic: jingle magazine  (Read 6068 times)

Offline audio deft

jingle magazine
« on: April 03, 2010, 09:38:53 PM »
anu ba nangyari sa jingle magazine? alam ko madami sa inyo, tulad ko, ang natuto sa pag tugtog ng gitara dahil sa pagbasa ng jingle magazine. so anu nga ba ang nangyari at bigla sila nawala? alam ko nung early 90's meron pa itong circulation. or meron pa bang jingle magazine ngayon?..... pwede din kayo magshare about your fond memories of this "songhits"... institusyon na din to na maituturing..... na immortalize na din ng sandwich to sa awit nilang "betamax"

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: jingle magazine
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:03:51 AM »
Jingle Magazine started in 1971 and had a run of 152 chapters. it was run by the Guillermo family who had various positions in this magazine. Guilbert Guillermo was the original editor and chief and most of his ideas did help into making Jingle chordbook maazine. it succeded so much that other Jingle Clan publications like Jingle Keys, Jingle Organ, Jingle extra, JIngle Beatles songbook, Jingle Bells and lastly was Jingle extra hot. In which they ventured into a showbiz/entertainment magazine.

somehow (not sure ha) Gilbert faded out of Jingle and the rest of his siblings are still publishing Jingle content under the name of "Jackpot Publications" eto ata yung mga "Best of Jingle vol xx".

i grew up with Jingle magazine and its publications and all i can say is that they were cutting edge and all writers and contributors, graphics guys were ahead of their time. and also with DZRJ and other recording companies they were part of the success of how Pinoy Rock and other original Pinoy music came into popularity.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 08:07:10 AM by 3650guy »
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline pauldavid_7

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »

i grew up with Jingle magazine and its publications and all i can say is that they were cutting edge and all writers and contributors, graphics guys were ahead of their time. and also with DZRJ and other recording companies they were part of the success of how Pinoy Rock and other original Pinoy music came into popularity.

+1000000

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »

that Folk, Rock and Rhythm songhits are gold and syempre yung Red Beatles Songbook  :wink:
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian