hulika

Author Topic: TASCAM 224 help  (Read 5154 times)

Offline geetar_geek79

• Forum Fanatic
Re: TASCAM 224 help
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 04:43:18 PM »
....thanks pre.....good thing I haven't purchase the FW 1082 yet....I'm asking around the Cakewalk forums which firewire is good for Cakewalk.....would you happen to know of any?

I heard this one is the best....

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-RME-FIREFACE.html#

Awww.  That's a lot of money.  But who am I to judge pricing considering I own a Herbert...  lol!!!! :lol:

That's really pro level, Phil, at 192khz sampling, but I think you should go for the FW1082 for a more "hands-on" feel.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 01:53:46 AM »
....thanks pre.....good thing I haven't purchase the FW 1082 yet....I'm asking around the Cakewalk forums which firewire is good for Cakewalk.....would you happen to know of any?

Awww.  That's a lot of money.  But who am I to judge pricing considering I own a Herbert...  lol!!!! :lol:

That's really pro level, Phil, at 192khz sampling, but I think you should go for the FW1082 for a more "hands-on" feel.
I'm kindda staying away from TASCAM now since their are a lot reports that it doesn't pair well with Cakewalk software...and I ONLY use Cakewalk. And I have a couple of problems with it too....using my NEW DELL computer.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 03:34:11 AM »
Phil,

I read that the deadly combination right now is the Intel 915 chipset plus tascam asio drivers and any version of Sonar. Look for CPUID or CPU-Z to help you identify the chipset of your Dell. In any event, I've read that the usb tascams are the problematic ones with asio and sonar. Will let you know if I find anything on their firewire interfaces.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 08:53:52 AM »
Phil,

I read that the deadly combination right now is the Intel 915 chipset plus tascam asio drivers and any version of Sonar. Look for CPUID or CPU-Z to help you identify the chipset of your Dell. In any event, I've read that the usb tascams are the problematic ones with asio and sonar. Will let you know if I find anything on their firewire interfaces.
yeah thanks Kit. Pero the FW-1082 interface nga .....may ASIO driver di right?

Just to make sure I'm gonna run that program to identify the chip in my computer.

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 12:59:55 PM »

I'm kindda staying away from TASCAM now since their are a lot reports that it doesn't pair well with Cakewalk software...and I ONLY use Cakewalk. And I have a couple of problems with it too....using my NEW DELL computer.

Tascam has problems with a VIA chipset...don't use ASIO if you're using Cakewalk...I prefer using WDM for Tascam and Sonar...try to avoid connecting other USB devices like Ipod, phones, usb hdd, etc...agawan sila kasi ng bandwidth sa USB...mouse puede...

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 01:07:24 PM »

Tascam has problems with a VIA chipset...don't use ASIO if you're using Cakewalk...I prefer using WDM for Tascam and Sonar...try to avoid connecting other USB devices like Ipod, phones, usb hdd, etc...agawan sila kasi ng bandwidth sa USB...mouse puede...
then why do they make computers with multiple USB ports?

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 02:45:33 PM »

para marami ka ikabit...yun ang downside ng USB...yung 480Mbps eh nahahati din unlike yung firewire which is 400Mbps eh solo naman niya...kaya for multimedia apps eh mas maganda pa rin ang firewire...

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 12:43:28 AM »
kaya maraming USB ports para pde mo pagsabay sabayin isaksak USB keyboars, USB mouse, USB webcam, USB drives at the same time... ako naka USB mouse and Keyboard ako at may webcam ako na USB din