hulika

Author Topic: Any didgeridoo players here?  (Read 5382 times)

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
Any didgeridoo players here?
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:18:05 PM »
My dad once brought home a didgeridoo from Australia, to be used as a home decor. Knowing it was an instrument, and perfectly playable despite being made for tourists, I took it and tried to play it. I can play one note and make it growl, but not much else. From what I gather, it works a lot like a trumpet, except it's made fro a giant hollow branch.

Meron ba dyan na may didge, o marunong tumugtog? Interesting kasi, sayang naman!
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Any didgeridoo players here?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »
I do. Been playing for a few years now.  I used to have 4 but now I've downsized to a smaller one.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »
That's a nice looking didge! Any tips for a beginner? And any technique material (videos, books) you can point me to? Thanks!
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »
Thanks!  I love this didge.  I used to have bigger ones but they are too heavy to carry. 

You can check out youtube videos and articles on the web.  IMO they pretty much say the same thing:  that you should make an air tight seal around the mouth piece and blow in such a way that your lips vibrate.  Like when you make farting sounds.  With circular breathing, a bit complicated to explain.  It takes practice to learn it, but once you get it you will never forget it.

What's your didge?  :) pics please hehehe