hulika

Author Topic: Fender Champion 100 (math-rock/post-rock)  (Read 1217 times)

Offline eiuolopez

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Fender Champion 100 (math-rock/post-rock)
« on: October 20, 2018, 12:52:42 AM »
Hello!

Thoughts about Fender Champion 100 for clean tonezz. Math-rock/post-rock genre. Bands like: Tom's Story, tide/edit, Toe, Just Neighbors, This will Destroy you etc.

Okay kaya to for live gig setting and for recording as well? Recommendation of other amps within the Fender Champion 100 price range will be highly appreciated too.

Thanks!

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Fender Champion 100 (math-rock/post-rock)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 02:33:46 AM »
Meron akong Champion 100. Clean tones are glorious especially pag ginamit mo yung built-in effects. Pero it's digital solid-state clean sound...as in pure undistorted tone. Pero hindi ko pa nasubukan lumampas ng 5 sa volume kasi sobrang lakas nya. Pwede na sya pang live gig i think.

Kung ang hinahanap mo naman ay clean na may kaunting dirt or medyo "edge of breakup" tube tone, well i wouldn't recommend the Champion 100 to you. Hindi rin sya dirt pedal (OD/Boost/Distortion) friendly amp. Other pedals should sound fine. I'm not familiar with the bands that you've mentioned pero i use the clean sound when i play funk/r&b/motown tunes.

Prices should be around 15-20K depending on the condition.  :)
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 02:51:23 AM »
The question is kinda vague for me pero if your choice is SS amp with glorious cleans and pedal friendly, Roland JC120 is the answer. However, the price range doesn't match. So I suggest trying out this amps: Boss Katana, Peavey 212 Chorus, Blackstar ID core. I'm not sure which of them have the "bang" for your ears so have them tried out first.

Tip: most of the bands you have mentioned are delay and reverb addicts so have your pedals with you when trying out those amps.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 02:53:41 AM by nicoyow »
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 06:07:26 AM »
Im pretty sure pasok si Yvette Young (Covet) sa math rock genre and she's using Vox AC4TV on some of her videos. I know it's a small amp but you can consider its bigger brothers.  :)
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:47:36 PM »
Orange CR60. Roland JC40, Quilter 101 Mini. All of them take pedals incredibly well.

It's a great time to go solid state.

My band has mathy sections from time to time and we mostly get our sound from pedals too. Our guitar player uses an Orange CR120, and I use a Quilter Tone Block 201 through a 2x12".
Offset guitars for life.