hulika

Author Topic: The Right Amp  (Read 21405 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The Right Amp
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »
Just believe who you trust.

You cannot trust someone without experience.  Will you ride a plane with an inexperienced pilot?

Remember the Alice in Wonderland problem?

"The dodo says the hatter tells lies. The hatter says the march hare tells lies.  And the march hare says that both the dodo and the hatter tell lies.  Who tells the truth?"

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
Why dont we all just go and ask the old wise man who lives in a cave :lol:
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2007, 03:40:10 PM »

Not to be contrary, baka tayong lahat ang nasa cave at may ibang konting tao na nasa labas ng cave na mas nakakaalam.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »
if you choose to be a "critic" of any sort...

you gotta have street cred...

you guys think firemodel has any street cred?

I think Alex should start producing albums.  I believe he has that potential. Maybe that can add a little cred...

By the way, his name always appears in thank you lists in many pro released CDs. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:49:47 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2007, 04:06:13 PM »
Anong mahirap dun sa believe who you trust? Will you believe someone you don't trust? If you trust the person, it means he has established his credibility to you.
Surf's Up!

Offline cowboi_way

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2007, 04:06:52 PM »
LUBOTON NAKO NA SI OAS!!!
fender standard strat (standard lang)squire by fender strat cali (crap)fender fm 25dsp (crappy)marshall ms-2r (great sounding amp, cool od)yamaha fx370c (ok na rin)kahon - maestro ( nakita sa mag used by escueta)line 6 - floor pod ( yeah  ! )
fender-dc60

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »
Anong mahirap dun sa believe who you trust? Will you believe someone you don't trust? If you trust the person, it means he has established his credibility to you.

Ang mahirap ay paano himayin ang mga sinasabi ng iba-ibang tao para malaman kung sino ang dapat pagkatiwalaan.  INC ba o ADD?  :lol: Parang ganun.

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2007, 04:29:17 PM »
Well, that's a different story. But as I said, key word is credibility. Who has more credibility to you? There's no wrong answer. It's you choice anyway. You can always change your mind. It's part of the learning experience.
Surf's Up!

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2007, 06:52:59 PM »
Alex -- I mean no offense... but you are nowhere near the caliber of a Cliff Cultreri who people can or should really listen to.  I'm sure your passion about this has made you very knowledgeable through the years... but don't get upset if people hesitate to believe you because you're still a nobody in many people's eyes. 

Bluenote -- I think your responses to Alex are more out of frustration and its understandable.  But I will have to agree with the other guy and say that you don't have to be a gigging musician to be a source of credible opinion.

This is exactly my point Alex. Even if you have the best gear in the world you still have yet to experiece things in the real world...

PRS Man, I didnt say that you have to be a gigging  musician to be credible... What I was saying was you at least have to have experienced things first hand in a practical situation before you give any recomendations... Atleast be a knowledgable musician who actualy plays an instrument... Eh as Alex said he is not a musician nor is he a sound engineer or a guitar tech... From my point of view he is a collector with too much doe on his hands. Parang ang dating kc nya eh tone guru kung makapag suggest ng kung ano ano parang mas marunong sa lahat...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:40:46 PM by bluenote »

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2007, 06:54:42 PM »
Ang mahirap ay paano himayin ang mga sinasabi ng iba-ibang tao para malaman kung sino ang dapat pagkatiwalaan.  INC ba o ADD?  :lol: Parang ganun.

Amen! hehehe  :-D

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline reps

« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2007, 08:45:57 PM »
Maybe he's a reverb expert.  :lol:
feedback is your friend

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »
The Right Amp

--RAGE amp!

ok we're done...paki-close na po ang thread.

thank you.

:lol:

Offline sidlead66

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2008, 10:06:09 PM »
wanted to post this here... kinda reviving the thread... ano po magandang amp na halagang 10k to 15k... good overdrive.. good kahit outdoor (madinig lang ng drummer at bassist)... at lightweight... hmmm

di ko sure pero parang natutukso ako sa mga behringer eh... is 30watts good enough? talking about the line 6 spider III 30 :evil:
www.soundclick.com/sidpablo<br /><br />\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Sidlead66\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" on Youtube :)

Offline chupao

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »
mga sirs alam niyo po ba kung anung amp bagay sakin

kasi i need an amp good for distorted and overdrive tone and clean tones

kasi halo halo tugtug ko hee hee

single coil sound , to chug chug and single coil overdrive prefer

anu kayang bagay na amp mga sirs

salamat !!

appreciate anyones suggestions and opinions :-D :-D

Offline peter_alistair

• Netizen Level
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:35 PM »
Ang concern ko with amps and gigging is unless may kotse ako palagi at may kasamang dalawang tao para magbuhat, mahirap dalhin ang amp sa gig.

So i bought a ZT Lunchbox amp. :)

Offline niko062

« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2010, 07:17:55 PM »
mga sirs alam niyo po ba kung anung amp bagay sakin

kasi i need an amp good for distorted and overdrive tone and clean tones

kasi halo halo tugtug ko hee hee

single coil sound , to chug chug and single coil overdrive prefer

anu kayang bagay na amp mga sirs

salamat !!

appreciate anyones suggestions and opinions :-D :-D

Try bogner shiva, yun nga lang medyo expensive.. pero over all amp, wala pa ako narinig na katulad nun. yung clean parang fender black face, yung overdrive parang marshall jcm 800 tapos may tube gain/volume boost, so parang 3 chanel amp na sha, may tank reverb pa. yun ang target amp ko, vintage sounding boutique amp.

kung ndi naman, mag modeling amp ka. yung spider valve ng line 6. pero personally ndi ako fan ng modeling amps.

Offline arvinjackbensanfelix

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2013, 06:23:26 PM »
hmmm. mga sir, s tingin nyo, what brand of amplifier are meant for slow rock styles?

..sorry po i'm new in this forum. :D

Offline ybab_10tsepmet

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2013, 07:15:43 PM »
most gig situations sa pinas where it can be a small club full of black shirts or a basketball court somewhere
ok na ba ung blackstar ht club 40? or peavey bandit 112?
napanuod ko ang Queso sa laguna eh tas parang un ata gamit ni ocho o ht stage 60
pero parang kaya na sa wattage

mahirap nga kasi pag aasa lang sa amps na basag na ang speakers..kahit anung pihit...nit-pu na!
erutufoneesseyedaed