hulika

Author Topic: The "deltaslim vs. firemodel55" thread  (Read 29526 times)

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
The "deltaslim vs. firemodel55" thread
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 09:50:19 PM »
Guys can I charge entrance? The entrance fee is not for the studio but rather for beers and pizza! Whole day event to eh. De EB and hang out narin. I hope i dont lose anything ... i just wanna join for fun :D

Pound, Ill help you bring in your amp.. you know how to reach me! Im bringing in a duende. Should be here by december. :D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 09:53:19 PM »
If the variables are not constant, what's the point in the shootout ? Are you bashing two guitars together or two separate signal paths, all with differing variables ?

Exactly. That's what I've been saying. Dapat nga mag A/B/Y box eh -- 2 gtrs to the same amp. And guess in who's favor the 'terms and conditions' of the test is going?  ;-)

Similarly you'll have to decide first. Is this a tone shootout or is it a player shootout ? Of course these will have different rubrics for judging.

Well, he's the one who said he's got better hands than me.  I guess he's got the tone in his fingers, so we'll see.

Otherwise, it will all just be a waste of time. I don't know you too well Alex. But Joric, I do know you're too smart to not know this :D

Thanks, Jobet.  I made the same point in earlier posts. 

I'm starting to think if I'm just stooping down too low to his level.  It's silly that I'm still up typing at night when I could be playing with my kids...

Pero sige lang ! Sayang looks like I won't be invited, but sure, humor yourselves and have a ball guys.

If I could I would invite you and the PIMP posse, as well as Kit, Erick, etc.  But Alex says he gets to invite who comes in cuz he's the one with the fat wallet that can afford that much premium studio time.  I'm not the type who invites other people if it's not my party or my house, especially as a courtesy to mister Shinjin, whom I respect but haven't met personally.  :-)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:00:10 PM by deltaslim »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 09:54:22 PM »
Hay.

Haha... that says it all!

OT: Bro, did you get my PM/email re Rob Tognoni?  I hope that's useful in making your decision, one way or the other.

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 09:55:06 PM »
Uy gusto ko manood dito! Or can somebody capture the event on video so we can all watch it via youtube?

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 09:56:39 PM »
Rock n' Roll (ala Pepe Smith)!  :evil:
Surf's Up!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2007, 10:01:52 PM »
Uy gusto ko manood dito! Or can somebody capture the event on video so we can all watch it via youtube?

Sorry, sir. Friends lang daw ni Alex Gomez pwedeng manood cuz he's paying for it.

Bayaan mo, if and when Alex shows up in a gig for a live shootout, we'll video it and post on youtube.  I'm sure he won't mind cuz he's sure he's got superior tone and hands e.

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2007, 10:04:11 PM »

You want public access?  Thats why we will record.

Uh-oh, so now this is a recording shootout?  Eh di mag-POD na lang ako?!  LOL!  Ever heard of live music played by a band on a stage in front of people?  Whatever happened to that?  Ang galing galing mo pa naman magpaka-critic ng mga gigs ko dati.

eh sir, how will non invited/can't go anyway people like me listen  :|

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2007, 10:11:45 PM »
Hay.

Haha... that says it all!

OT: Bro, did you get my PM/email re Rob Tognoni?  I hope that's useful in making your decision, one way or the other.

I got it man, super thanks. I'm just stabilizing my finances and stuff as well as convincing the significant bother that I NEED it (nathanmanansala, I'll use your line ha: "my needs are similar/congruent to my wants)".   :)

Thanks, super helpful yung link. You and your plastic-sounding modelers. Pweh. :P :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:14:54 PM by titser_marco »
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2007, 10:16:16 PM »
Pound, Ill help you bring in your amp.. you know how to reach me! Im bringing in a duende. Should be here by december. :D

Yebah, now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks in advance for that, man. Or if you wanna sell your Shiva soon... hmmmm :evil:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
BAMF,

Come over too...  I guess its really simple now, who gets the most claps or votes wins... No other criteria.  Its really the perfect integration of player into tone, technique, inspiration and soul.  Kung Kanya Kanya kasi ang claim, no other way but to get the most claps or votes.

Thanks. I'll block my calendar. I'll be there for the show...but as for the true value or rather true meaning of this experience...let me fence-sit that one for now.

See you guys !
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »
Uh-oh, so now this is a recording shootout?  Eh di mag-POD na lang ako?!  LOL!  Ever heard of live music played by a band on a stage in front of people?  Whatever happened to that?  Ang galing galing mo pa naman magpaka-critic ng mga gigs ko dati.
you'll have to settle for second hand, jaundiced, meanderings of people who stepped outside kasi the playing got too loud. :-D

I got it man, super thanks. I'm just stabilizing my finances and stuff as well as convincing the significant bother that I NEED it (nathanmanansala, I'll use your line ha: "my needs are similar/congruent to my wants)".   :)
use it, twist it, abuse it. its free. :-D

Offline Black Dog

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2007, 10:33:35 PM »

Sorry, sir. Friends lang daw ni Alex Gomez pwedeng manood cuz he's paying for it.

Bayaan mo, if and when Alex shows up in a gig for a live shootout, we'll video it and post on youtube.  I'm sure he won't mind cuz he's sure he's got superior tone and hands e.

just my piece....
Man, I'll pay for the whole thing in order for those who's interested to judge for themselves who's the better of the two.... and why Dec? by that time all this stuff is all but forgotten. Let's get it on guys while its smoking hot!

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »
Ako uuwi pa ng Manila para lang manood... NOT!   :-D  Wish I could though, not to watch the shootout but just to meet all the fun characters here at Philmusic!

Most exciting thread in the recent times...  :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2007, 10:43:59 PM »
you'll have to settle for second hand, jaundiced, meanderings of people who stepped outside kasi the playing got too loud. :-D

use it, twist it, abuse it. its free. :-D

Yeah. And then there's the studio equipment to blame. And miking techniques. And mikes. And room acoustics. And cables. And EQ. And the recording engineer. A whole new gamut of variables.

I was eager to go, if only for the "museum exhibit". But again, putting in my worthless 2c of thought...isn't something amiss here ? If Alex pays, and gets to control the guest list, then the criteria for judging is lakas ng palakpak, then...I dunno guys. Let's just quit calling it a shootout. Let's just call it a show di ba ? And let the audience just have their opinions about it.

I'll be there for the show.

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2007, 10:46:57 PM »
hey black dog ... who you? Intro naman. :D

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2007, 10:53:37 PM »
Im bringing in a duende. Should be here by december. :D

Duende?  Flat ang ulo para may patungan ng beer, bungi para walang sabit, at malaki ang tenga para may hawakan?

Corny ako I know...  :-D

Offline Black Dog

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2007, 10:59:10 PM »
hey black dog ... who you? Intro naman. :D

just a casual observer man.... :lol:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2007, 11:10:35 PM »
Most exciting thread in the recent times...  :-D

Nalintekan na -- just revisited this thread and yikes!!! Sabit pa kami dito!

O sige -- let me add fuel to the fire at deltaslim's suggestion:

Blue Rats at Hobbit House tomorrow, friday night, 17 august:

• The 2 protagonists come and sit in with us -- a neutral band -- for a few songs.
• Baker B3 vs. Whatever.
• Choices from the Blue Rats' amps, which neither protagonist has:
   - Low Gain: Fender '59 Bassman RI
   - Medium Gain: Matchless Brave (40w EL34 1x12 with gain knob and master volume)
   - High Gain: Mesa Boogie Mark IIb
• No "stacking" of the audience by any of protagonists "paying for it" -- everybody welcome to neutral ground.
• No unfair performance advantage by "stacking" of the song choices by "familiar" bands.
• Videocams welcome.
• "Live" is the context, but recorders welcome.
• Audience is the judge.
• Strike "while the iron is hot", ika nga.
• 1st set is at 10:30, but duellers get there early to work out sequence with the Rats.
• Venue comes complete with duende(s).  :-D

It's an open offer...... Let us know.  8-)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2007, 11:40:42 PM »
Improv ! One I-IV-V pattern in a preset key. 30 minutes per player. First guy who sounds monotonous is the loser. O kaya, both players on at the same time, sagutan ! O di ba ?

Isn't a slide an unfair advantage ? Maybe not. Bahala na, but it seems like a good idea.

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2007, 12:10:31 AM »
pwede ba ko sumali?

ill be on stage like this!

<<<-----------------
playin' Carlos Santana- EUROPA

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2007, 12:23:49 AM »
Improv ! One I-IV-V pattern in a preset key. 30 minutes per player. First guy who sounds monotonous is the loser. O kaya, both players on at the same time, sagutan ! O di ba ?

Isn't a slide an unfair advantage ? Maybe not. Bahala na, but it seems like a good idea.

Aba... eh di magiging na tong parang si Ralph at Steve sa Crossroads di ba?   :-D

Offline IncX

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2007, 12:49:45 AM »
BRING A VIDEO CAM!!!

this is philmusic history!!!

its like the match between sakuraba and royce gracie... ang daming rules!!! and grabe ang excitement!

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2007, 01:55:16 AM »
If one of you hot shot engineers (I hereby volunteer Jepoy) can record this so-called tone shoot out, provide audio commentary, and edit the whole thing down to  10-15 minutes, I would like to insert this into Episode #3 of the PhilMusic Podcast.

Man you gee-tar players are an endless source of mirth and amusement.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 01:57:10 AM by Jim Ayson »
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2007, 02:22:47 AM »

very well said indeed sir, haha! and I was just playing neverwinter nights 2 kanina as a bard! :lol:

anyway I'd like to see this too!UPD boys punta tayo hehe. :lol:

at oo nga pala, nakita ko to sa classifieds
http://musoland.com.cn/
baka nandiyan ang pinakdabest and special guitar in the whole wide universe hehe. :-P :-P :-P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 02:27:16 AM by fraudulentzodiac »

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2007, 02:37:02 AM »
If one of you hot shot engineers (I hereby volunteer Jepoy) can record this so-called tone shoot out, provide audio commentary, and edit the whole thing down to  10-15 minutes, I would like to insert this into Episode #3 of the PhilMusic Podcast.

whoah! why me? hehehe... skunkyfunk claims that he's more worthy in terms of guitar tone recording... let him do it (huy doj wag pikon ha ehhehehe)
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]