hulika

Author Topic: Behringer Parent Company buys MIDAS and Klark Teknik  (Read 1288 times)

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
Behringer Parent Company buys MIDAS and Klark Teknik
« on: December 09, 2009, 05:33:52 PM »
http://www.behringer.de/EN/Our-Story/Midas-and-Klark-Teknik-Join-the-Music-Group.aspx

As of 08 December 2009

MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK Join the MUSIC Group

Two of the Most Iconic Brands Join the BEHRINGER Parent

We are delighted to announce that the MUSIC Group (www.music-group.net) has signed an agreement to acquire MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK. The deal is scheduled to be completed by January 31st 2010. The two Iconic brands fit in well within the Group’s existing portfolio and will address high-end application requirements.

With over 40 years of successful history, both MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK are legendary brands, offering the very "best of breed" products.

MIDAS has been designing and manufacturing live performance analogue and digital audio mixing consoles for the world's most demanding live sound engineers, performers and production rental companies since the early 1970s.
The award winning XL8 continues to grace the World’s most high-profile shows and installations.  In its first year, the award-winning PRO6 digital mixing console has sold more units than the industry standard Heritage 3000 did in the same period of time. The PRO6 and is now a familiar name within global touring riders.

KLARK TEKNIK is best known for its revolutionary DN360 Graphic Equalizers, which put a new level of power and accuracy into the hands of the world’s most accomplished audio engineers. From their early analogue roots, KLARK TEKNIK has become a leader in the design and manufacture of touring-grade digital signal processing and recording products. Their products are found in touring sound systems, performing arts centres and high-profile installations worldwide.

Robert Mulatz, Senior Vice President of BOSCH Communications Systems, states: "The MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK brands have always epitomized the highest possible performance and reliability in the mixing console and signal processing markets. Within the professional audio business of BOSCH, this niche market has not been defined as a core business area due to its size and specific requirements. With the MUSIC Group, we believe we have found both the passion and the financial ability needed to grow MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK. Of all potential buyers that were screened, we have selected the MUSIC Group as the best fit."

Uli Behringer, Chairman of the MUSIC Group, comments: "I am thrilled and honored to join with John Oakley and his team in taking these legendary brands forward. I have immense respect for the dedication to quality, performance and customer service that this team has shown consistently over the years. While we plan to invest considerable resources and support to these brands, we also look forward to learning from the achievements of their engineers and working with them to take BEHRINGER and all of the MUSIC Group brands to a new level."

MUSIC Group CEO Michael Deeb adds, "MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK are at the very pinnacle of their market segment. They address a very unique client base and have a different sales channel from our current core business. The brands will continue to operate autonomously under the leadership of John Oakley while benefiting from the synergies of our combined efforts.  All brands will take advantage of the MUSIC Group’s extensive resources and industry-leading competencies including product development, lifecycle management, supply chain and logistics."

The final word comes from Alex Cooper, MIDAS Director of Console Engineering, who says: "For over twenty years I have devoted my life to designing the finest quality audio products possible. It has always been our goal to achieve the very best performance while continuing to broaden our market presence and expand our customer base. I am convinced that working with the MUSIC Group will provide us with advantages that will help us maintain our high standards and grow the business for the long term."

For more information about MIDAS or KLARK TEKNIK:

http://www.midasconsoles.com/
http://www.klarkteknik.com/

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:39:02 PM by abusound »

Offline sl1200ltd

Re: Behringer Parent Company buys MIDAS and Klark Teknik
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »
 :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x 

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:49:44 PM by sl1200ltd »

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 02:12:44 AM »
i assume the two will work independently
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »
Word is that Behringer peeps are very much excited to bring MIDAS technology to their market.
Uli Behringer is also said to infuse huge amount of cash to further develop the high end MIDAS consoles and deliver them at a price point where Yamaha will commit harakiri.

Offline irajames

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »
cool. :-D
Regards,
IraJames

Offline mbenipayo

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 03:41:36 PM »

as a friend said, he's be waiting for the Eurodesk XL8 that will sell at P1,000/ kilo

They will also set aside 20 service units for every 1 sold. because that would last it thru the warranty period.
Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 03:40:56 AM »
ugh. i always liked Midas. hopefully, behringer doesn't mess the MIDAS R&D and quality control. if Uli doesn't has sh*t for brains, he will leave the two companies to do their own thing.

i doubt he will be able to move Yamaha enough to dent its clientele significantly...those guys have been in business for a long time for a reason.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 03:42:02 AM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!