hulika

Author Topic: POST PROCESSING/PHOTOGRAPHY TUTORIALS  (Read 106872 times)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: POST PROCESSING/PHOTOGRAPHY TUTORIALS
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2010, 01:56:05 AM »
^astig namaaaaan!

Wala pa akong nagagawa sa kahit anong tutorial na meron dito..i just backed up all my images from last year..Will start the year right after ng out of town next week. Hanap muna ako magandang subject. Hehe!   

got your message sa flickr... thanks for checking... saw your bokeh shots din... sama ka sa EB photowalk ha  :-D

Offline michiko.airashii

• i'm a girl
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2010, 01:57:58 AM »
eb photowalk? kailan?   

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2010, 02:08:38 AM »
eb photowalk? kailan?   

wala pang definite schedule... better make a new thread at ng mailista na mga sasama this February...

Offline michiko.airashii

• i'm a girl
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2010, 02:09:37 AM »
Ikaw na gawa kana! hehehe! :) para makapagleave agad! :D   

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2010, 02:27:31 AM »
Ikaw na gawa kana! hehehe! :) para makapagleave agad! :D   

cge gawin ko bukas... :)

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2010, 12:32:33 PM »
Uy! Sama ako jan!

Mas maigi pang tumambay nalang dito kesa sa Guitar Central (kagulo ngayon dun eh) & sa Classifieds.

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »
Uy! Sama ako jan!

Mas maigi pang tumambay nalang dito kesa sa Guitar Central (kagulo ngayon dun eh) & sa Classifieds.

lalo na sa AGT pre.. maraming hindi napalaki ng maayos ng magulang nila dun.. tsaka mga "kinulang ng social life nung college" hehehe

not to mention the trolls..
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
lalo na sa AGT pre.. maraming hindi napalaki ng maayos ng magulang nila dun.. tsaka mga "kinulang ng social life nung college" hehehe

not to mention the trolls..

Hehehe, accepted ko na yung sa AGT dahil madami na talagang ganyan eversince. Pero sa GC?! Ano na nangyayari dun? Parang napaka-babaw nalang ng topics at ang jo-jologs na ng mga tao. Nasan na yung mga regular na nagpo-post dun? Hindi man ako regular na nagpo-post dun pero nage-enjoy ako magbasa ng mga reviews dun. Pero ngayon, wala na eh. At least dito, peaceful at walang away. May natututunan pako. :-D

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2010, 12:48:43 PM »
Hehehe, accepted ko na yung sa AGT dahil madami na talagang ganyan eversince. Pero sa GC?! Ano na nangyayari dun? Parang napaka-babaw nalang ng topics at ang jo-jologs na ng mga tao. Nasan na yung mga regular na nagpo-post dun? Hindi man ako regular na nagpo-post dun pero nage-enjoy ako magbasa ng mga reviews dun. Pero ngayon, wala na eh. At least dito, peaceful at walang away. May natututunan pako. :-D

ako rin.. madalang ko na dalawin ang GC.. mas madalas pa nga sa guitar classifieds, at tama ka may nag eenjoy na ako dito sa DPF at marami pa akong nakikitang magagandang pictures at knowledge sharing pa..

walang mataas ang wiwi dito kaya masaya  :-D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2010, 01:18:27 PM »
Tama!

Try ko lang:

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »
Tama!

Try ko lang:

weheheh... sakto... good job... you get a STAR for that... thanks for sharing....

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2010, 12:06:12 PM »
@kurtcobainer - good job! hehe tho, try isolating just one hue for a more natural effect. :)

here's an easy must-know in Photoshop CS3 (or higher)

Auto-Align & Auto-Blend

here's the panoramic, landscape-oriented end result of a series of portrait-oriented photographs i took recently.

to achieve the same effect, you could take a wider shot (with a wide angle lens) with a bigger sky space, and just crop the sky to achieve a panoramic shot, but you lose a bit of detail by zooming out.

since i dont have a wide angle lens, i took siguro around 4 or 5 shots while standing in the same place and trying to keep the same horizon level.

then i let Photoshop do the rest of the work for me. :-D

here's what to do:
1. open all the photos you need to stitch in Photoshop CS3 or higher
2. then copy + paste them all in one large document / paper space
3. then try to align them as best you can just by dragging the layers.
4. after you've done this, select all the layers you want to stitch together.
5. and then go to Edit > Auto-Align Layers, then select Auto and press OK. the layers will now align themselves with the best possible result.
6. after you've done this, something is still wrong (generally). since you took the photos separately, it's assumed that they have different exposures. so you'll see the difference immediately.
7. to remedy this go to Edit > Auto-Blend Layers. Photoshop will now automatically "blend" your photos using masks, levels, and whatever else.

8. and for the FEELING moment, i grabbed a WOW! PHILIPPINES image from Google and pasted it in the photo. :D

it gives quite a result for something done so easily. :) try it!

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »
@badongrodrigs: great tutorial bro and thanks a lot for sharing  :-D

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2010, 11:51:47 AM »
I just ripped photoshop CS4. Id be wary of someone knocking on my door these days.

Ang mahal mahal kasi :x
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 01:56:49 AM »
Okay here is my first attempt at doing photomerge. I wanted to do it Brenizer style but its late and people at home were watching tfc, cant be bothered so the candidate was my trusted LP who is bitching coz i only took her out of the case just know for what seems like 18 days.

I used the 85 1.4, slapped a CTO gel on the sb900 forgot what power it was but trial and error played a great deal here. I tried to get a lot of the guitar in focus here then took shots of the scene clockwise making sure i have all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle for photoshop to piece together.

Opened up my pirate AdobePCS4( shame pallas....shame :oops:)...
-click automate
-click photomerge...wait for it.

Then you get the pieces together BUT with lines like stitches.
-click the layers on the right
-merge layers and then stitches disappear.

then all you have to do is crop and align, play with the curves etc.

I really want to do this in broad daylight and try getting a shallower depth of field but a much more wider panoramic sweep.

CNCs guys....thanks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:59:03 AM by pallas »
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2010, 07:07:13 PM »
here's a simple tutorial on manipulating an existing photograph to suit your tastes. :-D i took the photo below from the internet.

now, i want to replace the guy's face with my own. so open up the ever reliable Adobe Photoshop CS3. (yes, Pallas, mine is also a pirated copy. the legit one costs 27,000 bucks. no way.)

so, open the pic in Photoshop. duplicate the layer (shortcut CTRL+J) so you won't mess up the original photo (PHOTO A). then use either the Healing Brush Tool (shortcut J) or the Clone Stamp Tool (shortcut S) to "erase" seamlessly the parts you don't want to appear.

now, import a photo of yourself that more or less can fit into the existing photograph in terms of camera angle. i import my own pic (PHOTO B), then select the unwanted parts via Polygonal Lasso Tool (shortcut L) then pressing the delete key. i then resize it by using Free Transform (shortcut CTRL+T) and then dragging to position it over the existing head.

now, do your best to try to relate the PHOTO B to PHOTO A. use the Adjust Hue/Saturation (shortcut CTRL+U) and adjust PHOTO B. in this instance, i opted to lean PHOTO B towards a more yellow-red-ish Hue, then adjusted the saturation to my taste. i also decreased the levels a bit.

then i eliminated the effect of the camera flash on PHOTO B by using either the Brush Tool (shortcut B) or the Clone Stamp Tool (shortcut S). i used proper colors to match PHOTO B. as a result, PHOTO B became a bit over-washed, edited and unnatural. but we shall fix that later.

next thing i did was to mimic the yellow-red-ish spotlights that are flooding PHOTO A, which seems to come from the back of the guy. create a new layer, use the Brush Tool (shortcut B) with proper colors, and then set the blending mode of the layer to SOFT LIGHT, or OVERLAY. if you have questions regarding that, just say so.

next stop, let's fix the over-washed face of mine. duplicate PHOTO B (shortcut CTRL+J), set the layer blending mode to SOFT LIGHT or OVERLAY, reduce the OPACITY of the layer to probably 70 to 80 percent, adjust Levels (shortcut CTRL+L) and just do your best so that PHOTO B would look alive and one with PHOTO A.

then, slap your caption and watermark on it to OWN IT! :-D

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2010, 07:34:02 PM »
^^

haha nice!! :-D

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2010, 01:47:43 AM »
Nice tutorial badong tsaka di na lang ako ang guilty :lol:

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2010, 03:46:31 PM »
mahusay...

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2010, 09:49:09 AM »
^^^Great tutorial badong! :lol:

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »
Anybody here who uses Adobe Lightroom? Alin ang mas madali Photoshop or Lightroom?

Offline ihopethisnamecounts

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »
for basic editing like saturation, tone curves, white balance, etc.. i think mas madali sa lightroom kasi sliders lang gamit sa pagbabago ng settings..

though di pa ko nakakapag photoshop extensively (kaya di ko alam kung sliders din ba ang gagamitin para magbago ng mga settings dun), i would think mas madali pa din sa lightroom kasi you can move through each picture within the app itself.. you don't have to open each picture to change their setting (like what you do in photoshop)..

of course photoshop can do these basic editing as well plus a whole lot more (like layers, etc) and that's something na mahirap gawin sa lightroom (simply because it doesn't offer all photoshop functionality)..

if you're talking about the learning curve, i think mas madali sa lightroom kasi onti lang features nya compared to photoshop..
"Whether I'm wrong or right, please keep my life in sight and never take Your eyes off me..."

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2010, 06:00:08 PM »
^^^Yup, 1 day lang kayang-kaya nang matutunan yung Lightroom. Yung Photoshop, hanggang ngayon nanga-ngamote pa din ako eh.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2010, 08:57:19 AM »
yes as i hear it told, it's very easy to learn Lightroom compared to Photoshop, and you can achieve a lot with what you learn on a short time. a friend of mine got hooked with Lightroom when he found out how he could do HDRs :D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2010, 12:51:53 AM »