hulika

Author Topic: [color=red]Pinoy Sound[/color]  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Mute

[color=red]Pinoy Sound[/color]
« on: September 06, 2006, 01:51:32 PM »
guys ano idea nyo sa tunog ng pinoy. kasi parang tingin ko wala talagang pinoy na sounding bands. ANo ba ang Filipino sound? :D
i willnot GROW OLD

Offline muse

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »
balik ko sayo yung tanong.
ano ba ang filipino sound para sayo kung nasabi mong walang pinoy sounding bands?  :wink:

Offline Mute

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 12:31:20 PM »
eH KASI DIBA the latinos have the latin sound, the indians have this bollywood sounding sitar driven music with a lot of new notes in it, the japanese have the kyoto sounding music, brazil has bossa nova. basta diba madami cultures which have there own distinct sound, I mean theres this band from mexico yata yung Puya, hardcore sila pero they infuse the latino beats nila para to reprezent.

I am Asking this question kase I would love to see a home grown talent get into the international scene. Hindi lang sila APL ng black eyed peas or si Billy joe crawford, Ok meron nga sila Gerry santiago ba yun yung sa Pixies and that heavy metal band ANgel something sa states which made a name for themselves, pero mas maganda sana kung meron nga na sumikat dahil sa tunog pinoy talaga hindi tunog hiphop tunog heavy metal, basta tunog ibang culture.

Kaya I was asking...Ano ba ang tunog PINOY? kasi di ko alam.
i willnot GROW OLD

Offline muse

• Netizen Level
Filipino Music
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 01:32:44 PM »
Filipino music is a mixture of European, American and indigenous sounds. Much of the music of the Philippines have been influenced by the 377 year-long colonial legacies of Spain, Western rock and roll, hip-hop and pop music from the United States, the indigenous Austronesian population and Indo-Malayan Gamelan music.

So really it was more like a genre that was born as a result of culture-blending, and not something started by a pioneer or a single musician. Like Hinduism, it just developed over time and not because of a single person's efforts.

The Philippines, being a large archipelago, has musical styles that vary from region to region. Traditional Filipino music typically employs a combination of musical instruments belonging to the percussion, wind, and string families. These instruments are usually made of bronze, wood, or bamboo.

Sana nakatulong to.  8)

Offline Mute

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 02:00:54 PM »
yeah it helped a lot. pero I still cant see any grupo na masasabi ko hey man represent eto pinoy. oh well. Pinoy ang background maybe.

So if it was a genre that was born as a result of culture blending, well kaya siguro tayo laging nang gagaya lang? just inquiring Im not hating or anything. I just got so pissed one time when I had a discussion with a pinoy who lives in the states sabi nya kaya daw hindi maka penetrate ang artist natin is because of the wanna be syndrome, its like all pinoy artists copy the style of this person; example wannabe [gooey brown stuff] wannabe this [gooey brown stuff] and that [gooey brown stuff], you feel me? Tapos when I came to think of it he was quite right, kaya Im searching for the Key.

thanks for the info about Filipino Music

Peace :D
i willnot GROW OLD