hulika

Author Topic: Gundam Kits and Mods  (Read 173222 times)

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
Re: Gundam Kits and Mods
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2010, 12:44:53 AM »
The FAZZ actually means Full Armor ZZ.  The Full Armor Gundam is an armored RX78.  The ZZ and the FAZZ are not full transformables (they don't have wave rider modes), but they both have corefighters. 

Yeah, i mean the sentinel fazz (FA-010A) with that white color scheme and blue toes. Mine was the FA-010S with that blue torso and red toes.

whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline palmmuteboi

« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2010, 12:50:05 PM »
sir good pm ot lang regarding lang sa paint

is there any alternative sa tamiya gun metal black? other than yung counter part niya sa academy? if ever lang po na youre using this kind of paint salamat po!

Also pahabol na question lang, regarding sa mga weapons for gundams and the like saan maganda bumili at affordable price?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:25:23 PM by palmmuteboi »
Like us : facebook.com/Guitarispa
Subscribe : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuCgSf6rTrXcF7Z5eORMVYA

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
Paints have slightly different formulations between brands and might behave/react differently or even have slight tonal differences.  So, if this concern is regarding consistency, better use the same brand on a project.  Mr Color is a good alternative to Tamiya colors, but not necessarily cheaper.

As for weapons, Kotobukiya has weapon sets that can be used for Gundams.  Check out Lil's Hobby at Park Square.  They have a few sets available.
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline palmmuteboi

« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2010, 08:34:50 PM »
Paints have slightly different formulations between brands and might behave/react differently or even have slight tonal differences.  So, if this concern is regarding consistency, better use the same brand on a project.  Mr Color is a good alternative to Tamiya colors, but not necessarily cheaper.

As for weapons, Kotobukiya has weapon sets that can be used for Gundams.  Check out Lil's Hobby at Park Square.  They have a few sets available.

ui maraming salamat sa tip sir, regarding Mr color sa lil's meron din nito? di pa naman malawak range ko knowledge ko sa paint i have only tried Tamiya and Academy. sige check ko din yang Mr color. salamat sir!

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »
bro, dala ka ng sample ng sprue ng kit, tapos match mo sa color nung paint, ganun ginagawa ko pag nabili ng paint.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2010, 12:01:14 AM »
ui maraming salamat sa tip sir, regarding Mr color sa lil's meron din nito? di pa naman malawak range ko knowledge ko sa paint i have only tried Tamiya and Academy. sige check ko din yang Mr color. salamat sir!

There are a few other shops that carry Mr Color and other paint brands.  There's JMN's hobby at Harrison Plaza, and STC at Farmers and Greenhills.

bro, dala ka ng sample ng sprue ng kit, tapos match mo sa color nung paint, ganun ginagawa ko pag nabili ng paint.

That's one way of checking for color accuracy.  Manuals also have color indicators, but, again, paint might not be consistent across the board, especially if you mix your own.  So, it's always best to mix in batches.

Personally, I prefer cans, despite the limited color choices, because of the convenience.

New Manila Sound

Offline palmmuteboi

« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2010, 10:59:54 PM »
sir question po.

is there any remedy sa mga natambak na tamiya paints? tumigas na kasi yung iba pwede ko pa ba gamitin to? and meron bang alternative para sa tamiya thinner? I heard kasi yung iba eh alcohol yung gamit pwede ba yun sir?

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #232 on: September 07, 2010, 12:19:49 AM »
sir question po.

is there any remedy sa mga natambak na tamiya paints? tumigas na kasi yung iba pwede ko pa ba gamitin to? and meron bang alternative para sa tamiya thinner? I heard kasi yung iba eh alcohol yung gamit pwede ba yun sir?

They're talking about the 90% alchohol which is plastic safe.  Industrial thinners are too strong and can melt plastics.  Acrylic paints are water soluble so you can use (ideally) distilled water to rehydrate dried paints, enamels are oil based, so you have no choice but to get hobby grade enamel thinners to be on the safe side.

New Manila Sound

Offline palmmuteboi

« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »
They're talking about the 90% alchohol which is plastic safe.  Industrial thinners are too strong and can melt plastics.  Acrylic paints are water soluble so you can use (ideally) distilled water to rehydrate dried paints, enamels are oil based, so you have no choice but to get hobby grade enamel thinners to be on the safe side.

i just bought a jar of Tamiya thinner, kasi i have lots of stuck up paints here sana magamit ko pa sayang rin kasi. which other brands are enamel and which other brands are acrylic sir? Also sir, can i use the tamiya thinner sa mga Mr Color na products? (i bought kasi an engine gray and a metalic silver)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:25:57 PM by palmmuteboi »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
i just bought a jar of Tamiya thinner, kasi i have lots of stuck up paints here sana magamit ko pa sayang rin kasi. which other brands are enamel and which other brands are acrylic sir?

It should be on the label.  all brands have both types i suppose. 

Also sir, can i use the tamiya thinner sa mga Mr Color na products? (i bought kasi an engine gray and a metalic silver)

If you have it already, try.  It shouldn't be too much of an incompatibility so as long as your using the appropriate paint type with the appropriate thinner.

But, and this is not a straightforward rule, it's always better to use Tamiya with Tamiya, etc.

New Manila Sound

Offline palmmuteboi

« Reply #235 on: September 07, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »
It should be on the label.  all brands have both types i suppose. 

If you have it already, try.  It shouldn't be too much of an incompatibility so as long as your using the appropriate paint type with the appropriate thinner.

But, and this is not a straightforward rule, it's always better to use Tamiya with Tamiya, etc.

Great! thanks sir! I went to your site and sa w a tutorial (multi layered colors) and read that you used some bosny, an acrylic epoxy. I would like to have a feed back regarding its performance over time? di ba siya nag ppeel off? also i came across a cam of Pylox clear coat was wondering if it could replace the tamiya clear coat?

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #236 on: September 07, 2010, 03:39:12 PM »
Great! thanks sir! I went to your site and sa w a tutorial (multi layered colors) and read that you used some bosny, an acrylic epoxy. I would like to have a feed back regarding its performance over time? di ba siya nag ppeel off? also i came across a cam of Pylox clear coat was wondering if it could replace the tamiya clear coat?

I don't use pylox so I can't give you an objective opinion of it.  Bosny top coats are actually sufficient (and cheaper) and now preferred by most local modelers I know

Read this regarding the paint type I use:  http://mxgs.blogspot.com/2010/07/misconceptions-about-paints.html

These are automotive paints.  The epoxy actually gives the paint finish strength and resistance from light scratches and doesn't peel like normal paint.  They can actually be left as is without top coat, but we do top coat for that extra protection.  (I prefer flat coats mostly nowadays.)

Paint peels overtime when the paint job wasn't done properly, bad paint combination, or if there are residual oils on the surface.  The kits I painted with Bosny paints have actually stood well in room temperature and normal humidity. 

New Manila Sound

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #237 on: September 11, 2010, 04:11:31 PM »
Whoa, nice to know that. Kabibili ko lng knina ng full armor zz sa best greenhills.. :) Transformable din ba ito? Well, im looking for fazz but its not available at wasabi and gt.

I fell in love with its big cannon (thanks to ben tsing co)... :lol:

Arent the fazz and full armor the same.? I guess the fazz is more advanced.

Did someone mention my name?  :-D

Tagal ko na hindi napasyal sa thread na ito

@matanglawin congrats!
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline James_Animagi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2010, 01:36:05 AM »
ganda ng gundams ah more pics sir

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2010, 10:17:06 AM »

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2010, 05:38:55 PM »
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »
My current project. 

I've transformed this,

Into this.

Check the progress here http://mxgs.blogspot.com/2010/09/chimera-borne.html

New Manila Sound

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2010, 01:42:08 PM »
^ganda ah. yung mga dark spots ba ay grey or may pagka-blue? parang neon yung orange/pinkish na kulay ah.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »
My current project. 

I've transformed this,

Into this.

Check the progress here http://mxgs.blogspot.com/2010/09/chimera-borne.html

:-o

@matanglawin another great project

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »
^ganda ah. yung mga dark spots ba ay grey or may pagka-blue? parang neon yung orange/pinkish na kulay ah.

Stock-wise, the feet and the backpack are blue, the frame is dark gray, and the the "pinkish" color is the psychoframe is supposed to be red.  It's dark pink to simulate being lit up.  I'll be painting it dark red with a gold buffer, while most of the kit would be painted as is.

:-o

@matanglawin another great project

Thanks man!  Any plans entering the BAKWC this year?

New Manila Sound

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2010, 09:22:12 PM »

Thanks man!  Any plans entering the BAKWC this year?

Naahhh  :-D

I'm not worthy. I am just happy building Gundam kits. Mods, weathering and painting my kits at this moment is an entirely new thing for me. I'd like to see the event though. When and where is the BAKWC?

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2010, 01:16:44 PM »
Magkano ba ngayon ang 0.8mm na plates? Yung common na gamit sa scratch building, naisip ko kasi mag mod naman ako kahit practice lang. Gagawa ako ng leg joint para sa SD.
And alternative putty para sa gaps. Ty

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2010, 02:16:25 AM »
Magkano ba ngayon ang 0.8mm na plates? Yung common na gamit sa scratch building, naisip ko kasi mag mod naman ako kahit practice lang. Gagawa ako ng leg joint para sa SD.

As far as I know, there's no 0.8mm.  I use 0.3, 0.5 (each at P75 per sheet), and 1.0 (P150).  There are thicker plaplates (1.2, 1.5 and 1.7) at P350 per sheet, at lil's hobby.

And alternative putty para sa gaps. Ty

I hardly use putty to hide gaps or seamline.  There's the usual way of applying cement first to adjoining parts then sanding it later on, and there's presanding.

http://mxgs.blogspot.com/2010/04/puttyless-seam-line-removal-presanding.html

New Manila Sound

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2010, 09:17:58 AM »
I see, thanks. Lagi ko check blog niyo sir. Gagawa ako ng waist at hips para sa SD ko. Thanks again

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
eto na first modified kit ko. heheh bought this kit last thursday,
epoxy steel ginamit ko sa leg mod, kelangan ko pa lagyan ng epoxy yung front skirt  :-D