hulika

Author Topic: Gundam Kits and Mods  (Read 174112 times)

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Gundam Kits and Mods
« Reply #500 on: April 20, 2011, 08:00:23 PM »
since you're gonna sand it, look up "progressive sanding" to get back the (close to the original) original smoothness of the plastic.  It's simply a process of sanding from a lower grit to a higher one.
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline perkish4

« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »
Mga sir. need advice naman. Gundam maxter 1/100 or RX-78-2 30th ver? :?

Offline astralasukal

« Reply #502 on: April 25, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
Mga sir. need advice naman. Gundam maxter 1/100 or RX-78-2 30th ver? :?

Why not both?  :-D Pero sa akin sulit yung pinambili RX-78-2 g30th.  Gusto ko rin ng Maxter kasi fan ako talaga ng G! Hi5!
FLY AWAY! SKYLINE PENGUIN, FLY!

Offline perkish4

« Reply #503 on: April 25, 2011, 10:08:34 PM »
Actually first kit yung bibilhin ko at di ako mkapili sa dalawa hehehe. favorite ko yung maxter. in love naman aq sa RX hehehe! di pwede sabay kasi wala pa funds... (dahil sa GAS)

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #504 on: April 25, 2011, 10:32:46 PM »

Actually first kit yung bibilhin ko at di ako mkapili sa dalawa hehehe. favorite ko yung maxter. in love naman aq sa RX hehehe! di pwede sabay kasi wala pa funds... (dahil sa GAS)

Get the RX, but, I reco the One Year War version.  It's more detailed and has better proportion compared to the 2.0 or the 30th.

In case you guys are interested.  READ THE MECHANICS.

GUNDAM MODEL KIT CONTEST 2011
NATIONAL FINALS

CONTEST MECHANICS

•    The contest is open to all Gundam enthusiasts except employees and immediate family members of Bankee Trading Inc., International Toyworld Inc. and its advertising agency up to the second degree of affinity or consanguinity.

•    The contest has three categories and will be classified accordingly:

1.   Junior category - 8 to 14 years old. Interested participants may assemble and paint any Gundam Brave Battle Warriors model kit.

2.    Open Category - 15 years old and above, Open to all amateur modelers. Interested participants may assemble and paint any 1/100 scale Gundam 00 model kit.

3.    Special Category – 15 years old and above. Open to expert modelers, to include previous top 3 winners in the past Gundam contest and to all who wish to challenge them. Interested participants may assemble and paint any Gundam Brave Battle Warriors or Gundam 00 model kit item.

Note:

1.    NO MODIFICATIONS ARE ALLOWED.

2.    We will not accept entries that already joined in previous major or minor Gundam contests or competitions.

3.    Stands included in the box set can be used, but will not be part of the scoring. They should be unpainted, with no stickers or decals applied.

4.    All entries must have used parts and stickers (if opted to use the stickers) from only one box set, and assembled according to the manual. If the manual shows variant versions using parts from the box set, then only those specific variants are allowed.

5.     Puttying, sanding and the use of paint are allowed. Model part detail lines erased by puttying and sanding can be re-lined, but extra lines not in the original part cannot be added.

6.     Modified paint schemes are allowed, but must follow the official base colors of the kit. (e.g.  you can use light blue or dark blue in place of blue, but you cannot use another color entirely) Weathering is allowed as applied with the painting, but any weathering that will require modifying, melting or cutting the parts for effect is not allowed.

Three major prizes are as follows:

Junior Category

1st Prize: Trophy plus P 6,000.00 worth of Gundam gift pack and certificate.

2nd Prize: Trophy plus P 3,000.00 worth of Gundam gift pack and certificate.

3rd Prize: Trophy plus P 2,000.00 worth of Gundam gift pack and certificate.

Consolation prizes, 4th place to 8th place: Gundam gift pack and certificate.

Open Category

1st Prize: Trophy plus P 6,000.00 cash, and P 2,000.00 worth of Gundam gift pack and certificate.

2nd Prize: Trophy plus P 3,000.00 cash, and P 2,000.00 worth of Gundam gift pack and certificate.

3rd Prize: Trophy plus P 2,000.00 cash, and P 2,000.00 worth of Gundam gift pack and certificate.

Special Category

1st Prize: Trophy plus P 6,000.00 cash and P 6,000.00 worth of Gundam gift pack and certificate.

2nd Prize: Trophy plus P 3,000.00 cash and P 3,000.00 worth of Gundam gift pack and certificate.

3rd Prize: Trophy plus P 2,000.00 cash and P 2,000.00 worth of Gundam gift pack and certificate.

•    All participants are required to confirm their participation by email ( marketing@bankee.com.ph ) from June 16 to July 14, 2011. Please send us the following information (NAME, AGE, ADDRESS, CONTACT NUMBER and CONTEST CATEGORY & NUMBER OF ENTRY) together with your confirmation. Registration number will be provided after the confirmation has made.

•    All entries must be submitted to the Feature Area of TOYKINGDOM, SM MEGAMALL on July 15 to 17, 2011 from 10:30 am to 8:30pm. MAXIMUM OF THREE ENTRIES PER PARTICIPANT IS ALLOWED. A fully accomplished official entry form and the original Gundam Kit box (with Bandai logo on the box) must accompany each entry for verification purposes. Upon submission of entry, applicants are required to sign a certification form that the entry was made by the applicant himself/herself. Participants shall be provided a copy of entry form to be presented during the judging and claiming of entries and/or prizes.

•    An assigned staff will be tasked to check each entry to ensure that each and every entry is complete and ready for display. Non-compliance to contest regulations will result to forfeiture of participation.

•    Winners will be determined by a panel of judges; judging will start at 2pm on July 30, 2011, Saturday at Feature Area of Toykingdom SM Megamall, in the presence of a DTI Representative. Announcement of winners and awarding ceremony will be held on Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 4:30PM. All participants are encouraged to attend the judging and awarding ceremony, in which all entries can be claimed after the ceremony.

Criteria for Judging:

ALL CATEGORIES

•        Assembly skills        40%
•        Painting                  40%
•        Presentation           20%

===

TOTAL                             100%

•    In claiming the entries and/or prizes, participants should present a valid ID and a copy of entry form. In a case where the owner/maker of the entry is not available to claim his/her entries and/or prizes, an authorization letter, copy of entry form and a valid ID should be presented before the organizer shall release the entries and/or prizes and  being claimed. If entries and/or prizes are not claimed after the announcement of winners, participants will be notified through registered mail. Unclaimed entries and/or prizes can be claimed at the Marketing Department of Bankee Trading Inc. Head Office #6 Rest Haven St. SFDM Quezon City; a valid ID and a copy of the entry form is a must to claim the entries and/ or prizes.

•    Unclaimed prizes and/or entries within (60) days from notification shall be forfeited in favor of Bankee Trading Inc. with prior approval from DTI.

•    Non-cash prizes are transferable but not convertible to cash or in any other form.

PER DTI-NCR Permit# _ _  Series of 2011

For more details and inquiries call our Product Hotline at 407-8299 or email us at marketing@bankee.com.ph

Original and Official post from Ban Kee in here...

BAN KEE Gundam Model Kit Contest 2011

New Manila Sound

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #505 on: April 29, 2011, 04:02:37 AM »

New Manila Sound

Offline Papapuzza

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #506 on: April 29, 2011, 05:06:57 AM »
Oh my, it's the O!
Transacted With: BossingBoss, El_Sol, JoshNerez, Muffinman, Papotz, Rebiscoco, Saturn/Return, Spankyrigor, Teleclem, Weedman

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #507 on: June 08, 2011, 02:02:42 AM »
Combining three of my passions; Gunpla, Music and Photography.

New Manila Sound

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #508 on: June 12, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »
Combining three of my passions; Gunpla, Music and Photography.

Nice exia pose...
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #509 on: June 12, 2011, 06:27:27 PM »
The pose is most often half the beauty of the kit.

New Manila Sound

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #510 on: June 14, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »
@matanglawin

any brands /stores na nagbebenta ng mga handy drill? yun mga rechargable para sa plastic?

and alternative to hobby saws? magkano ba ang starter kit na hobby saw?

thanks

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #511 on: June 16, 2011, 06:46:51 AM »
@matanglawin

any brands /stores na nagbebenta ng mga handy drill? yun mga rechargable para sa plastic?

and alternative to hobby saws? magkano ba ang starter kit na hobby saw?

thanks

ACE Hardware should have some, as for those thin hobby saws, mahirap makahanap, though, you might chance upon a set at lil's hobby or JMN (Harrison).

New Manila Sound

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #512 on: June 18, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »
I've been reading about jeweler's saws. I believe these can be sourced in Raon. Also, dental drill bits can theoretically used for dremel tools... not sure if they fit in the dremel chucks though.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #513 on: June 18, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »
I've been reading about jeweler's saws. I believe these can be sourced in Raon. Also, dental drill bits can theoretically used for dremel tools... not sure if they fit in the dremel chucks though.

I'll try to source them out.  I just hope they are cheaper compared to the hobby grade tools.

New Manila Sound

Offline arpeggiosfromheaven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #514 on: June 21, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »

inaabangan ko ito, hindi pa tapos build mo sir?

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #515 on: June 21, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
inaabangan ko ito, hindi pa tapos build mo sir?

I haven't even started yet.  I'm still working on the Turn X...

New Manila Sound

Offline arpeggiosfromheaven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #516 on: June 21, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »
I haven't even started yet.  I'm still working on the Turn X...

ok, sir take yer time. :D

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #517 on: July 03, 2011, 07:56:51 PM »
hindi siya gundam pero, interesado ako magkaroon neto

saan kaya pwede makakuha neto

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #518 on: July 03, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »
Anong masa-suggest nyo na cutters for Gunpla? Gamit ko kasi ngayon are wire-cutters that I use primarily for new pickup installation and cutting strings for restringing. Hindi kasi malinis yung mga cut nya eh.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #519 on: July 04, 2011, 03:07:49 AM »
Anong masa-suggest nyo na cutters for Gunpla? Gamit ko kasi ngayon are wire-cutters that I use primarily for new pickup installation and cutting strings for restringing. Hindi kasi malinis yung mga cut nya eh.

Alexan at Megamall has side cutters that cuts clean and is comparable to the expensive Tamiya and other branded versions.

New Manila Sound

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #520 on: July 04, 2011, 03:09:57 AM »

New Manila Sound

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #521 on: July 04, 2011, 09:00:53 AM »
Alexan at Megamall has side cutters that cuts clean and is comparable to the expensive Tamiya and other branded versions.

Sakto! How much are those? Meron din kaya ng ganyan sa Deeco?

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #522 on: July 04, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Sakto! How much are those? Meron din kaya ng ganyan sa Deeco?

Deeco doesn't have them.  You can get that for the very low price of 110 kesos.  Alexan also has toothless pliers which are perfect for my plaplate bending needs.  

Here's a better picture of the side cutter.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:25:30 AM by matanglawin »

New Manila Sound

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #523 on: July 04, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »
ml, question lang.

Anong color mas prefer mo for panel lining? Grey or black gundam marker? For me kasi, when I panel-lined my Exia, parang masyadong nagsa-stand out yung black. I'm thinking grey would be subtle enough, but would still show-off the lining.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #524 on: July 04, 2011, 06:31:16 PM »
ml, question lang.

Anong color mas prefer mo for panel lining? Grey or black gundam marker? For me kasi, when I panel-lined my Exia, parang masyadong nagsa-stand out yung black. I'm thinking grey would be subtle enough, but would still show-off the lining.

It depends on the overall color scheme, and your preference.  I actually prefer black across the board.

New Manila Sound