hulika

Author Topic: Anong Secret Sa Mabilis na Improvement .  (Read 11422 times)

Vengeance

Anong Secret Sa Mabilis na Improvement .
« on: August 08, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »
I play guitar almost 8 months . And Wala pa ring improvement !!!! Nakakaasar . naaabutan na ko ng mga kasabayan ko . araw araw naman ako nagpapractice . Any tips from the experts ??  :|

Offline kopiako

Re: Anong Secret Sa Mabilis na Improvement .
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »
learn some parokya ni edgar songs then everyone will think you're good

Offline p2ltronilogd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 11:40:29 AM »
slow practice
start slow and work your way to faster BPMs

or

mag metal ka LOL

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
dapat may goal ka kung ano gusto mong maachieve then bili ka ng books to help you out

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »
Hire a good teacher. It's the best investment. Lots of them available in the music school area of this forum.

If i understand you correctly you've only been playing for 8 months? There's no rushing it. At this point you should be focusing on creating a solid foundation for your playing.

Nothing beats a true blue mentor. Not only will you learn, it's also inspiring and is probably among the best "shortcuts" there is to maturity.

Keep in mind that you're just starting out on the path. There's a long, exciting journey ahead.  
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 12:09:22 PM »
also, don't be afraid of tackling hard things. don't have the consideration 'i will never even attempt to play that stuff' or 'i can never do taht' or something along those lines. if you do, then you just have declared that you aren't an achiever and won't get along anywhere.

and also play what you want and have goals. have fun practicing.

realize there aren't any short cuts to getting goals. there are efficient methods however e.g. using the metronome, etc which you can learn from instructionals and teachers but you really have to put in time and practice get where you want to go. it's actually fun.

also music and guitar playing aren't competitions - they are art. so don't worry if x player is better than you at the moment. be inspired instead and learn from them.

most problems in guitar can be solved by slowing things down to a comfort level and working from there.

i think phoenix_rising of fuseboxx (Mico Ong) is giving out lessons. pm me him or text him at 0920-9220382. he'll steer you to good directions of guitar playing.  hindi madamot yan sa knowledge.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:18:41 PM by shredmaestrobri »

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 12:41:33 PM »
also, don't be afraid of tackling hard things. don't have the consideration 'i will never even attempt to play that stuff' or 'i can never do taht' or something along those lines. if you do, then you just have declared that you aren't an achiever and won't get along anywhere.

realize there aren't any short cuts to getting goals. there are efficient methods however e.g. using the metronome, etc which you can learn from instructionals and teachers but you really have to put in time and practice get where you want to go. it's actually fun.

also music and guitar playing aren't competitions - they are art. so don't worry if x player is better than you at the moment. be inspired instead and learn from them.

most problems in guitar can be solved by slowing things down to a comfort level and working from there.

i think phoenix_rising of fuseboxx (Mico Ong) is giving out lessons. pm me him or text him at 0920-9220382. he'll steer you to good directions of guitar playing.  hindi madamot yan sa knowledge.

+1 on the bold text. This mentality hindered my playing for a long time. Not that I'm that much better today, but at least I have a healthier mindset.

Don't rush things regarding technique. You don't want to build bad habits from the very start.. because when they stick to you, they get really hard to fix.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:57:30 PM by Red_Strat »

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »

Yup, fish out mico  :-) he'll fire you up.

and i totally agree, it's all about music and the music in you that you visualize to make.
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline eyebag21

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 01:02:32 PM »
Shortcuts?

Try Steve Vai's 30 hr method.. :-D
http://depositfiles.com/en/files/650643

btw I haven't completed this myself...hehehe :mrgreen:

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 01:03:43 PM »
Slow practise
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline aHeartThatNeverFade

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 02:37:21 PM »
if you can't beat them in guitar techniques, look for turi. :lol: :lol: :lol:
For He satisfies my longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness. -Psalms 107:9

Offline Prinny Unknown

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »
start slowly then increase speed
for the songs
start with simple songs like Knockin on Heavens Door, Halaga, Picha Pie, Kaleidascope World and such
then increase the speed a bit
then start mastering shredding then last start to sweep
it takes patience to practice these things

Vengeance

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »

yea i know music is not a competition . but in our school , it is . theres so many good guitar player in here . they  really boast about their skills . at lahat ng begginner na naggigitara na hindi nila kakilala inaangasan nila . . . kaya gusto ko gumaling for this upcoming Battle . hahah =D

Offline silverwings

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 03:14:41 PM »
yung floods sa pantera easy lang yun pre

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 03:19:22 PM »
repetition, slow practice & patience :-D

Offline Prinny Unknown

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 03:21:41 PM »
sa solo
it is easier to practice if memorize mo na
rather than reading it while practicing
so memorize build up speed then raknroll \m/

Offline silverwings

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »
mag guitar pro ka pre..
para madinig mo yung tunog habang ginigitara mo..

Offline Prinny Unknown

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 03:26:19 PM »
^agree ako dito
gamit ko guitar pro para timing ng bawat notes

Vengeance

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 03:36:26 PM »
mag guitar pro ka pre..
para madinig mo yung tunog habang ginigitara mo..

tol hindi yata free yun ee . Tuxguitar ginagamit ko dati . parang Guitar pro lang din sya kaso nireformat last week yung computer namin . ayaw na gumana nung tuxguitar . sayang .

Offline silverwings

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
bro bigyan kita link...
para ma DL mo yun guitar pro may crack din yun hehe...

baka bawal yata pirated dito eh..
pero ok lang yata wala naman guitar pro na binebenta dito sa pilipinas eh..

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/181386241/guitar+pro?tab=summary

dapat may utorrent ka prang nad DLDL ka din nga movie torrents

Offline Fret_warrior

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 03:45:40 PM »
tips:  :-D
1. manood ka ng mga guitar videos, concert or movies related sa music, para ma-inspired ka.
2. mahirap or matagal matuto pag self study...lumabas ka, wag ka magkulong sa kwarto, kung may barkada or kaibigan ka na mgaling mag gitara, makisalamuha ka sa kanila.
3. if u have internet connection, watch ka sa youtube, dami lesson dun.
4. dont push urself, kailangan ng tiyaga, kung mabilis matuto ang kakilala mo, pabayaan mo sya. wag mo sya isipin, nakakadistrack lang yan sa motivation mo.
5. PRACTISE!!!!
6. Suggest ko try ka ng mga BLUES licks, hindi kailangan ng mabilis na daliri dun.

kaya mo yan!! :-D
Col. 2:8 ;
"Take care that no one takes you away by force, through man’s wisdom and deceit, going after the beliefs of men and the theories of the world, and not after Christ"

Offline Prinny Unknown

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »
bro bigyan kita link...

isohunt is your best friend =)

Offline somil

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 03:50:16 PM »
tips:  :-D
1. manood ka ng mga guitar videos, concert or movies related sa music, para ma-inspired ka.
2. mahirap or matagal matuto pag self study...lumabas ka, wag ka magkulong sa kwarto, kung may barkada or kaibigan ka na mgaling mag gitara, makisalamuha ka sa kanila.
4. dont push urself, kailangan ng tiyaga, kung mabilis matuto ang kakilala mo, pabayaan mo sya. wag mo sya isipin, nakakadistrack lang yan sa motivation mo.
5. PRACTISE!!!!
6. Suggest ko try ka ng mga BLUES licks, hindi kailangan ng mabilis na daliri dun.

kaya mo yan!! :-D Halos nasabi na lahat ni bro...mismo :-D

william251082

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 03:51:51 PM »
I don't think there's any shortcut to effective improvement, even the most talented musicians paid their dues before they get to where they are today. Patience is a virtue.

Often, yung mga nag mamabilis, sila yung mga sloppy player and bad habits that are developed through the years are really hard to remove because they think that they're doing it right. As soon as one get their ego out of the way, the sooner they'll be a better player.

+999 on getting a good teacher, video lessons won't point out mistakes in your playing, only a teacher can do that!

Vengeance

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »
tips:  :-D
5. PRACTISE!!!!

kaya mo yan!! :-D

ok sa tips . thanks . susundin ko lahat . lahat naman yan ginagawa ko ee. Instead of 2 , parang pag tungkol kasi sa guitara ayaw ko makisalamuha ee , baka mabanuan sila sakin . hahah . and intersted ako dun sa blues . clean lang ba kelangan dun ?? bigay ka nga po ng example blues na magandang aralin  :-D
bro bigyan kita link...

bro currently dinodownload ko ung guitar pro 6 full (core) . pag natapos na yun . wala ng mga arguments pa ? i mean pwede ko na kagad syang magamit ?