hulika

Author Topic: Gear with Unexpected Uses/Functions  (Read 4130 times)

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Gear with Unexpected Uses/Functions
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 08:47:32 AM »
Paul C Tim

Maliban sa mga obvious uses niya as OD, clean boost, and buffer; I've found a couple of good uses for it.

1. EQ - not as powerful as other EQ pedals, but it will do if you need more or less treble and bass frequencies. Only thing I coudn't get out of it is a scooped EQ.

2. Interface - I use this on amps with an effects loop. Yung effects loop kasi is post OD so I just set the Tim as a clean buffer then use the 4-cable method to make use of the effects loop.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 08:51:20 AM »
apparently a 3.5mm male adapter is a clean boost for the ZT Lunchbox  :lol:
I also used to turn the 3.5mm plug of a busted pair or earbuds or patch cable to instantly mute my laptop during class. especially when it's booting up (and you don't know if the volume was turned down on the prior shutdown).
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 09:09:17 AM »
The Tech21 RK5 (Richie Kotzen Signature pedal) has a "hidden" chorus effect.

"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 09:15:45 AM »
I just recently discovered that those string winding things have round notches that you use for pulling out bridge pins. ang tagal ko nagtiyaga sa paggamit ng piso, may ganun pala
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili