hulika

Author Topic: They're to blame!...  (Read 34464 times)

Offline Helmet

• Forum Fanatic
Re: They're to blame!...
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
Probably, we also lacked the support that our fellow artists need. Kaya western songs ang kinakanta nila everytime they appear on a noon time show eh kasi western songs ang gusto nating marining.

Offline gamelan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »
magaling daw kasi mangaya ang mga pinoy...  :x

:-(
wrap your troubles in dreams and dream your troubles away

one life to live \m/

Offline drumgear_tech

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »
matagal na may mga nagreremake ng old songs di lang ngayon

Offline Calixtrus

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2009, 08:36:08 AM »
as far as this thread goes...

i think it is unfair that the blame goes to MYMP. hehehe.
In fairness to them... way before they were able to grace the airwaves of your local music video channels,they were really known because of their cover songs / own rendition of some 80's songs,which evidently zoomed them up the charts...

my point? there are many factors. and i am sure we all know those things and again, it is not a sin to cover songs. it's been there and will be there until we count to the 11th hour of mankind.

Children of Bodom covers Oops i did it again by Britney Spears.  :lol:

although i do understand that it does suck that most of the songs you hear on local mainstream media are cover songs... thing is that there are many original songs that it is waiting to sweep the musical sense out of you. It does not need to be mainstream to be good. right?  :evil:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 08:37:43 AM by Calixtrus »
-if i die you are forgiven, if i live i will kill you-<br />    •www.myspace.com/tracesofwarmusic•

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2009, 10:47:38 PM »
gusto lang nila siguro mabuhay  :)

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2009, 09:10:29 PM »
Personally, what I object to are the flaws in MYMP's musicianship. The girl singer's intonation is often flawed. I remember hearing one of their songs over the radio and thinking to myself that 3 out of every 5 of her sung notes were either sharp or flat.

Andon na tayo na marami talagang pinoy na musiko ay tumutugtog ng covers.

The big difference is that most cover bands/showbands play covers well. They respect music enough to play/sing well.

I wish I could say the same for MYMP.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:36:09 PM by aya_yuson »
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2009, 03:28:26 AM »
i like MYMP's first album. at that time, for me it sounds like a simple revolution. just plain acoustics instruments. at maraming ok na OrIgiNals  :-D :-D :-D

i personally bought a copy which di ko na alam kung nasan na ngayon. their next albums ... well, i kind to like it to at the beginning but i realize na
that was the time were they did a point na 'doing covers sells'. being the bussiness nature of the music industry, many tried to followed and the formula also works. it's so popular bands playing at bars copied that too in their setlist. and their it was. i don't have the specific term to describe it  :|

buti na lang dumating si Kitchie Nadal. :lol:
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline killerbutete

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2009, 10:36:42 PM »
crush ko si kitchie nadal  :-D

Offline drumgear_tech

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2009, 08:18:04 AM »
...MYMP!

I know covers and remakes have long been born in the local music scene..side A and other bands..they make great covers and promote em as a carrier single. well at least, 10% or less of the time.  They launched onto the scene with original songs like hold on...etc.

MYMP, is the most popular, biggest selling duo/band to promote other artists songs...mostly from foreign acts.

a lot have followed their footsteps..Bamboo, Spongecola, Martin Nievera, Christian Bautista....

whatever happened to Pinoy creativity? and friggin' hard work??

sir toybitz ask ko lang... why do we need to blame others?

Offline killerbutete

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2009, 10:39:28 AM »
maganda sa tenga eh.....la tayong magagawa kung trip ng pinoy  :mrgreen:

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2009, 08:49:29 PM »
knock-knock
who's there
"kamuning"
"kamuning" who?

kamuning get me... get me... get me... baby im yours... kamuning get me...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:57:17 PM by kawal »
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2009, 03:56:19 PM »
sir toybitz ask ko lang... why do we need to blame others?

there is no "need".

I just happen to blame because at the time I made this thread..all I hear are covers, covers, covers.  Some songs aren't even laos yet, pero may cover na.

Anyways.  I moved on, and accepted that this is also a part of our culture.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline unnailed

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2009, 04:10:51 PM »
mas maganda yung original, para mag grow naman ang music industries dito s phil. :-)

Offline rakenrol

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2010, 01:27:32 PM »
music isn't just their passion, but it is their way of living. it is easier to cover a song than to make originals. if you want to be famous and gain profit in an instant, do some covers. if you want to be famous, gain profit and be remembered, make an original. medyo sugal nga lang..  :mrgreen:

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2010, 03:28:04 PM »
apparently, people came up with this thing called "music business", out of music.  :-D
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline durianjuice

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2010, 07:46:09 AM »
its better than making a tagalog version of "umbrella" and getting famous over it....  :lol:
successful deals: kinko, cosmic, milzer, wh1t33rick, jefisipbata, sbalbaguio, wireme, watchful eye, and many others...

Helping out a friend: go visit his band rehearsal studio in makati

Offline jem_adriano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2010, 06:24:59 PM »
obviously from what ive read in this thread

tinanggap na talaga natin ang revivals as a culture... others are like..."so what yun ang gusto ng masa ehh"

if these keeps up,the industry will surely sink...

well, korea seems to be doing a much better job kahit corny ang tingin ng iba sa music nila...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:47:02 PM by jem_adriano »

Offline charlesdavidlim

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »
...MYMP!

I know covers and remakes have long been born in the local music scene..side A and other bands..they make great covers and promote em as a carrier single. well at least, 10% or less of the time.  They launched onto the scene with original songs like hold on...etc.

MYMP, is the most popular, biggest selling duo/band to promote other artists songs...mostly from foreign acts.

a lot have followed their footsteps..Bamboo, Spongecola, Martin Nievera, Christian Bautista....

whatever happened to Pinoy creativity? and friggin' hard work??

haay. kailangan kasi ng pera eh.  :cry:
No glove. No love.

Offline neicon27

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2010, 06:01:11 PM »
Probably, we also lacked the support that our fellow artists need. Kaya western songs ang kinakanta nila everytime they appear on a noon time show eh kasi western songs ang gusto nating marining.

either that or talagang wala na yung magagaling na composer ngayon. di tulad ng dati.
"Learn the rules before you break them.  That way you'd know if your breaking them right."

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2010, 10:37:43 AM »
either that or talagang wala na yung magagaling na composer ngayon. di tulad ng dati.

Totally, unarguably, indubitably, absolutely untrue!

Jay Durias, Gary Granada, Joey Ayala, Cynthia Ayala Alexander, Noel Mendez, Freestyle, Totop Suzara...

Need I continue?

Napakaraming Pinoy na musiko't kompositor ang nagsusulat ng napakaraming mga kantang magaganda. Bumobobo lang ang mga bossing at dumarami ang mga walang tiwala sa Musika't nananalig lang sa salapi.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline trojanvundo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2010, 06:57:06 AM »
kung pipiratahin lang naman e sayang sa pawis at dugo
I don't bully, I just have standards, on and offline.

william251082

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »
the only reason "it sells" is coz its the only thing rammed down people's throats so much that people have no choice but to like 'em... not just covers but backwards pop music in general.

if all the labels took risks and tried to elevate the minds of the masses, we could end up like japan or someday, the US, where diversity and open-mindedness cultivated markets for all kinds of art and music.

but no, the labels can't risk that. its still a business and they have families to feed. reality check for the idealistic.
Ang say ko lang dyan sa mga labels ay kung gusto may paraan, kung ayaw may dahilan. In other words, hindi sila interested sa creativity.

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2010, 11:25:21 PM »
pera pera lang yan

Offline chiqgarcia

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2010, 12:43:50 AM »
there is a song where the male member sang... I cant stand it.. the notes are flying all over.. I just hoped this chance was given to more talented artists..

LIVE ba ito? kase meron ako narinig na either nakalimutan yung lyrics or mispronunciation (supposedly 'inside out' pero ang nabigkas 'insoud out'). parang unforgivable kung pwedeng mag-take-2 (studio) pero parang unforgivable pa rin kung LIVE kase trabaho mo yun.
Postcoital bliss is not a government housing project in Quezon City.
VidProkEnMasse ~ video processing software
http://vidprokenmasse.blogspot.com/2014/07/vidprokenmasse.html

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »
Kung sinusuportahan natin yung magagaling na banda edi sana hindi nangyayari yung ganito ngayon. daming magagaling jan lalo na sa indie scene. suporta lang kailangan.  :|

www.ProjectSmithereen.lens.ph
500px.com/projectsmithereen Canon EOS 1000D | Canon a3100 IS