hulika

Author Topic: Mic for wind instruments  (Read 4565 times)

Offline forerunnermusic

Mic for wind instruments
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:52:46 AM »
JTS CX-508

Any serious sax or trumpet player needs the right mic for your performance. whether it’s for amplification during an on stage performance or a high quality recording in the studio. Have others hear the pure soulful sounds of the sax/ trumpet the way that you do....and quality instrument mics are not as expensive as you think.

The JTS CX-508 Miniature clip on Condenser microphone is designed for the miking of brass and woodwind instruments.

Its flat response with a slight presence peak in the upper frequencies ensures natural and bright reproduction without coloration.

■ The lightweight miniature profile provides minimal physical size interference for the performer.
■ Spring type clamp with elastic grip and adjustable gooseneck for secure mounting on the horn without scratching or marring delicate
    instrument finishes.
■ Clip on design allows optimal placement position thereby eliminating the use of mic stands, reducing stage clutter and set up time.
■ Outstanding for saxophone, brass, woodwind instruments.
■ Extended frequency response and wide dynamic range for pure and natural sound without coloration.
■ Excellent shock-mount design for superior isolation from shock and vibrations.
■ Flexible gooseneck together with adjustable axis allows accurate positioning.
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Mic for wind instruments
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 12:41:24 PM »
price, condition, and contact info please?

Offline firesax

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »
mgano san pwde makita??  :mrgreen:

Offline cid_lancer

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 08:55:09 PM »
magkano nmn po b e2??
at saan po mka2bili??

Offline vincelahorra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »
Thanks for posting your ad.

Went to Hi-Fi Lounge at Festival mall with my sax last January and did a thorough test of the JTS mic. I ended up buying a CX-508W instrument microphone along with the Mipro MR-801a wireless system. I use it in big venues and "high profile" events.  I'm very happy with the ease of set-up, signal reception, battery life, the price, and most of all, the sound - very natural-sounding compared to other wireless instrument mics i have used in the past. A good investment - i highly recommend this!

Vince Lahorra

...ADDENDUM...
JTS mic: around 3,500
Mipro wireless system: around Php 15,000
Total cost:  around Php 18,500
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:01:24 AM by vincelahorra »
Vince Lahorra
Mobile Phone: 0915 641 2407
Email: vincelahorra@gmail.com

Offline kurei28

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:19:42 PM »
sir vince, do you mind sharing the prices of the items that you bought for miking your horn?

Offline deyb kos

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 04:07:19 PM »
I have also a microphone for sax, a Seinheiser (correct spelling ba) which I bought from Yupangco about 2 years ago. It is not wireless but the sound is excellent.

Offline vincelahorra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 01:56:35 AM »
JTS mic: Php 3,500
Mipro wireless system:  Php 15,000
Total cost:   Php 18,500
Great sound + reliability: priceless!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:20:32 PM by vincelahorra »
Vince Lahorra
Mobile Phone: 0915 641 2407
Email: vincelahorra@gmail.com

Offline alexssiea27

• Netizen Level
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 01:58:06 PM »
pede ung mic lang bilihin q??
everything that you think about and visualize will come true!! just always have a happy feeling and sustain that wonderful thought and the Universe itself will be the one to Provide it for you!!! ^_^