hulika

Author Topic: Congratulations to Master Perf endorsee of Dimarzio's Pickups  (Read 6612 times)

Offline david_leyson

Re: Congratulations to Master Perf endorsee of Dimarzio's Pickups
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 09:44:19 PM »
Sorry... I just dislike DiMarzios so much because there are really much better products out there that deliver.  That being said it is an achievement for somebody to be officially in the DiMarzio catalog.

Relax lang guys, we're not looking to the fact of DiMarzio is an average(mid-end) pickup-producing company o whatever it may be, but we're looking to what our fellowmen had reached, one of the endorsers of a well-known(at least for the masses) pickup brand. Well it just won't stay there forever, this is just start for sir Perf. malay natin, He'll be endorsing one of the top-most pickup-producing companies. Dahan-Dahan lang,

Congrats sir Perf! =D
Faith Hope and Love, but the Greatest of these is Love.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 01:26:02 AM »
Truly a pinoy pride. Congrats Maestro!!

Offline ciswith

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 01:46:48 AM »
congrats!!!

ot: wth guys
Musicians are not mathematicians. feeling and soul over speed and technique

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 09:15:17 AM »
Are we congratulating him because he gets FREE pickups or are we congratulating him for using an average sounding pickup brand?

Well, the truth is we are congratulating him for being the FIRST Filipino to get a DiMarzio endorsement.  So for that ... congrats.

Otherwise, there are much better sounding brands out there than DiMarzio.
i want to congratulate him for sounding good despite the "average sounding pickup brand" that he uses.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:54:12 AM by kawal »
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 09:56:11 AM »
Classic GC thread derailing the main topic.  :-P
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline anjoesatriani

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 12:15:53 PM »
I don't understand the hate with pickup brand newly endorsed by Filipino artist just because of "self-standard", or the subjective "good or bad sounding". It's like saying Petrucci, Vai, Gilbert, Satriani, and etc. have selected the Inferior brand. Just my two cents

Going back to the title of the thread. Congrats Sir Perf! Well deserved.

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 12:34:05 PM »
Congrats to Maestro Perf! :)
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 10:45:27 PM »
Custom pickup ni Perf:  PAF DE CASTRO signatures

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 08:13:37 AM »

Pwede!  :-D
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Erdy

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
galing!!!!! :wave:

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 01:35:29 PM »
Thread title should use "endorser." Artists help promote the product, not the other way around.

Anyway, way to go, Maestro Perf!

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »
hahaha pede

Offline rye715

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 08:04:56 PM »
Congratulations to Mr. Perf for this endorsement. He deserves it.

Off-Topic (kinda)

What I don't get with a few forum members here, is why do bash the brand that a fellow Pinoy musician is endorsing? Call it Internet freedom, but why on a thread dedicated to his accomplishment? Why don't you start a separate thread about it, or reply on a thread that you've actually made your point?

Why does it have to be on this thread? A hint of crab-mentality perhaps? You're happy for him for being an endorser of a brand then you bash the brand?

Francis M. once said " Iwasan mo ang ingit, Ang sa iba'y ibig mong makamit; Dapat nga ika'y matuwa sa napala ng iyong kapatid"

With all the much-vaunted gears, skills, gadgets and knowledge you have, prove/achieve something about yourself and dare get an endorsement too from your boutique brand of pick-ups.

I am happy for Perf, proud of his achievements with his music.
How about you?What are you doing about you music now?

"Musicians are, in a sense, able to manipulate energy in the form of sound. We are able to understand the nature of sound and mold it to our liking. Among other kinds of professions, we are the ones who can wield energy in one of its purest forms."

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 08:20:40 PM »
Congratulations to Mr. Perf for this endorsement. He deserves it.

Off-Topic (kinda)

What I don't get with a few forum members here, is why do bash the brand that a fellow Pinoy musician is endorsing? Call it Internet freedom, but why on a thread dedicated to his accomplishment? Why don't you start a separate thread about it, or reply on a thread that you've actually made your point?

Why does it have to be on this thread? A hint of crab-mentality perhaps? You're happy for him for being an endorser of a brand then you bash the brand?

Francis M. once said " Iwasan mo ang ingit, Ang sa iba'y ibig mong makamit; Dapat nga ika'y matuwa sa napala ng iyong kapatid"

With all the much-vaunted gears, skills, gadgets and knowledge you have, prove/achieve something about yourself and dare get an endorsement too from your boutique brand of pick-ups.

I am happy for Perf, proud of his achievements with his music.
How about you?What are you doing about you music now?

Point#1: DiMarzio is a standard neither worse nor best
Point#2: There are other much better brands than DiMarzio and also there are other more brands worse than DiMarzio
Point#3: Perf has made it to be an endorser of DiMarzio as the first Pinoy to do so

Writing music and selecting gear are two different things.  Don't need to be famous for me to be able to determine bad sounding from good sounding pickups. (Off topic lang)

I am NOT jealous.  In fact, I am happily NOT using DiMarzio Pickups. (Off topic lang)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:36:17 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 08:33:04 PM »
I don't understand the hate with pickup brand newly endorsed by Filipino artist just because of "self-standard", or the subjective "good or bad sounding". It's like saying Petrucci, Vai, Gilbert, Satriani, and etc. have selected the Inferior brand. Just my two cents

Going back to the title of the thread. Congrats Sir Perf! Well deserved.

I have owned and tested various MIJ Ibanez Signature Artist Series Guitars with Signature Pickups and at least 90% of them sound like crap.  By the way, long before Ibanez started putting Bareknuckle pickups into their guitars; I was already using them.  Just my two cents

Offline rye715

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 08:42:32 PM »
Point#2: There are other much better brands than DiMarzio and also there are other more brands worse than DiMarzio
Point#3: Perf has made it to be an endorser of DiMarzio as the first Pinoy to do so

Point#1 : No one saying it's the best or better than others as per music's subjective characteristic. But hey, you're here so let's divert the focus of the thread to oblivion.
Point#2 : That's true, but "let's do this on Perf's thread because..err  I have a point and I want to get it across...in this thread"
Point#3 : "Err no, still, let's bash it in his thread."

The mentality seeps through the cracks. Pinoy pride at its best.

Anyway, I'll stop feeding the troll.
Congratulations to Mr. Perf!

"Musicians are, in a sense, able to manipulate energy in the form of sound. We are able to understand the nature of sound and mold it to our liking. Among other kinds of professions, we are the ones who can wield energy in one of its purest forms."

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 07:52:31 AM »

Writing music and selecting gear are two different things.  Don't need to be famous for me to be able to determine bad sounding from good sounding pickups. (Off topic lang)

I am NOT jealous.  In fact, I am happily NOT using DiMarzio Pickups. (Off topic lang)

everything here, except for point #3 is irrelevant. instead of posting these comments and creating mayhem in a potentially positive thread, you may just create a new thread and maybe there we could also celebrate how awesome your pickups are.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 10:09:39 AM »
naks, grats master Perf!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »

everything here, except for point #3 is irrelevant. instead of posting these comments and creating mayhem in a potentially positive thread, you may just create a new thread and maybe there we could also celebrate how awesome your pickups are.

It is NOT my intent to celebrate MY pickups.  I just specified a clearly superior pickup brand as an example.  I use several boutique brands each with its own character.  I do not see anything negative if I say DiMarzio is average/or standard. 

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 11:36:43 AM »

Point#1 : No one saying it's the best or better than others as per music's subjective characteristic. But hey, you're here so let's divert the focus of the thread to oblivion.
Point#2 : That's true, but "let's do this on Perf's thread because..err  I have a point and I want to get it across...in this thread"
Point#3 : "Err no, still, let's bash it in his thread."

The mentality seeps through the cracks. Pinoy pride at its best.

Anyway, I'll stop feeding the troll.
Congratulations to Mr. Perf!

"Pinoy Pride" at its best... WOW.  Its so over used, for example:
Kung sabihin ko panget ang Mang Max at Elegee pickups compared to USA made pickups; sasabihin ng iba na nang insulto ako at wala akong Pinoy Pride.
Yet at the same time, gusto niyo masabi na Maganda ang USA made DiMarzio pickups in this thread because of Pinoy Pride.   Ano ba talaga? 

Ang Pinoy Pride parang mas Pinoy BIAS...

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 11:41:39 AM »

parang naging pageant na lang tong topic para ipagpugay ang nakamit ni Master Perf ah  :lol:
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2015, 02:14:22 PM »
It is NOT my intent to celebrate MY pickups.  I just specified a clearly superior pickup brand as an example. 
I use several boutique brands each with its own character.  I do not see anything negative if I say DiMarzio is average/or standard.
of course there's nothing negative with that - it is an opinion. you can even say that you're a better guitarist than perf, if you do think so.
in terms of forum ethics though, anything irrelevant is nonsensical and will stand against common forum rules. like i said, if you want to highlight the "superior pickup brand" or the "several boutique brands" that you have, then no one is stopping you from creating another thread about those topics.

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 02:43:17 PM »
TALK @ PhilMusic.com - Official Rules and Regulations

1. Keep the discussions within topic. Specific boards cater to specific posts; avoid posting off-topic/prohibited content. Don't be surprised if you get banned, you've been forewarned.

2. Respect each other's opinions. Avoid fighting and profanity; Any signs of destructive criticisms/arguments will be altered/deleted. PM the mods to mediate if in case.

Nasaan na mga mods na mag-iimplement ng rules???
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 06:39:54 PM »
Nasaan na mga mods na mag-iimplement ng rules???

well, technically in topic naman so far. i mean they are talking about dimarzio.

and so far wala pa namang sobrang heated argument.

let's keep it cool guys.

let's just congratulate perf for an endorsement deal that most of us would like to have too. *keyword is most*

hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha