hulika

Author Topic: Pls delete mods thanks.  (Read 8749 times)

Offline burnthyfret

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Switching to tube amps thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 03:22:02 PM »
Laney cub tapos pedals pwede na yun pambahay.  :wave:

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 07:08:41 PM »
:? So what do should I expect when switching to tube amp?

Any good tube amps suggestions that can be bought locally?

I like Warm Round sounding amps :D

Hmm, what to expect...

As someone who owns a tube amp, and a solid state amp, both of comparable power and volume capabilities, here are some of my observations:
1. A tube amp will almost always "receive" your pedals "better" than solid state amps - in other words, more pedal-friendly, due to the softer treble and natural tendency of the circuit to compress "misbehaving" frequencies
2. A tube amp will 99.9% of the time sound louder than a solid state one, despite similar wattage ratings. Even a 30 watt Ibanez TS tube head was capable of drowning out my Marshall MG100 amp, despite the latter's volume controls being set to 10.
3. You will feel more satisfied with the sound of the tube amp. It's an experience that's hard to describe in words, but whether you plug your guitar in directly without pedals, or with a full pedalboard of effects, you can count on a loud tube amplifier to "embrace" you with a sound that makes you want to keep playing.
4. You will have to know the numbers and names of people who can service your amp, in case it's time to change out the tubes. I personally trust Mang Raul Quesada for repairs and technical stuff, but I have successfully added some bias points to my amp so I can change out the tubes myself if ever the need arises.

Good luck bro. You are taking part in a decades-long tradition of playing through the original definitions (definers?) of great electric guitar tone. I'm sure you'll like it a lot.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 08:54:20 AM »
Once you go tube...
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 09:09:13 AM »
may ritemed ba nito? :D
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 12:43:39 PM »
may ritemed ba nito? :D

Very good papi hindi ka nahiyang magtanong LOL  :lol:
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 01:42:15 PM »
Hmm, what to expect...

As someone who owns a tube amp, and a solid state amp, both of comparable power and volume capabilities, here are some of my observations:
1. A tube amp will almost always "receive" your pedals "better" than solid state amps - in other words, more pedal-friendly, due to the softer treble and natural tendency of the circuit to compress "misbehaving" frequencies
2. A tube amp will 99.9% of the time sound louder than a solid state one, despite similar wattage ratings. Even a 30 watt Ibanez TS tube head was capable of drowning out my Marshall MG100 amp, despite the latter's volume controls being set to 10.
3. You will feel more satisfied with the sound of the tube amp. It's an experience that's hard to describe in words, but whether you plug your guitar in directly without pedals, or with a full pedalboard of effects, you can count on a loud tube amplifier to "embrace" you with a sound that makes you want to keep playing.
4. You will have to know the numbers and names of people who can service your amp, in case it's time to change out the tubes. I personally trust Mang Raul Quesada for repairs and technical stuff, but I have successfully added some bias points to my amp so I can change out the tubes myself if ever the need arises.

Good luck bro. You are taking part in a decades-long tradition of playing through the original definitions (definers?) of great electric guitar tone. I'm sure you'll like it a lot.

good stuff!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 04:20:09 PM »

good stuff!

I like this as well kasi sobrang totoo. Problem is, after masanay sa tube amps, when I auditioned the new Marshall Code 25 and 50 @ JB it literally felt stiff on my picking hand. Hinahanap hanap ko yung sag at yung compression. Masasanay ang brain mo sa response ng tube amps kaya proceed with caution.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 04:53:32 PM »
I like this as well kasi sobrang totoo. Problem is, after masanay sa tube amps, when I auditioned the new Marshall Code 25 and 50 @ JB it literally felt stiff on my picking hand. Hinahanap hanap ko yung sag at yung compression. Masasanay ang brain mo sa response ng tube amps kaya proceed with caution.

kaya nga once you go tube... wala na sa fingers ang tone HAHAHAHAHA
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 05:36:02 PM »

Unless your fingers have sag... Hohoho  :lol:
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline SexyLicks

• Formerly known as "Paokour"
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 09:09:20 PM »

haha

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »
Di ko na nga ginagamit yung blackstar beam .. pang home music speaker nalang suya recebtly
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2017, 06:54:15 AM »
Agreed sa lahat ng points. If anythin, modelers and some solid state amps have come really close to nailing -- if not completely nailing --- tube amp tone. Playability and dynamic response of tube amps on the other hand have yet to be modeled accurately by any of the devices out there.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:12:29 PM by titser_marco »
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2017, 10:56:29 AM »
I have always wanted to shift to tube amps. However, the lack of qualified tube amp techs here in our province is a big deterrent for me.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »
Di ko na nga ginagamit yung blackstar beam .. pang home music speaker nalang suya recebtly

still an awesome practice/bedroom amp. I like the fact na you can practice lots of different tones without needing a pedal board hahaha

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2017, 03:52:23 PM »
Agreed sa lahat ng points. If anythin, modelers and some solid state amps have come really close if not completely nailed the tube tone. Playability and dynamic response of tube amps on the other hand have yet to be modeled accurately by any of the devices out there.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Agree completely! As a listener, it might be hard to tell the diff between tube and SS amps but playing is something else completely! The "feel" of a tube amp is lot more inspiring.  :-D

Offline slowspeeder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2017, 08:58:43 AM »
sound gets grittier as the tubes warm or gets hot. Doesn't naturally happen in a Ss.
Gibson LP Std + Marshall Stack = Rock n Blues
JPP CA 4xx gLp/AF#3x a/s/p/Cc#&/MMc#x8

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2017, 01:14:23 PM »
still an awesome practice/bedroom amp. I like the fact na you can practice lots of different tones without needing a pedal board hahaha

yes, a convenient piece of gear, best just to plug direct ..quick and hassle free
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2017, 04:27:27 PM »
Parang champ clone except may additional knobs and switch. I have a 57 champ clone gawa ni Mang Raul and I really like the tone.

present! this month lang ako nagtry, nagka chance kasi may nagbenta ng handwired 3-5watt amp na maliit at magaan at may plexi glass  circuit display, grabe, di naman siya super highend or branded, pero dapat dati ko pa ginawa to..di ko na ginagamit yung blackstar beam ko..and for the longest time, solidstates at small digital amps lang gamit ko..microcube,...closest ko is blackstar ht1r and a orange microterror..pero was a brief stint....ibang iba..hhehe..

di lang ako maka GAS ng husto ng better bigger amps..kasi hassle sa pag lipad or pag travel sa laki at bigat, and di ko naman mabibirit ng husto sa bahay... though gusto ko kahit 1x12..hahaha

pero im a convert...lalo sa fuzz pedals..mas maganda yung output.. now I know bakit mga nakakadeal ko na top gitarista dito puro tube amp gamit

di naman siya ganun ka fender deluxe reverb tone pero, ok nadin for the price and the convenience..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:38:15 PM by royc »

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2017, 04:32:01 PM »
Let me fix it guys sounds wrong.

Here sir :) Some answers corrected

1. What's your budget? 15-20k (Adjusted)
-- pasok ang VHT or pagawa ka ng clone kay Mang Raul
2. How big and how loud an amp do you need? For my room or pwede din pang gig somewhere around 20-30 watts equivalent if Solid state
-- a 5W tube amp is very loud although not much clean headroom. A 15W tube amp will shake the walls of your bedroom.
3. Any notable clean sound you're after? Something close to fender. Where do you guys get that Goldea stuff?
4. Any notable overdriven sound you're after? If drive from a Pedal I like Zendrive or any zendrive clone like Rumble drive from mooer.
5. Is the clean or overdriven sound more important to you?
Cleans more
-- Most low watt tube amps have low clean headroom. You usually get a tube amp for the slightly distorted to distorted tone.
6. Do you need an fx loop? Nope

Hope this helps :)

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2017, 04:37:21 PM »
One more thing. Let us know if you will get a single channel tube amp para mabigyan ka ng tip pano gamitin. Medyo iba yan sa usual two channels na you can switch between clean and dirty. Sa single channel tube amp there is a way to make it go from clean to crunch just by changing how hard you pick or strum.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2017, 06:19:04 PM »
*grabs popcorn as today's episode of "how can i make this about me" starts*
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline SexyLicks

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 07:00:58 AM »
Thanks for all the Input guys :D I found the right Tube amp for me now.

:D

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 09:34:19 AM »
Thanks for all the Input guys :D I found the right Tube amp for me now.

:D

what did you get bro? or what are you planning to get?

congrats!

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2017, 06:15:41 AM »
IMHO its not that of a Big Step Coz probably by now you already mastered the art of tweaking them knobs and dialing the exact tone, I Love and Miss the Tone of My Solid State Marshall 4040 (Unless You wanna Play Louder LOL!) The Only Downside of playing With Tubes is They are F**ng Heavy to Carry Around and gig with it enjoy the new amp man!
SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline SexyLicks

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2017, 04:42:42 PM »
what did you get bro? or what are you planning to get?

congrats!

A Fender Reverb or Tube Driver Amp :D