hulika

Author Topic: Artemis Review and Comments  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Rexmusic

Artemis Review and Comments
« on: June 01, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »
Mga sir,

Question po. Alam nyo po ba yung brand na "Artemis"? Okay po ba na sax to? hingi po ako ng mga reviews at feedback sa inyo. Thank you.

Offline Rexmusic

Re: Artemis Review and Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:15:52 PM »
HELP  :-(

Offline dingricon

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 01:56:52 AM »
never heard of this brand.....maybe another chinese brand?....
another SA80II copy?..but not sure of its quality....

Offline Rexmusic

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
Thank you sir.

Offline Rexmusic

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »
Sir,

how about Elkhart Panamerica alto sax? Pros and cons? thanks.

Offline dingricon

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »
stencil of conn..vintage model.. nice vintage tone but i don't like the keys on the older ones(if the lower bell keys are separate) pinky & LH palm keys..used to own this years ago..if u have a chance find a  model of pan-am similar to 6m

Offline dingricon

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 06:26:35 PM »
ooppsss..
ELKHART - BY BUESCHER
PAN-AMERICAN BY CONN
but panamericans are made in elkhart,USA
 anong tatak sa bell?
pics?

Offline Rexmusic

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »
Mga sir,

Question po ulit ano po mas okay:

Buescher Aristocrat or Selmer Bundy?

Thanks. Need you help mga idol.

Offline deyb kos

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 03:26:23 PM »
Mga sir,

If I were you I would not rely on the opinion of others. Play both horns and use your own judgment. What maybe suited for one may not necessarily be the horn fit for you. Just to give you an example: Keilweirth is reputedly one of the best sax but I will not buy it and instead I would choose a Yamaha which I did ( a YAS 82ZB Customs Alto) because the ergonomics of Yamahas are tailored fit for players with shorter fingers like me. Think of it, how can you play well if you are not comfortable hitting the different keys of your sax.

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 11:31:58 AM »
If I were you I would not rely on the opinion of others. Play both horns and use your own judgment. What maybe suited for one may not necessarily be the horn fit for you. Just to give you an example: Keilweirth is reputedly one of the best sax but I will not buy it and instead I would choose a Yamaha which I did ( a YAS 82ZB Customs Alto) because the ergonomics of Yamahas are tailored fit for players with shorter fingers like me. Think of it, how can you play well if you are not comfortable hitting the different keys of your sax.

+1...... but the availability of the saxophones here in the Philippines are so few and I think that's the reason why we need to hear the wisdom from the great players here :)

Mga sir,

google it my friend ;) and then pag nakaharap mo na yung dalwang saxophones at nahipan..... choose what you're "heart" says.

kung meron kang nakita at nalaman mong magandang quality at tunog....buy it !! huwag ka ng maghintay, sayang ang oras.  Dahil kung hihintayin mo yung magandang klase... ....baka wala ka ng pera .....or mas mahal pa yon at mag-iipon ka na naman ulet.

Bro, nagsimula ako sa Selmer BUndy II, d ako naghanap pa ng iba kung anung brand ang mas maganda. Ang pinaka-objective ko ay tumgtog at hipan ang sax.  nag-paturo ako sa teacher ng five sessions and then on my own na.

nung ma-alam na akong tumugtog....may sumulpot na Yamaha YAS32 na alto.  Luckily, 13th month at may pandagdag para mabili yung sax .  Nalaman ko sa sax na may singaw kaya pinaayos. Inad-just lang ng konti at ready to go na.  I sold the Selmer BUndy dahil mas gusto ko ang ergonomics ng yamaha. 

En then after several months, may dumating na Conn tenor sax and i bought it. don ko nalaman na mas gusto ko ang tenor.  Tapos, nakasubok ako ng conn chu alto at dito ko nalaman na tunog lata (manipis..honestly) yung yamaha. kinuha ko yung chu at binenta ko yung Yamaha.  Nung nabenta ko yung Yamaha...sakto....dumating yung MarkVI tenor.   :lol:

ang tanong ko lang.... kung naghintay ako kung anung brand ang mganda, would you think na magkakaroon ako ng COnn Naked Lady, Conn Chu alto at Selmer Mark VI sa huli????

.....i don't think so  :wink:

Offline deyb kos

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »
If you live in Metro Manila and you want to buy a brand new saxophone, your choice is limited to:

1. P. Mauriat which you can buy from ROS
            2. Yamaha (23,275 and for Soprano 475), available in Yupangco
            3. Fernando (made in China) available in JBs

Before, JBs used to sell Conn 24Ms and 27Ms. My practice horn is a Conn 24M which I bought from JB. It is a versatile horn in terms of built and sound quality although sax players with shorter fingers may not be at ease hitting the table keys.

Maybe another factor that should be considered in buying a sax is its resale value. Sorry to say but I think Artemis will not command a good resale value should you decide later on to sell it. This is where the so called big 4 in saxophones, Selmer Paris, Keilweirth, Yamaha and Yanagisawa have an edge over the others because they command a good resale value.

Offline Rexmusic

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 09:38:40 AM »
Mga bro,

Thank you for all the advise. I just got my first sax yesterday. Yahooo! heheh Selmer Bundy II. Astig! Kaso di pa ko marunong. Hirap pa ko umiihip. Pero naka buo na ko ng major scale. Binili ko pala kay mang panny. Sobrang bait talaga.

-sir bka may mga tips kayo for beginners like me. Thanks.
-baka may kilala kayo sax teacher near SM fairview. Let me know. Thanks.

Regards

rexmusic

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »
Mga bro,

Thank you for all the advise. I just got my first sax yesterday. Yahooo! heheh Selmer Bundy II. Astig! Kaso di pa ko marunong. Hirap pa ko umiihip. Pero naka buo na ko ng major scale. Binili ko pala kay mang panny. Sobrang bait talaga.

Regards

rexmusic

Congratz bro!!

bro, may cel number ka ba ni Mang Panny? Nawala yung kopya ko...hehehe

bro, try mo ito

http://www.coolschoolvideo.com/Saxophone1_index.html

bro, sandamak-mak ang lessons dito...http://www.saxontheweb.net/Resources/Sitemap.html#Instrument

bro, try to get a teacher just to get you started. 

P.S. Bro, beginner pa din ako at very HAPPY with my decision to take this instrument. Bihira na akong nag-gigitara dahil sa sax  :lol:

Offline deyb kos

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 02:47:38 PM »
Mga bro,

Regards

rexmusic

You made the right decision in getting a Selmer Bundy II. Althogh I have not played one, I heard good comments about the Bundy II.

Taking sax lesson in U.P is a good idea. The teacher Michael Guevarra is  known sax player and he is really good.

Offline Rexmusic

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 10:56:42 AM »
Thanks guys.

Yung bass ko di ko narin nagagamit. hehehe di ako nagkamali sa sax. Kahit mahirap sa simula lam ko worth it kapag nagpraktis ako ng maiigi. hehehe

Offline Rexmusic

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 10:37:26 AM »
Mga sir,

Baka may kilala kayo sax teacher near fairview or QC. Thanks.