hulika

Poll

XBOX 360 vs PS3

XBOX 360
6 (33.3%)
PS3
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Reasons to buy.... (XBOX 360/PS3) VOTE!!  (Read 16293 times)

Offline rebeltube_tim

Re: Reasons to buy.... (XBOX 360/PS3) VOTE!!
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2008, 01:55:30 PM »
^^ great game... one of the reasons talaga...

:-D

"Sabi ng nanay ko powgi daw ako... Thanks for nothing Bello and Calayan!"

Offline powerchord41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2008, 01:19:28 AM »
for PS3 resistance, mirrors edge, god of war3, gta4, little big planet and the bluray player for movies... though it's really expensive to have lalo na pag may mga bagong games na lumalabas pati may bagong bluray movies...  :-(  pero sureball next year will be a bigger year for the ps3... mejo bitin game releases nila ngayong taon... with that in mind... ipon pa lalo... hehe!

xbox360 halo3, gears of war and gears of war2 and tons of games to choose from... pati pag kulang ka sa budget may means of getting cheaper games... hehe!

if you really like playing games and you have lots of time and lots of budget... just get both... hehe! pareho naman silang satisfying... magkakatalo lang talga sila sa kung anong games ang mas gusto mong laruin...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:22:40 AM by powerchord41 »
ayos!

Offline crosstrainer

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »
satisfied PS3 user here.

I'm really not a hard-core gamer, and i just wanted a gaming system + blu ray player in one.  purchased it with a 1080p LCD tv para ayos.

bitin nga ang games for PS3, but thankfully, i'm okay with the current game selection. and besides, I only have a few hours a week of free time to play.  in fact, i really only play rockband 1 and 2 now.

cost-wise, lalabas mas mura ang jack sparrow capable xbox 360. get 10 orig games for the ps3, eh halos bumili ka na ng modded 360 + 10 games of your choice.

i will buy a 360 soon, and perhaps a wii.  pero the 3RL thing still scares me even with the falcon mobo.  bahala na.

pero teka, if you guys are all reading this and playing games, paano na music natin?  :-D
8 guitars, 4 amps and only two hands. Time to let go.

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »
Also satisfied with the PS3. haha. Kahit mahal games, sobraaaang sulit naman  :-)

Offline kozki

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008, 01:17:47 PM »
pag pede na i pirate mga games ng ps3..

saka kami bibili..hehe..

Peace, Love and Heavy Metal!

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2008, 01:24:19 PM »
pag pede na i pirate mga games ng ps3..

saka kami bibili..hehe..

Pag may pirated na PS3 baka magkaroon ng PSN blocking. Hindi rin enjoy ang PS3 experience pag ganun

Why Piracy Hasn't Hit The PS3
In Asia’s gaming culture, piracy has been common place for every major game console since the NES. In the mid 90’s a device called the UFO, allowed ROM games stored on floppy disks to be played on the SNES via a disk-drive like device that sat on top of the SNES. The 32-bit era saw the rise of mod-chips and insane swap-tricks to get past CD region lockouts.

Not much has changed in the generations that followed. Even today, the Xbox 360, Wii, DS and PSP have all fallen victim to heavy piracy. The advent of torrent sites and faster download speeds don’t do the major players any favors either. The PS3, on the other hand, remains a different story. I have been keeping an eye on the local pirating scene, and with almost a year after the PS3’s release, it appears to be the only console piracy free. On that note, I have concluded these reasons for the PS3’s success in the anti-piracy war.(Note : despite the tone of this article, I have no doubt that eventually, technology will catch up and savvy pirates will have their way)

4. Hardware complexity
Let me preface this by saying that I’m by no means an engineer or have any expertise with console hardware, but from what I’ve heard from around the Net, I’ve decided to include this point with some doubt. With the Xbox 360, all that is needed is to flash the DVD drives firmware, for the Wii, a simple modchip install. The only hiccup would come with future software updates. The PS3, unlike the Xbox 360, does not do incremental firmware updates, each PS3 firmware update completely replaces the previouslt installed version, leaving me to the think that any exploited areas in the software would be eliminated. Unless someone out there commits to creating custom firmware, similar to the PSP homebrew scene, running something like the an HD loader or installing a modchip seems an unlikely option.

3. Blu-Ray
Despite the whole next-gen format war, Blu-ray has served Sony on multiple fronts. First of all, touting a size limit of around 50gb for a dual layer BD-ROM. Very few sane people would go through the trouble of downloading or uploading such a large ISO file. Also, Blu-Ray disc burners are still out of the price range of the mass market.

2. Region-free games
As hard as it is to believe, there are people out there who have their consoles modded for the sole purpose of importing. With games such as Kingdom Hearts 2 : Final Remix available only to the japanese market, its hard to ignore that any hardcore gamer has gone through the whole importing process before. with the PS3 being region-free, with most games released in Asia already coming with an option for English as the primary language, Sony has appeased the importing community. Importing, was also the primary justification for shops to carry mod-chips in the first place, this move thereby eliminates this excuse for pirates to hide behind.

1. High price point
With the early adopter having to shell out $600, anything with even the slightest risk of bricking the system will give any PS3 owner nightmares. This seems to be the prevailing sentiment on many forum threads I’ve read, many people just don’t want to risk the PS3 the same way they did with their past consoles. As a side-effect to having a high price point, the installed base isn’t as high as the Xbox 360 or the Wii, bringing little payoff to those who would have to go through all the trouble.

http://phgamer.wordpress.com/2007/10/30/top-4-reasons-piracy-hasnt-hit-the-ps3/

Offline otep

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2008, 04:31:39 PM »
bili na lang pareho

ako kahit gusto ko talaga bumili ng 360 or ps3 wala ako pera

wii lang afford namin hehe enjoy din naman different way of playing haha

Offline alvin_11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 10:46:34 PM »
Problema pa rin ba yung 3rl sa mga bagong labas na 360 ngayon? meron kasi akong 360 dito kaso na 3rl na. nakatambak nalang ngayon. nakakatakot pa rin kasi baka maulit nanaman.
alvin.

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2009, 01:12:25 AM »
Some people describe the Xbox 360 as a watered down version of the PlayStation 3. Those people are more right than they imagined.

A new book, entitled "The Race For A New Game Machine" reveals that the Xbox 360's tech was built around the technology of the PS3's Cell processor. The book was written by David Shippy and Mickie Philips, two major figures behind the design of the Cell.

The book reveals that back in 2001, Sony partnered with Toshiba and IBM to make the Cell chip. During its development, Microsoft approached IBM to have their own chip built around components of the Cell chip. From Wall Street Journal:

All three of the original partners had agreed that IBM would eventually sell the Cell to other clients. But it does not seem to have occurred to Sony that IBM would sell key parts of the Cell before it was complete and to Sony's primary videogame-console competitor.The result was that Sony's R&D money was spent creating a component for Microsoft to use against it.

Mr. Shippy and Ms. Phipps detail the resulting absurdity: IBM employees hiding their work from Sony and Toshiba engineers in the cubicles next to them; the Xbox chip being tested a few floors above the Cell design teams.

Mr. Shippy says that he felt "contaminated" as he sat down with the Microsoft engineers, helping them to sketch out their architectural requirements with lessons learned from his earlier work on Playstation.

You may be wondering, if they both had the same tech, how did the Xbox 360 get to the market first? Explains WSJ:

Both designs were delivered on time to IBM's manufacturing division, but there was a problem with the first chip run. Microsoft had had the foresight to order backup manufacturing capacity from a third party. Sony did not and had to wait another six weeks to get their first chips.

So Microsoft actually got the chip that Sony helped design before Sony did. In the end, Microsoft's Xbox 360 hit its target launch in November 2005, becoming its own success. Because of various delays, the Playstation 3 was pushed back a full year.

Probably the most painful part for Sony is that they paid US$ 400 million for the technology.

haha. kaya pala...

Offline back.to.BASSics

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »
if ever given a chance... I hope to have both... PS3 & XBOX..  :-D

unfortunately.... PSP lang ang afford ko... he he he...  :-D

peace...  :mrgreen:
without music, life is a mistake...

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009, 01:18:49 PM »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »
meron pa yan. yung triangle naman stands for 3rl :-)