hulika

Author Topic: Denon vs American Audio?  (Read 5913 times)

Offline jplacson

Denon vs American Audio?
« on: August 21, 2006, 05:06:08 PM »
All DJs... just a quick question,

I'm looking to get a rig... either Denon S1000 or the American Audio CDI300.. any opinions on which one is better?  Thanks!
DOPPLER AUDIO

Offline wilsonmb

• Philmusicus Noobitus
hmmm
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:27:48 PM »
look at my post you myt be interested...

Denon is a fine brand as with Pioneer but I believe they are much expensive. American Audio also good (from american dj) CDI 300 is the cheapest scratch cd player without sound effects its also same model as one of Stantons CD Player.
Im an Abstract Sculptor, Mountainbiker and a Guitar Fanatico...

Offline jplacson

Denon vs American Audio?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 01:07:24 PM »
Thanks wilson... I'm looking to get a full rig, not just one.  So looks like I'm going for the Denon DNSX1000 set of my cousin.
DOPPLER AUDIO

Offline DjMOSA

• Netizen Level
Denon vs American Audio?
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 11:11:54 AM »
it depends on which u want to do with it???

are u looking for effects and what not??

are u looking for a dual cd player???

are u lookign for a Mp3 option??

... well here's my thoughts on CDDJ players..

IMHO

PIONEER is the way to go .. .they're solid, Dj friendly, and they're everywhere in most clubs I've dj-ed at .. in the past ... try their cdj-100 cd player or the cdj-800 model .. if money is an issue... i rather invest money on those models rather than american dj, and denon ( sorry to the other guy ... but its just my own opinon.. and pls dont take it the wrong way .. )

A denon representative asked me to come to their coorporate office when they were here in houston  a year or so ago... and I've got to say ... as a DJ of 10 years ... I wasnt impress about the capabilities of a denon ... it wasnt as sturdy or dependable in my opinion... and the options, and the effects wasnt DJ friendly at all ...

or if u want to go with the cd player with a vinyl feel .... go with ....NUMARK CDX....

Offline nongx

Denon vs American Audio?
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »
denon for the best, im using denon, and they are well known manufacturer
of CD player

regards
nongx

Offline jtech

• Philmusicus Noobitus
denon?
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 10:47:20 PM »
denon i find the jog wheel not that precise...
american audio are like behringer's they're cheap and wear out easy

if u got skrill... get a pair or pioneer 800 scratching on that baby is sweet
while a NUMARK CDX is off tha hook!

Offline DjMOSA

• Netizen Level
Re: denon?
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 08:53:43 AM »
Quote from: jtech
denon i find the jog wheel not that precise...
american audio are like behringer's they're cheap and wear out easy

if u got skrill... get a pair or pioneer 800 scratching on that baby is sweet
while a NUMARK CDX is off tha hook!

amen to that ...  8)

Offline JET_AUDIO_DMC

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Denon vs American Audio?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 12:39:04 PM »
Sirs,

In my opinion, it's not the BRAND that counts or should I say it's not the LOOKS that counts.  PIONEER is well known, but i've seen DJs owning Pioneers who can't even use all the features and functions of it.  Meaning.... if you close your EYES and hear how they MIX AND SPINS, you can conclude that they are just using CHINA MADE MIXERS.  DENON is work of art CD Player, probably the information is mis-leading, it is not true that the JOG wheel is inaccurate.  Maybe the DJ using it is the one who is INACCURATE. I'm sorry to say that...  American Audio is good for starters and it doesn't necessarily means that PROs cannot use or PROs are not gonna be labeled as PROs if they are going to use AMERICAN AUDIO.

The bottom line here is not the player or the brand, but - BY HOW YOU ARE GOING TO USED THEM AND BECOME AND EFFECTIVE DJ?

MIXED AND SPIN WITH THE HEART, BEING A DJ SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN THE HEART.  SO THAT WHATEVER CD PLAYER YOU HAVE YOU'RE ALWAYS READY TO BATTLE!

PEACE!

JET_AUDIO