hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 348430 times)

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #750 on: July 05, 2009, 07:38:55 AM »
Hello Mayer-fanatics, please watch my cover of In You Atmosphere! Grabe favorite ko talaga to the first time I heard and watched it sa DVD. Panalo! Genius talaga si idol.

fine job!  ok din ang camera work  :-)
Pulling Teeth!

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #751 on: July 05, 2009, 08:09:10 AM »
Hello Mayer-fanatics, please watch my cover of In You Atmosphere! Grabe favorite ko talaga to the first time I heard and watched it sa DVD. Panalo! Genius talaga si idol.

nice work kid, very nice. i liked it. standing ovation man!!! i hope to see you on our EB.

Offline bh

« Reply #752 on: July 05, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #753 on: July 06, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »
master lawrence! panalo yung cover mo! idol tlaga ha!

Offline rust

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #754 on: July 06, 2009, 08:40:13 PM »
up for john mayer...cool sya..

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #755 on: July 06, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #756 on: July 07, 2009, 05:55:55 AM »
Tagal naman ng jamming! Set nyo na ang date :D
“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” - J.S. Bach

Music Furniture

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #757 on: July 08, 2009, 12:33:05 PM »

John Mayer Human Nature instrumental performance on Michael Jackson Memorial. Grabe! This performance moved me.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #758 on: July 08, 2009, 03:11:06 PM »

John Mayer Human Nature instrumental performance on Michael Jackson Memorial. Grabe! This performance moved me.

i was supposed to post this this morning.. anyway, i watched the entire memorial tribute. it was emotional and i admit, i teared. i was in 1st year high school when Thriller came out. human nature was the coolest slow song in that album, but with Johnny's style.. it's amazing.

bitin lang..

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #759 on: July 08, 2009, 04:11:48 PM »
i was supposed to post this this morning.. anyway, i watched the entire memorial tribute. it was emotional and i admit, i teared. i was in 1st year high school when Thriller came out. human nature was the coolest slow song in that album, but with Johnny's style.. it's amazing.

bitin lang..

Yup you're absolutely right, it was "bitin" talaga. Nabitin ako dun sa huling solo niya eh. Grabe parang umiiyak yung gitara.. so emotional. Actually, I thought he was going to sing the song after his intro kasi may mic sa harap niya.

Emotional nga din talaga yung memorial.

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #760 on: July 08, 2009, 09:24:10 PM »
IMHO ayos yung simula nya.. pero yung may band na .. thats it for me.. di bagay eh.. although i read , that the jackson family asked him to perform nung mismong araw ..
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #761 on: July 08, 2009, 10:46:33 PM »
IMHO ayos yung simula nya.. pero yung may band na .. thats it for me.. di bagay eh.. although i read , that the jackson family asked him to perform nung mismong araw ..
Not to sound bias pero for me, swak na swak.. especially nung second verse, nung mas lumakas. In my opinion lang naman! 8-)

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #762 on: July 09, 2009, 02:12:34 AM »

di naman ako nabitin. I loved it!!! Para akong nauppercut ni mayer. I didn't expect.

He knew about it days before bro. He announced it on twitter hehehe he said he'll be there to represent our generation who can't be there in person.

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #763 on: July 09, 2009, 05:10:50 AM »
Ganda nga nung unang part, parang medyo humina lang nung pumasok yung full band, baka sa youtube lang or sa mix ang prob.  Very minimalist yung approach nya.  I guess yun ang ibig sabihin nya when he said contribute sa tweet nya:

"I also want you to know that I'm going not to "perform" but to contribute... Proud to be a musician."

Just imagine na parang backing track sya and MJ is singing over his lines.  He proved na without MJ something is missing :D
“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” - J.S. Bach

Music Furniture

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #764 on: July 12, 2009, 09:26:59 AM »
guys,

i just wanted to share.. the 'Battle Studies'

http://www.johnmayer.com/battlestudies/?

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #765 on: July 28, 2009, 11:47:16 PM »
he's a Guitar Hero indeed! hehehehe..

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #766 on: September 03, 2009, 01:05:52 AM »
guys! sino meron na? 2009 calendar:

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #767 on: September 03, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
JM owns!
yeah! pede na pang G3 hehe.. :wink:

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #768 on: September 03, 2009, 09:29:41 PM »
re-post:

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #769 on: September 10, 2009, 03:50:06 AM »
The Immortals - The Greatest Artists of All Time: 6) Jimi Hendrix
By John Mayer

Posted Apr 15, 2004 12:00 AM

Jimi Hendrix is one of those extraordinary hubs of music where everybody lands at some point. Every musician passes through Hendrix International Airport eventually -- whether you're a Black Sabbath fan or an Elmore James fan; whether you like Hanson or the Grateful Dead. He is the common denominator of every style of contemporary music. There were so many sides to his playing. Was he a bluesman? Listen to "Voodoo Chile" and you'll hear some of the eeriest blues you can find. Was he a rock musician? He used volume as a device. That's rock. Was he a sensitive singer-songwriter? In "Bold As Love," he sings, "My yellow in this case is not so mellow/In fact I'm trying to say it's frightened like me" -- that is a man who knows the shape of his heart.

So often, he's portrayed as a loud, psychedelic rock star lighting his guitar on fire. But when I think of Hendrix, I think of some of the most placid, lovely guitar sounds on songs like "One Rainy Wish," "Little Wing" and "Drifting." "Little Wing" is painfully short and painfully beautiful. It's like your grandfather coming back from the dead and hanging out with you for a minute and a half and then going away. It's perfect, then it's gone.

I think the reason musicians love Hendrix's playing so much is that the language of it was so native to his head and heart. He had a secret relationship with playing the guitar, and though it was incredibly technical and based in theory, it was his theory. And I think that was sacred to him. That's why you almost never read an interview with him explaining his live-gear setup or his favorite scales. That's part of what made his playing so compelling -- all you heard was the color. The math is what's been applied ever since.

I discovered Hendrix by way of Stevie Ray Vaughan. I heard Stevie Ray do "Little Wing," and I started working my way backward to Hendrix. The first Hendrix record I bought was Axis: Bold As Love, because it had "Little Wing" on it. I remember staring at the album cover for hours. Then I remember spending months listening to Electric Ladyland, which was very creepy. There's something dark about it in certain places that maybe Hendrix was too honest to hide.

Hendrix invented a kind of cool. The cool of a big conch-shell belt. The cool of boots that your jeans are tucked into. If Jimi Hendrix is an influence on somebody, you can immediately tell. Give me a guy who's got some kind of weird-ass goatee and an applejack hat, and you just go, "He got to you, didn't he?"

Hendrix has the allure of the tragic figure: We all wish we were genius enough to die before we're twenty-eight. People want to paint him as this lonely, shy figure who managed to let himself open up on the stage and play straight colors through the crowd. There's something heroic about it, but there's nothing human about it. Everybody is so caught up in the otherworldliness of Jimi Hendrix. I prefer to think about his human side. He was a man who had a Social Security number, not an alien. The merchandising companies made the Space God. They put Jimi Hendrix's face on a tie-dyed T-shirt, and somehow that's what he became. But when I listen to Hendrix, I just hear a man, and that's when it's most beautiful -- when you remember that another human being was capable of what he achieved. I will always try to attain that kind of control on the guitar: Hendrix's playing was sloppy, but it was controlled. Who I am as a guitarist is defined by my failure to become Jimi Hendrix. And that's who a lot of people have become. However far you stop on your climb to be like him, that's who you are.

[From Issue 946 — April 15, 2004]

thanks Bjorn!

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #770 on: September 10, 2009, 04:29:56 AM »
Nice post about JM talking about Hendrix there. 

Music Furniture

Offline yeyeh

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #771 on: September 11, 2009, 08:48:47 AM »
mawalang galang lang po,dahil mayer club to,meron kayang bassist at drummer dito na pwedeng ayain magjam jam lang :)namimiss ko na tumugtog grabeh,huling gig ko febuary pa:) kamusta naman hehehe..more power sa thread nato!tuloytuloy lang.

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #772 on: September 11, 2009, 01:26:12 PM »
mawalang galang lang po,dahil mayer club to,meron kayang bassist at drummer dito na pwedeng ayain magjam jam lang :)namimiss ko na tumugtog grabeh,huling gig ko febuary pa:) kamusta naman hehehe..more power sa thread nato!tuloytuloy lang.

Kuya len hehehehh di mo na need ng mga backup. kaw lang solo eh mismong mismo na, youve got to here this man play, mayer na mayer as is ehhehehhe
AMMK!!!

Offline yeyeh

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #773 on: September 11, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
may ganun pang hirit eh,wag ganun sir israel...gusto ko lang ng mga kajam sana,nagiisa ko ngayon sa world eh.kailangan ko ng mga friendshipness hehehe.sana meron dito!bagong luto guitara ko kasi kaya excited mag ingay..huy walang ganung hirit ha.nakakahiya kay maestro bluenote.bka sagasaan ako ng motor nya!hahahaha

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #774 on: September 11, 2009, 10:59:11 PM »
I hope a new album will come out soon!
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards