hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 347416 times)

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #1325 on: October 03, 2010, 04:53:29 AM »

sayang lang di niya tinugtog yung bold as love.

Ako yung sumisigaw ng Bold as Love doon sa harap haha :) Not enough blues and too much acoustic in that concert  :roll:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:55:08 AM by Filippo »
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1326 on: October 03, 2010, 05:08:44 AM »
Thanks paps....galing talaga ni JM. more videos please :D

This is the last one I have meng :) Obvious talagang guitarista e, puro solo lang kinuha hehe :evil:

His tone with the 335 and this telecaster looking guitar with pups that looked like pups from a Gretch were killer ... I think the telecaster looking guitar may have been an underwood?  :?

Yung last solo was from the en core i think ... that was an SG naman ata. I thought the tone of that one killed!!

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1327 on: October 03, 2010, 08:08:02 AM »
Nice!! San ka nagpapirma?!

he waited sa Hotel before John went to soundcheck.. hahaha..

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1328 on: October 03, 2010, 09:11:48 AM »
This is the last one I have meng :) Obvious talagang guitarista e, puro solo lang kinuha hehe :evil:

His tone with the 335 and this telecaster looking guitar with pups that looked like pups from a Gretch were killer ... I think the telecaster looking guitar may have been an underwood?  :?

Yung last solo was from the en core i think ... that was an SG naman ata. I thought the tone of that one killed!!

yo es, it's a la cabronita as far as i know. tv jones pups as far as i know?

Offline Silaw

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1329 on: October 03, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
Ako yung sumisigaw ng Bold as Love doon sa harap haha :) Not enough blues and too much acoustic in that concert  :roll:

true. but i think he wanted to compromise a bit; maybe they've taken a guess at what the crowd will be and added more pop songs instead. i noticed that the crowd was not as, er, enthusiastic when jm was playing his fringe songs (do you know me, edge of desire, etc). i told my friend that night na these songs are where a lot of people would probably fast-forward, and it looked like i was right - parang nagkatamaran yung mga chikas sa harap ko at times.

or baka lang ako talaga yung overly enthusiastic, and i unfairly expected the crowd to be the same.

anyway, i'd think magiging hit pa rin kung tinugtog nya yung bold as love. it has the mainstream appeal, and the opportunity for jm to wank out on his solos.

captainbackfire: i can't see any of your pics from here in the office. gusto ko makita yang strat mo!  :cry:
Could I have been anyone other than me?
Could I have been anyone?

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1330 on: October 03, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
yeah, too bad not enough blues. but i can hear some Blues riffs on some adlibs and solos.. hehehehe.

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1331 on: October 03, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »
yo es, it's a la cabronita as far as i know. tv jones pups as far as i know?

Thanks man ... i thought his tone in that song was absolutely refreshingly good :) ... that aNd his 335 ... not the usual tones you hear :)

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1332 on: October 03, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
he waited sa Hotel before John went to soundcheck.. hahaha..

Dang it! Pwede pala yun! Had I known I would have waited kahit a day before pa!! Wah!:(

Offline boy_noel

« Reply #1333 on: October 03, 2010, 02:20:59 PM »
i'ts been long since i visited this thread..

john raped his guitars last friday, sick talent..

I just want to know how many bands can play in our EB night, yeah, im producing. but 1st, i wanna know things muna.

"DO YOU KNOW ME?" Gravity Club EB night.

target date say, November or December? pedeng thanksgiving party or Xmas party natin. how many can play? i need 5 bands that will play John's songs. and who will be attending?

BAND LINE-UP:

1. Driftwood
2. Dejado

count us in! number 2!  :wink:
rock & funk!!!

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1334 on: October 03, 2010, 07:39:55 PM »
is there any john mayer appearances sa tv nung dumating sya dito??

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1335 on: October 03, 2010, 10:10:50 PM »
is there any john mayer appearances sa tv nung dumating sya dito??

nah, only sa GMA ko nakita ung excerpt ng naganap sa concert niya..

Offline galingnamanon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1336 on: October 03, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
..bitin!!! but friggin awesome!the TONE man!suh-weet!best of the best!

..was fortunate to score a free ticket at the last minute (tnx sa nagbigay!)..(hehe almost had the chance panga to be JM's driver!bwahaha..di ko lang kabisado mga daan..aaargh)

..kakainis lang yung mga payong..to think i didn't bring one dahil didn't want to block anyone's view and was ready to get drenched (and i did get drenched!haha)..nun pala daming nagpayong!ngek! kala ko nga kakanta sya ng "covered in rain" eh..haha

..all in all..amazing!sana bumalik sya ulit..kakabisaduhin ko na mga daan!hehe

..tnx sa mga nagpost ng videos dito..sarap ulit ulitin..haha

..ayos yung gravity club EB night..kahit sino ba pede pumunta or exclusive lang sir?at kung exclusive..pano sumali sa gravity club..hehe..tnx
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:12:45 AM by galingnamanon »
"..you know..it's a very strong day today.." - SRV

Offline sulayman44

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1337 on: October 04, 2010, 12:08:38 AM »
ano suot nya sa concert? ganito? hahahaha Damn if you're that good i guess you can wear anything you want. Im gonna see JM live before i die!  :-D

Offline reji05ramos

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1338 on: October 04, 2010, 01:10:16 AM »
I just want to know how many bands can play in our EB night, yeah, im producing. but 1st, i wanna know things muna.

target date say, November or December? pedeng thanksgiving party or Xmas party natin. how many can play? i need 5 bands that will play John's songs. and who will be attending?

BAND LINE-UP:

1. Driftwood
2. Dejado

count us in! number 2! 

gusto ko sana sumali dito. pwede po palagay ung exact time, date and venue?
thanks po!
Nakaka inggit naman kayong nakanuod upclose. Nakatambay lang kami sa giligan's e.  :lol:

Offline haringulan

« Reply #1339 on: October 04, 2010, 01:17:02 AM »
here's my concert review and brief coverage from the bronze ticket holders area:

i think the best part of the concert for me was when i was staying outside of the venue at around 4pm waiting for the gates to open and john mayer played "born under a bad sign" during sound check. it was the best part because it was when i was still excited, i was DRY, it wasnt part of what i paid for, and i wasn't frustrated that i couldnt see him.

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1340 on: October 04, 2010, 03:56:55 AM »

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1341 on: October 04, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »
wahhhhhh grabe tagal kong gustung mag PM para lang sabihn gano ka AWESOME ANG JOHN MAYER CONCERT grabe kahit umuulan sobrang mismo mismo mismo mismo !!! grabe sobrang sulit kahit umuulan na ,sulit ang pagbabasa ko sa ulan heheh nakita ko si idol pinkamismong concert EVAH EVAH EVAH huhuuhu galing niya grabe i was shouting and screaming grabe ibang iba hahahaha
AMMK!!!

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1342 on: October 04, 2010, 10:00:51 AM »

BAND LINE-UP:

1. Driftwood

kuya nong sent you an sms regarding this :)
count me in ,,nwei badtrip lang ako sa mga seurity na nagbebenta ng guitar pick dunlop kay mayer daw yun and the price is 1k???? U L O L ba sila hahahahahah wala namng pirma ni mayer mukhang napulot lang nila somewhere

@nico wow ang lucky mo may pirma ni mayer shucks grabe i envy you pare,,dapat pala sumama ako sayu haahha
AMMK!!!

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1343 on: October 04, 2010, 10:45:57 AM »
mismo si mayer! mejo bitin pero mismo paren. at isa pang mismo ung mga payong ng channel v. ang laki grabe  :lol:

i was hoping to see jj johnson and dela pero unfortunately wala sila. sympre wala si pino at steve :(

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1344 on: October 04, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »
mismo si mayer! mejo bitin pero mismo paren. at isa pang mismo ung mga payong ng channel v. ang laki grabe  :lol:

i was hoping to see jj johnson and dela pero unfortunately wala sila. sympre wala si pino at steve :(

di na si dela ang bass player ni jm ngayun lam ko iba na pinagbabassan ni dela ngayun pero grabe ang mismo ng concert.di ko masasabing bitin kasi lam kong he;s tired na din and all and swerte tayu sa asia japan and manila lang ata ang pinagbigyan niya :) mismo diba heheh grabe sobrang LIKEY ko yung concert
AMMK!!!

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1345 on: October 04, 2010, 11:10:33 AM »
Ahhh!! that i didn't know.. itext nga dapat kita kaso di nag reply si lenard kinukuha ko number mo sa kanya. pero we went home very happy. music is good. walang pasaway sa crowd. kudos kay papa john. balik sana sya dito

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1346 on: October 04, 2010, 11:41:08 AM »
Ahhh!! that i didn't know.. itext nga dapat kita kaso di nag reply si lenard kinukuha ko number mo sa kanya. pero we went home very happy. music is good. walang pasaway sa crowd. kudos kay papa john. balik sana sya dito

onga eh walang pasaway lahat game pwera sa mga iilang jejemon na nakaupo lang at tuod dun sa tabi ko hahaha pero sobrang mismo nung concert sana sa susunud na dating nitya sa closed concert hall na :) buti nalang gumagawa na sm ng coliseum heheh :) malamang next punta niya eh sa SM coliseum na cant wait :) till then all hopes for his comeback here in manila :) he rocked out...kulit pa nung kinakanta niya yung stop this train ,,yung sa paligid ko kinakanta namin STOP THIS RAIN! hahahahaha
AMMK!!!

Offline addriann303030

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1347 on: October 04, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »
sabi ni John Mayer nung pagkatapos niya kantahin yung dont stop believing " Thank you Manilla, Thank You we will come back soon"  :-)

Offline chadrhix

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1348 on: October 04, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:09:44 PM by chadrhix »
Bonzter= bad deal experience 09232752821
Thisischano = Joybuyer 09175466595 

https://www.facebook.com/CxBags

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1349 on: October 04, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »
sabi ni John Mayer nung pagkatapos niya kantahin yung dont stop believing " Thank you Manilla, Thank You we will come back soon"  :-)

Sana nga! :cry: